• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Send Lawyers, Guns and Money Pass - below 50 RG only- Completed.

modo22 said:

It's not why I came here - And it reminds me of talking with my ex-wife :)
Being rational and logical with those breasts NEVER work.  I hope I never feel that feeling again.  There is something special with those "ex" creatures.

Fix't!

grateful1 said:

Being rational and logical with those breasts NEVER work.  I hope I never feel that feeling again.  There is something special with those "ex" creatures.

Fix't!

LOL!  :laugh:
Okay so, I've read everything up to the chill pill, which seems to be much needed. 

While I can appreciate wanting to have a pass where there's not much emphasis on the pricing,  I just don't see that happening.  Actually, that's really a big part of the pass as several have already pointed out, including Gary (Ironpeddler), who IMO gave really spot on great advice right from the get go.  What this seems to be, at least to me, is more like a hot potatoe bomb on steroids.  Don't worry about it, just grab what you want and put back whatever as long as they smoke good.  May be over dramatizing a bit, but still. 

Let me tell you from experience, hosting a pass for the first time with first time passers?  It is not so easy.  Yeah, I became a member of this great family in Oct 2007, and ran my first pass in Nov 2007.  But, let me tell you I did a ton of research, studying, reading, asking questions and so on.  I had two FOGs at my back and my rules were spelled out explaining everything in detail to ensure all knew what was going on up front and in the beginning intro post. 

This:

"Make the guys research their P/T's and put pricing out there when they post them. Then you go to a member that know what's going on and say "hey, what do you think about what John just did? Do you think that will work?". There are more than a few of us that would be glad to help." 

You are the host and as such it is your responsibility to step up to the plate and push every passer to do their research.  Not only that, you have to do the same research.  As soon as T/P's are put up you should be hitting the sites and ensuring all is good with them, then putting out there the question of other passers thoughts.  Create discussion, but have answers ready.  If you don't have the answers, then go to a FOG or two and ask them for advice/help.  A newbie pass, which is what I'm calling it, is not just ALL fun and games, especially for the host.  It really is a lot of work, and a lot of time to put into it. 

This is what a pass is all about.  Putting in the work, learning the cigars, and having fun during.  But, let me tell you from experience, hosting a pass for the first time with first time passers?  It is not so easy, especially when jumping in head first  Whew! 

Gary, you are the man and did an excellent job in your original posts regarding passes!  Proud of you brother! 

Brian too, wouldn't want to piss you off in a dark alley (LOL!), but you have some seriously sound advice as always and give great direction.  As the old saying goes...you get it. 

Off my soap box...and on to better thangs (uh oh...don't get me Gary...I spelt it like ah say it...hahaha!)

So...for the first contest in this here shindig...I'm going to send out one of my very own handmade salt rock cigar lamps to the first person that can:

1) Tell me how I came up with my screen name
2) What was my original screen name
3) What was it I got called instead of my original screen name

Kingantz said:

So...for the first contest in this here shindig...I'm going to send out one of my very own handmade salt rock cigar lamps to the first person that can:

1. Stephen "King" and Piers "Ant"hony
2. gandmlove
3.  grandmalove

Brickhouse said:

1. Stephen "King" and Piers "Ant"hony
2. gandmlove
3.  grandmalove

Hooooly crap Wyatt!  LOL!  I'm betting nobody else even saw the contest yet...Ha!  Send me your addy brother, and I'll get it out to you!

Kingantz said:

Hooooly crap Wyatt!  LOL!  I'm betting nobody else even saw the contest yet...Ha!  Send me your addy brother, and I'll get it out to you!

Haha, sorry.  You caught me in the middle of lunch and I had nothing to do.  I remembered gandmlove, but had to research the grandmalove one, lol, hilarious!  I also knew Stephen King, but couldn't remember the Piers Anthony piece and had to search for it.

I haven't won a contest in like 3 years.  I'm pumped.

LOL! Thanks for the contest Greg! Congratulations Wyatt!

grateful1 said:

Fix't!

I see what you did there! :)  Unfortunately, I do not want to remember those things!

Brickhouse said:

Haha, sorry.  You caught me in the middle of lunch and I had nothing to do.  I remembered gandmlove, but had to research the grandmalove one, lol, hilarious!  I also knew Stephen King, but couldn't remember the Piers Anthony piece and had to search for it.

Damnit!!  Why did I go to lunch!!!!!!

Brickhouse said:

This is heading out in the morning first thing 9405903699300161105658.  Remember I made this by hand so don't expect anything fancy schmancy!  :laugh:   Oh, and you have to put it back together too.  Congrats on the win!!

Kingantz said:

This is heading out in the morning first thing 9405903699300161105658.  Remember I made this by hand so don't expect anything fancy schmancy!  :laugh:   Oh, and you have to put it back together too.  Congrats on the win!!

I plan on it being an office piece....conversation starter and health booster!

You know damn well the first thing Wyatt is going to do is lick that thing after he open it.

jfields said:
You know damn well the first thing Wyatt is going to do is lick that thing after he open it.

Freebern once told me......after you open anything, lick it.

Brickhouse said:

Freebern once told me......after you open anything, lick it.

Holy shit, I choked on my water there Wyatt  :sign:

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a salt rock?

Rules clarification (final)

ISOM/ISOM, NC/NC Keep your trades as close to equal as possible.Try to avoid overputs that will negatively affect the players later down the road in the pass. 

There have been several methods posted to this thread as to how calculations might be made. Let's all try to realize that the restriction of less than 50 RG makes it harder to match up so let's not set a specific limit, post your puts and takes out there as early as possible for discussion  to a decision that everyone is comfortable with.

Discussion of puts/takes is encouraged so that all players will broaden their knowledge.

ETA - Have fun and as you think about your puts/takes be thinking about what you are going to send to the troops.

women-who-dont-wear-underwear-panties-demotivational-posters-1347967183.jpg