• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Robusto Pass

golfgar said:
Well, I'm back from Northwestern Ontario. It was one of those fly-in trips. Got to fly on two of my favorite float planes, the Beaver and the Otter. Both were about 50 years old and are great airframes for that kind of trip. We had 9 guys in the cabin, and caught more than 125 fish each. I had the longest northern pike, not huge but a nice fish nonetheless, 36 inches and somewhere north of 10 pounds.

We smoked a ton of cigars and drank a little whiskey too. The nothern lights were spectacular on Saturday night.

Swissy, I can't remember if I put in some of those plain white bands, if I did not, I meant to. I can mail them to the next for inclusion in the box. LMK if they were in the box.

Thanks
[snapback]224534[/snapback]​

Glad you had a good trip- sounds like a great time! Been awhile since I did a fly in... haven't seen the Northern Lights yet this year-too much rain to see them!

There were no blank bands in, that I saw (I have been known to be blind tho, according to the missus!) The SLR Serie A was unbanded, so if anyone has a blank band please attach one on that put o' mine! I have 1000 coming my way so in the future this won't happen.

The pass arrived safe and sound. I came home from work sick today but I managed to pull off an inventory and everything looks as it should.

I took the package to the post office because I know there will be no getting out of the bed tomorrow as sick as I feel right now and I didn't want to hold the pass up.

Thanks for letting me be part of the pass.

Rich

Rich, bro...
you didn't do any P/T's?? :0 Sorry you're so under the weather, but I doubt you would have held up the pass? I would not have minded waiting an extra... oh wait- I sent it to you! :cool:

Very honorable of you to diregard your own P/T's to hurry the pass along... get well soon, and I'm sure you'll get in another pass soon enough.

Woo Hoo!!! Can't wait!! Don't worry about that SLR A, it won't need a band! :laugh:

I'll throw in a bunch when it leaves here. :)

Great that the pass is moving on, but the idea is to take a few and put some other ones in. :)

Sorry I haven't responded until now but I slept like 20 hours straight and my fever still hasn't broke.

I managed to take a few and put a few but was so delirious I just didn't take time to post them.

To the best of my knowledge these were my P&T:

Take: Montesino
Take: AF Rothchild Maduro
Take: Bolivar Royal Corona 2004
Take: Perdomo Reserve Cameroon

Put: Ramon Allones Specially Selected 2000
Put: Carlos Torano 1959 Silver exodus
Put: AF 8-5-8 Maduro
Put: AF Work of Art Maduro(side by side a DCM #5 and they were same length)
Put: AF Anejo #50

I also included a couple extra premiums in a separate clearly marked bag that is not part of the pass. ;)

If anyone has a problem with my P&T please let me know I will make it up.

Rich

Rich, those were very nice plays! :) Thanks for being part of the pass and doing your absolute best to keep it moving under very difficult circumstances.

Hope you are feeling a lot better.

As soon as the pass lands please go through my P&T's because I went off memory 2 hours after the box shipped with the worst case of the flu EVER!!!

According to the DC the package was delivered today @ 2:00

Well, 1400 was a little optimistic on the part of the USPS, but they did get here around 1500. Inventory is accurate as regard to numbers and P&Ts; frontmarks all match as well.

Takes have been done, puts are being considered as I write; full account later.

Hey Swissy, nice traditional touch! :thumbs:

Takes:
12. Henry Clay Mirabelle
23. Gispert
26. SLR Serie A
29. AF 858 Maduro

Puts:
36. Fonseca "mit Zeder Beli
37. RyJ Cazadores 8/04
38. Torano Signature
39. AF Cuban Beli SG

If no problems, out in tomorrow's mail.
Thanks for having me in this one. All sticks were in great condition. :thumbs:

Not having seen any comments yea or nay, I'm boxing this up and sending this out this morning. I put in some extra baggies and some blank labels. Heads up Robert!! DC 01038555749661829290

A larger box will soon be needed, I think.

I'm here. Just watching and learning. My first pass and all :)

Yeah I'm watching this. Great plays! It's getting closer to me. I wonder how many cigars I can smoke out of the box before I get it back on the road? ;)

Nice plays psyktek, I was going through the deepest parts of the cabinet to find robustos that were different than those already in the pass.
I almost threw in a Cuban belicoso myself :p glad I left that one for you.

batter up :thumbs:

Rich

nice plays!!
Looks like it's rolling along... maybe we should have it roll around a second time! :whistling:

The pass seems to be moving along swiftly. I was out of town again for the last 5 days and had no access to a computer. Back now and not leavig for a while. Doesn't seem like there is much need to monitor this pass as you guys seem to know exactly what to do.

Swissy said:
nice plays!!
Looks like it's rolling along... maybe we should have it roll around a second time! :whistling:
[snapback]227095[/snapback]​

We could do that.

Looks like this is moving along nicely. Moving sucks. I as well had no computer access all weekend as we were in the middle of a big move, but it's all done now, except for the unpacking.

And I agree it'll be tough to find some robustos that are not currently or previously in the pass! I'd better start looking now!

What do you think the toughest vitola pass would be?

Pyramids would be easy, churchills...again easy, toro's...no problem, I think it would be panetelas. There are some outstanding varieties out there but if your humidor looks like mine there are fewer of those lying around than any other size.

Do you agree?