• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Return fire!!

I find your participation as well as akpreacher here on CP great for the community/family. From someone that doesn’t care if pictures are posted or not, it really just comes down to the question you posed. “Over a thank you post?” One could pose that question to any of the guys that want to dig their heels in over such a simple request for etiquette. Really is being right more important that following the rules written or not? There have been times when I have had my socks knocked off by the likes of Bill or John, and others that I would have loved to post a picture to show gratitude, but I understand why it’s not always a good decision to do so… and for the record I don’t think anyone has told anyone else to “get lost” no one wants that!!! I love the community and all most of its members… let’s just let this one go and move on as family should do! Besides there are others ways to thank someone with a pic in other threads like the Today’s smoke thread as you smoke the gracious gifts you have received from some great BOTL…
I guess that's what kind of makes this whole argument not make to much sense to me. I mean people post a pic and say thank you "so and so" for this great cigar, so you know who it came from. But, people get put on the block for showing the other 2-4 sticks they are proud they received. I'm not here to change the code of honor here.... I just don't think this so called ... and I use this term lightly.... rule ... is worth all this tension and upheaval.

I think this tread should have been dead a long time ago. Posting individual sticks shows they sent you a great stick, but posting a pile of $300 worth of cigars sets an expectation for guys who are newer and have never bombed someone but want to. They can see that and think, shit to show my appreciation to someone I have to drop x dollars or they'll think I am cheap or be offended rather than happy. There is two sides to the argument for sure, let this thread die.

I think this tread should have been dead a long time ago. Posting individual sticks shows they sent you a great stick, but posting a pile of $300 worth of cigars sets an expectation for guys who are newer and have never bombed someone but want to. They can see that and think, shit to show my appreciation to someone I have to drop x dollars or they'll think I am cheap or be offended rather than happy. There is two sides to the argument for sure, let this thread die.
This was a thank you post posted a couple weeks ago. Not sure what you are saying about let this thread die. Again I don't need people to protect my feelings. And if somebody don't want to send a bomb because they think it's not worthy because I sent someone a huge take that my friend... and another brother feels cheated because they got less... well... that's just life. People should not draw expectations from seeing other peoples gifts. It's like saying I can't tell @jfields I love him because I don't tell you I love you ( I not saying I don't by the way). We all have different levels of friendship with people in life. And I also think if a person wants to send a bomb to get one....they are the problem... not people saying thank you. Bombs do not require return fire. PERIOD. I mean.... unless it's a trade.... nothing should be expected in return. Again... my opinion.

Old Man, we aren't going to agree on this one, and that's fine. The way I see it though, the issue isn't the posting of the pic, it's the "I don't care what your community expectations/norms/rules (whatever you want to call them) are" attitude.
Hey.... I love you @smellysell. And a difference of opinion will not change that. I met you here because you stepped up to get me some Everclear that California out laws for sales. I didn't know you from Adam. But your actions helped saved my Moms life. I will never forget that....ever. As far as this don't show a bomb... I say... if ya want to and the person that sent it is ok... then go for it. I know the cool kids will... (should) just cruise on by and put ya on ignore though. And... if that bothers a person... I suggest they refrain and just send a private thank you. But to dive in on a persons post from a person showing some cigars they are grateful to get from a person here and call that some sort of crime against CP, and get all testy, well.... I just think it's lame. You can always just move to another thread and leave the negative hoopla in your head and refrain from posting. Or ... put a group rule of law that strictly forbids it or else. This we don't agree with it unless we like it isn't working out as you all can see. I do think some people enjoy the finger pointing though.... 😎. Back in the day I was a guard dog here as well. I know they have the best interest of CP in their hearts. Anyway.... I appreciate @akpreacher's thank you post and am sorry if any of you didn't. But I don't see a crime or a reason to talk smack. Opinions vary.