• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Today's smoke - 2014

Smoking an '12 Behike. Crazy burn issues I feel like the stogie burned up without me smoking it. A little disappointing.

Morning smoke was an excellent 13 LFDC Gran Cano GB RE. I think these are better than the Grandiosos. I have also been inspired to have a contest after smoking it so please check out the Contest thread.  ;)

IMG_3213_zpsff5d3135.jpg

I've never been a huge fan of Gurkha, but I have been really enjoying the Ghost line.  Here is an Angel.  Cheers!

10525617_761620303881176_4234797408789074793_n.jpg

10527802_761622710547602_5636623612431328875_n.jpg

Enjoyed a Tat Reserve 7th today while reading Tragedy and Hope on the front stoop. Biggest tome I've ever tackled but the cigar was the perfect distraction.

WOAM

Is it just me or are these easier to come by then they used to be? Never as hard to get Opus, but a box never lasted too long at my B&M.  The last few times I popped in they had quite a few on hand. 

Morning drive smoke was an 01 Veguero Especial No. 2. What a pleasant surprise as I was not expecting too much from a Veguero but good overall.

IMG_3222_zps3534fcbc.jpg

Light this! said:
Morning drive smoke was an 01 Veguero Especial No. 2. What a pleasant surprise as I was not expecting too much from a Veguero but good overall.

Kris, that's awesome.  I don't think I've ever heard anyone say positive things about Vegueros.  Isn't Habanos completely rebranding them soon?

Monte Edmundo (MAY 09) from a borderline criminally-generous BOTL.  A panoply of chocolate-covered espresso bean flavors with traces of cedar-- possibly the best cigar I've had all year.

mjolnir01 said:

Kris, that's awesome.  I don't think I've ever heard anyone say positive things about Vegueros.  Isn't Habanos completely rebranding them soon?

Barry, yes I was very surprised. Many people either love or hate them. There is still some older stock available but now with a vintage sticker on them that drives up the cost which I would rather spend my money on something else.

Funny how HSA discontinued them in 2012, relaunched in 2013 to release them in mid 2014 - WTF? The new banded and supposedly milder medium strength Vegueros are now available however, I've only seen them at one vendor but should make their way to the rest soon.  They have three vitolas:

Entretiempos- Petit Robusto
Mananitas - Petit Pyramid
Tapados - Corona Extra

I've read that these were decent and will probably try all three. They now come in Metal Tins of 16 and priced cheap too! 

Illusione is one of my favorite brands. The 888 is the churchill size, and it's good, but I think the cg4 and ~2~ are superior cigars for my tastes.

Morning drive smoke was a very good 10 RA Gordito de Allones Canadian RE.

Did you know that there're 5 scheduled or proposed Ramon Allones RE releases for 2014. It's now August and we haven't seen one of them yet - go figure. The proposed ones are: Germany, Spain, Italy, Switzerland and Lebanon. Looking forward to the Italian & German RE's for sure.

IMG_3317_zps1546bc17.jpg

kona1000 said:
Smoking an '12 Behike. Crazy burn issues I feel like the stogie burned up without me smoking it. A little disappointing.

Dave, Im really surprised you had that experience with yours.

I just had one this morning with no issues and it was great I might add.

IMG_3331_zps0021e525.jpg

kona1000 said:

This depresses me.  I have a box of these I haven't opened yet.