• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Today's Smoke 2016

Jason, I was so jealous when I saw what you were smoking, I had to calm myself down with one of these..

109_zps9cg0faxf.png

I'm finally trying a nub Cameroon. I've had it for a couple months. It is a torpedo and it is only ok to me. I've had to make a lot of touch ups also.

Tried another Las Mareas this morning. The flavors have married/improved a bit even after just a few weeks in the humidor. Tasty, fuller bodied than a lot of CH's I've tried, but I think Halfwheel really oversold the "Cubanesque" character. At least for my taste. A good example of Cubanesque flavor, for my palate, is the Warped Don Reynaldo....but they cost more than most of my favorite actual Cubans. And I still keep buying them.....

7 degrees today. I'm tapping out. Only indoor B&M's for me until Summer. I'm officially in hibernation...
I'm right there with you. I tried smoking my pipe in my closed garage last night and that was doable. Unlike with smokier cigars, there was no noticeable odor this morning so I may be doing more of that until things warm up again.

Tried another Las Mareas this morning. The flavors have married/improved a bit even after just a few weeks in the humidor. Tasty, fuller bodied than a lot of CH's I've tried, but I think Halfwheel really oversold the "Cubanesque" character. At least for my taste. A good example of Cubanesque flavor, for my palate, is the Warped Don Reynaldo....but they cost more than most of my favorite actual Cubans. And I still keep buying them.....

I tried them ROTT and thought they had great potential . I really enjoy the flavor profile but there was just too much going on at once. Glad to hear they are settling down. I was surprised as well by Half Wheels review. They are generally ball breakers and tell it like it is. I've seen lots of 70-80 scores given out by HW which I appreciate.

LFD La Nox after work...my 2nd LFD since way, way back when the El Jocko was the new big thing. Perfect draw and construction, plenty of smoke, burned like a champ. Flavorwise I liked it, but it didn't really start getting interesting or complex until the 2nd half. I'd try another one just because I smoke so few Dominicans and the flavors were a nice change of pace.

I could only take it for 2 days...broke into the H-Town lanceros. Perfect performance, may be just a little fuller bodied and spicier than a Holy Lance. Definitely more Original Document vs. Epernay. Nutty with some cocoa and what I think of as a chicory note building as it got past the halfway point. If you like Illusiones, I can't imagine this not working for you. Will let the other 14 rest and revisit.

Strange how the new "upload a file" feature puts a black border on the top and bottom of the photo... Could that possibly be a setting?

Strange how the new "upload a file" feature puts a black border on the top and bottom of the photo...

Well, when I use it, it posts it as a thumbnail. Then you click on it to bring it up. Strange it uploads yours as a full picture.