• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Today's Smoke 2016

Part dos:
Man O War Virtue.

Paired with a Bourbon County Stout.

Even of they don't pair well, I won't care after the beer kicks in. ;)
View media item 11716

Like Mr. Trout, a morning with a Padron 3000 means it's going to be a good day ( after attaching the freaking leaves again. Dang my neighbors late tree.
Why would you reattach the l aves to your neighbor's tree. That seems like a Sisyphean task.

My neighbors HUGE oak tree still is not done shedding, and all our trees are budding. Plus my gutter must be a leaf magnet.

I'm OLD, I don't need any more practice in leaf removal.

20160305_180946.jpg 20160305_213728.jpg

Ok. Here we go the first smoke post with a serious question: I'm smoking a "Private Label" natural maduro. I was told it was a Davidoff 2nd. It said it right on the bag I pulled them from (photo attached). My query is does Davidoff sell 2nds of did I just get in line to buy a bridge in Brooklyn from a Nigerian prince? I may do a review on it later (I do that from time to time).

I thought I read some where that Davidoff didn't sell seconds either. I could be thinking of a different company though.

And thus it begins...my plot to smoke the worst dreak the cigar world has to offer. And they said, I was MAD at the institute! Mad, I tell ya! It's a dog of a smoke...I even think it has fleas.

Well my Stars and Garders!: http://bluegrapes.typepad.com/cigaradvocate/2007/02/davidoff_second.html
http://www.coronacigar.com/cigar-brands/Private-Stock-by-Davidoff/

"Lately there has been a lot of noise about so-called "Davidoff Seconds". Two brands that are billed as "Davidoff Seconds" are Private Stock and "3x3 Davidoff Factory Made". For this review I sampled the Private Stock no.1 (7 3/4 X 48) and the 3x3 Davidoff Factory Made Churchill Tubo (6 3/4 x 48).

Before the reviews let's address the issue of Davidoff seconds. My understanding, based on conversations with several cigar retailers is that Davidoff does not produce, much less sell 'seconds'. The so-called seconds are in fact first run cigars that are made at one or more of the Dominican factories that produce the various Davidoffs and Avo cigars marketed by the Davidoff company. Private Stock is made using medium filler and the 3x3's are made with tobacco not used (for whatever reason) in the Davidoff or Avo brands."

Saison by Oliva, toro, Maduro, first harvest 2011, while it is not an Oliva V, it is a nice stick. $100/20 ain't bad either.

My neighbors HUGE oak tree still is not done shedding, and all our trees are budding. Plus my gutter must be a leaf magnet.

I'm OLD, I don't need any more practice in leaf removal.

I was noticing that as well as we have two large oaks in the front yard. Lots of leaves falling. The fuzzy seaweed looking crap will be next. Now that stuff will clog a gutter faster than cement.

UPDATE: Private Stock natural maduro

This was a harsh and bitter tasting smoke from start to finish and I put down the but eventually and didn't finish.20160305_213728.jpg

The one that started it all. C&C Rollback Toro maduro.20160305_181044.jpg