• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Today's Smoke 2016

I finally finished the days chores and felt like enjoying a bigger cigar. Tonight I grabbed a Caldwell Murcias Robusto from a box I bought six months ago. I put them down to rest at 69% because the components were mysterious. The only info was a San Andres wrapper.
This was one of three inexpensive blends they released. It was packaged in a crate-like box that I discarded. I transferred them into a Fuente 858 box as the crate was silly. This cigar has a looser draw than I like but decent construction. Not a bad cigar flavor wise but it did need some extra aging and still does. Notes of cocoa, citrus, and cinnamon. Fairly complex for a three dollar cigar. Gonna revisit in a few more months but I liked it. Just not quite ready to smoke yet. Edit to correct the damn autocorrect. :(

Last edited:
Which size did you smoke?

They actually call THAT one the "lonsdale" on the only site I found selling them, and the first one I smoked a "grand corona." My Father calls it the "Cervantes" and the first one I smoked an "Eminentes." They were both fantastic, and I'm going to have to have a few more of each to decide which one I prefer. :D

~Boar

I finally finished the days chores and felt like enjoying a bigger cigar. Tonight I grabbed a Caldwell Murcias Robusto from a box I bought six months ago. I put them down to rest at 69% because the components were mysterious. The only info was a San Andres wrapper.
This was one of three inexpensive blends they released. It was packaged in a crate-like box that I discarded. I transferred them into a Fuente 858 box as the crate was silly. This cigar has a looser draw than I like but decent construction. Not a bad cigar flavor wise but it did need some extra aging and still does. Notes of cocoa, citrus, and cinnamon. Fairly complex for a three dollar cigar. Gonna revisit in a few more months but I liked it. Just not quite ready to smoke yet. Edit to correct the damn autocorrect. :(
I swear I thought you were going to say that after you transferred them to an 8-5-8 box that they began tasting like one. Hahaa

I'm leaning toward the first one personally. They may call it an "Eminente" and Atlantic might call it a "grand corona," but I know a corona gorda when I smoke one. ;)

The lonsdale was superb, but a little narrow in the ring gauge department for my tastes. I preferred the draw on the first one.

~Boar