• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Time for a lifestyle change...no longer a "Fat Texan"

Awesome bro!

I've been slipping on the regimen I have been on for the last two years since my move back to VA and have put on about 17 lbs. You've inspired me to get back into it again .......Why wait until new years like I planned. :)

Good for you Jake. That's a lot of poundage in a short time. I think it wise being under a doctor supervision. Good luck.

Down 33lbs as of today, 26 days in to the process. I'm tracking the progress on the first post.

Lost 2 inches in my neck, and 2 pant sizes so far. :thumbs:

Nice work Jake be strong this holiday season! So many temptations.

Congrats

Paul

I should hit 50lbs. down by Wednesday...which is my next weigh in. You're right...I do feel much better.

This is the first time I've worn a 2x shirt and 44 pants in over 5 years. Should be under 300lbs. within the next 2.5 weeks.

Pictures or it didn't happen! :sign:

Seriously, that's awesome bro!

Congrats Jake!! Keep up the good work.

After losing 30 lbs, I gained back 12, so back on the program today and will watch your post for inspiration.

Ken

CONGRATS Jake !! Thats an amazing accomplishment. Keep up the great work brother, we are all pulling for you.
I'm sure those close to you are very proud...

Great job. I dropped 90 and then gained back 10 after a knee injury. Just started running again.

The one tip I would give is to make sure that you are doing some strength training to hold on to some muscle mass. The other thing I did was set my goal weight in 5 lb increments.

Keep it up. You might add 10 years to your life by losing the weight.

I should hit 50lbs. down by Wednesday...which is my next weigh in. You're right...I do feel much better.

This is the first time I've worn a 2x shirt and 44 pants in over 5 years. Should be under 300lbs. within the next 2.5 weeks.

Good for you Jake. I would honestly recommend saving one pair of your old "fat pants" and maybe one old shirt. Its hard sometimes when you hop on the scale and your weight hasn't dropped as much as you want and to this day I think the mustachioed man in the mirror looks more of less the same. When I start to drag or question my losses, I pull my old jeans on like they were sweat pants and then let them fall to the ground. Acts of that nature provide the prospective that we sometimes lose when things come easy at first, because at some point gains or losses begin to slow.

As far as exercising to maintain muscle mass I would normally agree but in Jake's case I would recommend following the plan outlined by the Doctors. Walking or some light calisthenic probably wouldn't hurt and stretching is always good, its just at such a calorie deficit I am not sure how much good it would do (or for that matter how it would affect the liquid Ketosis diet).

Fantastic Jake. I am very proud and happy for your loss... Can't wait to see the change.