• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Robusto Pass

Absolutely. I'd say less than 1% of my collection is in that size. Not a fan of those at all.

Maybe Churchill not many people get them because either they afraid of the size or don't have the time to smoke a larger cigar. I also don't like panetelas, but would be open to a continued pass in a different size.

The eagle has landed!

Will get proposed P/Ts in the am tomorrow.
Will also do an inventory, make sure everything is cool, yada yada yada.

:thumbs:

tone-ny said:
Maybe Churchill not many people get them because either they afraid of the size or don't have the time to smoke a larger cigar. I also don't like panetelas, but would be open to a continued pass in a different size.
[snapback]227722[/snapback]​

If we were to continue this what size would be most appealing?

The Pyramid/Torpedo would be a great pass. I happen to like the panatela vitola. Most of the ones I've smoked are very flavorful. I don't know why they are so good. Fundadores, fumas, lanceros, they are just a long and funny-looking cigar. Not much of a chick magnet, with one of those in your mouth. :laugh:

Gonz said:
And I agree it'll be tough to find some robustos that are not currently or previously in the pass! I'd better start looking now!
[snapback]227377[/snapback]​

My thoughts exactly. I even picked up a few assorted robustos from my local tobacconist during my last visit, with this pass in mind.

I like the Pyramid/Torp idea, if we include Belicosos. In my experience there are very few actual Pyramids out there, if you're sticking to the tapered shape. A lot of beli's are sold as pyramids. I don't really care for true pyramids, the increasing concentration as the stick narrows is not to my taste.

psyktek said:
I like the Pyramid/Torp idea, if we include Belicosos. In my experience there are very few actual Pyramids out there, if you're sticking to the tapered shape. A lot of beli's are sold as pyramids. I don't really care for true pyramids, the increasing concentration as the stick narrows is not to my taste.
[snapback]227922[/snapback]​

I agree that the line has become blurred. I think many cigar brands have come out with some very good Beli/torp/pyramids in order to make it an interesting idea.

By the way, I tried to keep the box size and weight fairly small and low in order to make the shipping costs as cheap as possible. In fact were less than 1/2 of those of the last pass I was in. I wish I could find a box made of corrugated plastic material similar to that used by the Post office or a plastic tube of some sort, but I have not been able to find such an animal. That would keep the packages inexpensive to ship and very reuseable.

NorCalCigarLover said:
golfgar said:
What do you think the toughest vitola pass would be?

I would have to say Salomon.

:cool:
[snapback]227927[/snapback]​

You are probably right about that! :D

OK,

What does everyone think about a continuation pass with Belicoso, Pyramid, or Torpedo vitola's? I have had an offer to co-host such a continuation pass and I think it will happen. We will be working on the list shortly, but since some of you expressed an interest in continuing this pattern of vitola passes, LMK if you would be interested since you were all in this pass you get the first invitation.

Golfgar.....IN
Swissy......IN
Ironworker
Psyktek.....IN
Browndevil..IN
OutlawD.....IN
Gonz........IN
LCSmoker....IN
tony-ny.....IN
Shibumi.....IN
KayakinBoy

Just post out loud on this thread and I will keep track on this post. I assume the next round wouldn't start until after this one is done. As we are not quite half way home it could be another 6 weeks or so by the time the next round starts. Meanwhile I will get a preliminary list together of cigars for inclusion in the pass and post it. I know it is hard to say yea or nea without knowing what cigars will be in the pass. You can probably guess most of them, Diplo #2, Bolivar Beli Fino, Upmann #2, Monte #2, Padron 1964 beli, Opus X beli, Anjeo Shark etc, etc.

I'd be in for another. My selection of those vitolas is a little limited, but I'll do my best!

Also, question. Can anyone direct me to a site where I can find out the MSRP on cigars?

Count me in, but why not reverse the order so that last mailed is first mailed this time around.

tone-ny said:
Count me in, but why not reverse the order so that last mailed is first mailed this time around.
[snapback]228034[/snapback]​

Good idea Anthony!

Pyre said:
I'd be in for another. My selection of those vitolas is a little limited, but I'll do my best!

Also, question. Can anyone direct me to a site where I can find out the MSRP on cigars?
[snapback]228030[/snapback]​

I have no clue on MSRP's. For domestics, just use one of the normal sites with both the put and the take, and make your assessment from there. For comparison of those other ones the same comparison can be made from most sites, as it is a comparison of relative value only.

Also,don't forget that purchase price is not always the only indication of value. For instance, those seasonal products of Fuente are normally thought of as having pass value greater than purchase price and conversely if you buy an Opus X for $25 you have paid way too much and people will call bullshmidt since it is really not a $25 cigar. Luckily there are no $25 cigars in the line up.