• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The Blind Leading the Blind Pass

I should be able to post my puts and takes for approval tonight. Also, is there a bag in the pass to add additional smokes for OpFTH? Or should I just add them as additional puts?

Unless you want those specific cigars to make it too the troops, I think it would be a treat to make them additional puts. That is your call either way.

Hi Gents,

Here are my proposed takes/puts. Be gentle, this is my first time :D
I think they are all good but I found prices for the Padilla Miami Robusto that were sort of all over the place so if needed I am sure I can find something other than the Illusione.

TAKE: #23 Juan Lopez No. 2 ('06) PUT: #?? Bolivar Coronas Extra ('99)
TAKE: #25 Rafael Gonzales CE ('07) PUT: #?? Monte No. 2 ('07)
TAKE: #31 Padilla Miami Robsuto PUT: #?? Illusione 2
TAKE: #34 Padilla Obsidian PUT: #?? Ashton VSG Torpedo
TAKE: #?? Ramon Allones Eminencia PUT: #?? H. Upmann Sir Winston ('01)

Once Nate updates JetDr's puts with numbers I will edit this with the correct numbers. Also, Nate, I sent you a PM with the sources for the ISOMs for your approval.

Thanks,
Tim

The numbers are up and they are definately approved. Just to point something out. The rules say this:

6. I will expect information (via PM) on any Cuban cigars placed in this pass. Expect to be asked the vendor and maybe for a pic of boxes and cigars. Don't be offended. It is my duty to protect this pass.

JetDr and sinnyc PM'd with all of the info that I asked for right up front, making this easier for all of us. Great job, guys. Please, follow this example.

Let us know when the bird lands, Tim.

The box was waiting for me when I got home and looks to be in fine shape. I will go through it when I get back from my regular Thursday Night herf and should be able to get it out tomorrow.

Seadub, you ready? :)

- Tim

The box was waiting for me when I got home and looks to be in fine shape. I will go through it when I get back from my regular Thursday Night herf and should be able to get it out tomorrow.

Seadub, you ready? :)

- Tim

r
e
a
d
y

OK, confirming my approved Takes and Puts here:

TAKE: #23 Juan Lopez No. 2 ('06) PUT: #51 Bolivar Coronas Extra ('99)
TAKE: #25 Rafael Gonzales CE ('07) PUT: #52 Monte No. 2 ('07)
TAKE: #31 Padilla Miami Robsuto PUT: #53 Illusione 2
TAKE: #34 Padilla Obsidian PUT: #54 Ashton VSG Torpedo
TAKE: #50 Ramon Allones Eminencia PUT: #55 H. Upmann Sir Winston ('01)

In addition, I have added a few more Puts:
PUT: #56 Tatuaje Aristas
PUT: #57 Graycliff Double Espresso
PUT: #58 La Aroma de Cuba Churchill
PUT: #59 Gurkha Legend Aniversario Perfecto
PUT: #60 Gurkha Master Select Toro

I figure the more the merrier ;)

Seadub, I should be able to get this on the way to you tomorrow morning. Nate, thanks for having me in the pass!

- Tim

Edited to add DC: 0503 8555 7491 1843 1287

Just wanted to say i think it's pretty cool you are running a pass and including some newbies in the fun. i am a uber-newbie and have been enjoying reading posts though i haven't been posting much (or at all). I hope to get my feet wet with a pass here in the near future and would appreciate your consideration for a heads up. Quite the impressive list of cigars on your pass as well. i have a humidor that i've been slowly adding a couple sticks to at a time but have a way to go. Anyway, just getting out there and meeting people, pretty cool community you guys have here.

Adam

Just wanted to say i think it's pretty cool you are running a pass and including some newbies in the fun. i am a uber-newbie and have been enjoying reading posts though i haven't been posting much (or at all). I hope to get my feet wet with a pass here in the near future and would appreciate your consideration for a heads up. Quite the impressive list of cigars on your pass as well. i have a humidor that i've been slowly adding a couple sticks to at a time but have a way to go. Anyway, just getting out there and meeting people, pretty cool community you guys have here.

Adam

Hi Adam and welcome to CP.

I'd say you should introduce yourself HERE if you havent already and then head over to the Newbie Sampler Trade thread HERE and see if it appeals to you. The intro is a good idea because you may well meet more members near you. In fact, right off the top of my head I know of at least 2 that are Alaskans. As for the NST, it's a great way to meet a FOG, get involved a bit and, of course, try a variety of cigars. It was the first thing I did when I got here and it really confirmed my feeling that I had found a new home on the web.

- Tim

OK, confirming my approved Takes and Puts here:

TAKE: #23 Juan Lopez No. 2 ('06) PUT: #51 Bolivar Coronas Extra ('99)
TAKE: #25 Rafael Gonzales CE ('07) PUT: #52 Monte No. 2 ('07)
TAKE: #31 Padilla Miami Robsuto PUT: #53 Illusione 2
TAKE: #34 Padilla Obsidian PUT: #54 Ashton VSG Torpedo
TAKE: #50 Ramon Allones Eminencia PUT: #55 H. Upmann Sir Winston ('01)

In addition, I have added a few more Puts:
PUT: #56 Tatuaje Aristas
PUT: #57 Graycliff Double Espresso
PUT: #58 La Aroma de Cuba Churchill
PUT: #59 Gurkha Legend Aniversario Perfecto
PUT: #60 Gurkha Master Select Toro

I figure the more the merrier ;)

Seadub, I should be able to get this on the way to you tomorrow morning. Nate, thanks for having me in the pass!

- Tim

Edited to add DC: 0503 8555 7491 1843 1287

Very generous of you, Tim. I'll make a note of them in the list. Thank you so much for being a part of this. Thus far, with the exception of my sins, this has gone of with a blast and I appreciate all of the work everyone is doing. A note to the guys down the line. There has been several discussions about puting extras in a pass. Tim knows the pass is going to the troops and chose to add more than his fair share. This is not mandatory, nor is it expected. I have seen several passes where someone will put a few extra cigars in and then it sets a precedence. People feel that they must add cigars to keep up. Not only is it not the case in this pass, but is not the case in any.

Very nice plays Tim!

The UBER-NEWBS really seem to be doing their homework, making this pass a smooth sailing one thus far. :thumbs:

I have a noob question here. I know Anejos are somewhat rare (at least in my area especially the shark) and was wondering if they are considered a rare or super-premium when in a pass? I would love to try that shark, pending puts/takes from the prior participants of course, and was wondering if a VSG Illusion would be a fair trade since they are close to MSRP? If not then maybe a VSG Enchantment?

Be gentle as I'm still learning about rare and super premium cigars. :)

I have a noob question here. I know Anejos are somewhat rare (at least in my area especially the shark) and was wondering if they are considered a rare or super-premium when in a pass? I would love to try that shark, pending puts/takes from the prior participants of course, and was wondering if a VSG Illusion would be a fair trade since they are close to MSRP? If not then maybe a VSG Enchantment?

Be gentle as I'm still learning about rare and super premium cigars. :)

It is considered both a Rare and Premium cigar Greg. The Anejo comes out only once a year for most. The VSG is also a premium, and although not very plentiful in some places, not too rare.
Best thing to do in a case like this, is to PM the pass host and see how he feels about the rarity for rarity rules. Also, to see if he feels the greater MSRP makes up for the rarity difference.

I've traded things like God Of Fires for Sharks where there was a huge gap, and I've never heard a complaint. Every host is different, and you can't fault them for not letting close ones fly.

Edit to add: You also need to take into consideration that like Opus, most do not get Anejo at MSRP including yours truely. On the other hand, I always get the VSG at that.............Just one more thing to think about when doing puts and takes.
When you agree to be in a pass you always have to be prepared that it may cost you a bit to get what you want.

Thanks for the reply...I figured the Shark was probably out of my reach at the moment. It's not that I would be afraid to give up something to get something else but I just don't have too many really nice cigars right now.

Thanks for the reply...I figured the Shark was probably out of my reach at the moment. It's not that I would be afraid to give up something to get something else but I just don't have too many really nice cigars right now.
Greg don't worry about that I make sure you have something in the PIF Pass that hopefully when your turn comes in this pass you can trade for that Shark if its still there. :thumbs:

Greg don't worry about that I make sure you have something in the PIF Pass that hopefully when your turn comes in this pass you can trade for that Shark if its still there. :thumbs:

Thanks Brian, very generous of you! And I will definitely pay it forward when it's my turn in that Pass. :thumbs:

Greg,

I've got you covered on the Shark. No need to worry about having a put for it in the pass. Hopefully you haven't tried the tag alongs as well.

Enjoy Brother,

Gary

DC# 0103 8555 7493 4094 3590

Greg,

I've got you covered on the Shark. No need to worry about having a put for it in the pass. Hopefully you haven't tried the tag alongs as well.

Enjoy Brother,

Gary

Smooth.... nice play! :thumbs:

Greg,

Enjoy Brother,

Gary

Outstanding Gary!

Greg,

Enjoy Brother,

Gary

Gary,

Thank you very much. Your generosity is above and beyond what I was expecting from my question. lol

This board and it's members surprise me more and more every day. :thumbs:

-Greg

Outstanding, Gary. Goodness. My internet goes down for one weekend and I don't have to sweat it. This is why I asked for guys like jfields to join in. Very good advice.

Here's my proposed puts/takes so far:

T: 6. AF OpusX Petit Lancero P: 61. BTL
T: 27. Johnny-O Lonsdale '07 P: 62. BGM '06
T: 29. Trinidad Coloniales '07 P: 63. Trinidad Coloniales '05
T: 55. H. Upmann Sir Winston '01 P: 64. RyJ Churchill Tubo '01

Let me know what you (guys) think ???

edited: whoops... I just checked and the BGM is actually an '06 (POS DIC 06) not an '07 as I originally posted.

Here's my proposed puts/takes so far:

T: 6. AF OpusX Petit Lancero P: 61. BTL
T: 27. Johnny-O Lonsdale '07 P: 62. BGM '07
T: 29. Trinidad Coloniales '07 P: 63. Trinidad Coloniales '05
T: 55. H. Upmann Sir Winston '01 P: 64. RyJ Churchill Tubo '01

Let me know what you (guys) think ???

It looks like you're slipping...

....in some nice smokes!