• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Today's smoke - 2014

CMontoya79 said:
AF 858 Sungrown with age. Damn tasty, I tasted something at the end, yams or sweet potatoes. Very interesting!
Caesar, I was contemplating smoking an 858 Sungrown from Aug '10 this evening myself... at the last minute I opted for Headley Grange Drumstick instead.  Great cigar a third of the way in.

The 858 will have to burn soon though, given your notes.

Feel free to send any specimens which you find undesirable to me to be destroyed by fire! ;)

After four years, tonight is the last night in our house in Germany.  So, I savored this mild weather and took the opportunity to enjoy one final cigar on the balcony while taking in the view for the last time.  Naturally, the choice for the evening was a Quesada Oktoberfest...

CMontoya79 said:
AF 858 Sungrown with age. Damn tasty, I tasted something at the end, yams or sweet potatoes. Very interesting!
For my money, they turn Opus-ey with age. Great smoke.

As for me, tonight I'm enjoying a La Castita Criolla on the bridge wing just south of Cuba and west of Jamaica. Is this cigar salty or was it just the spray?

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:11910]

Gifted this by a great BOTL.  Don't think these are made anymore.  Liked the VR Don Alejandro much better.  

I am enjoying a superb afternoon with an Infantes on the deck before jumping in the pool.

Loose draw, underfilled but lots of smoke and great flavors.

I hope that my friend who going to the Island can find me some of the last boxes next week.

My days are a little off after camping this weekend but here goes.

95 Boli CG. Damn exceptional! Thanks to brother Bill.

IMG_2963_zps12fb3bec.jpg

09 COLA. Very good as always.

IMG_2975_zps5d74f784.jpg

While camping:

03 Party Serie D No.2 EL
10 HdM Epi No.2
07 PLPC

Yesterdays drive coming back from the White Mountains and excellent 07 Party 898.

IMG_2982_zpseea00eef.jpg

11 HdM Short Hoyo Piramide EL. these are smoking great right now and I just ordered a box.

IMG_2987_zps7c68f874.jpg

11 HdM Du Gourmet. These are just perfect!

IMG_2991_zpsef237914.jpg

Morning drive today was a great 06 QdO Gran Corona. Love Qdo's!

IMG_2994_zps65aaa831.jpg

As we speak a freaking awesome 06 PL Lonsdale German RE. My top three regions for RE's are Asia, Italy and Germany. I have found these to always be very good.

IMG_3001_zps05b85bf9.jpg

Had an Illusione Rothchilde today and man it reminded me of a Tat 110 with the power it packed!

Tat mummy. Sweet, mild, fragrant, faint cinnamon and white pepper spice, vanilla and mild honey. This is a great smoke, unless you regularly enjoy opus X ROTT. Top tat smoke for sure. Thank you fellow BOTL, you know who you are.

C

Las Calaveras LC550.

pretty one dimensional.  wouldn't recommend.

Kris, I like your selection

Morning drive was an 07 RA Estupendo Asian RE. Damn cigars been a disappointment. This one was decent but a bit tight. Overall this box has been mediocre. Crappy construction, many tight and kinda flavorless. For the price of these - stay away. I've had two decent ones so far which includes this one. I hope these turn around at some point.

IMG_3009_zps21143eb7.jpg

Midday smoke along with a root beer was an underfilled Diplo No.2. I try to like these but just not in my wheelhouse. Overall this one was good but just not my bag.

IMG_3017_zpsa7d36628.jpg

As we speak a very good Boli Presidente Swiss RE. Similar profile to the LCDH Libertador.

IMG_3025_zps9c5441f7.jpg