• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Today's Smoke 2020

An absolutely incredible WOAM I received from @jfields via Infinity, circa 2007. I love me some WOAM but this was on another level.

View attachment 31328
. What kind of wood is that? Looks like maybe a Macassar ebony? What brand is the cutter? It looks like the Xikar X-series, but doesn't have the typical Xikar construction details. Very nice looking, for sure, in any case. As for sharpening, have you tried hitting the blades with alcohol yet? If not, get some isopropyl wipes or even soak a cotton ball in isopropyl alcohol, then rub down the blade edges really well. You'd be surprised what kind of new life that gives a cutter when all the built up oils are removed. It's a once-a-month kit maintenance item!

Look what I found in the back of the humi! Original release from the jar a long time ago!

Nice night to go watch the looting and rioting going on down the street with a fine cigar. Shit's getting crazy here in Mpls and St Paul, I needed this.

View attachment 31337

Be safe there, my friend!

. What kind of wood is that? Looks like maybe a Macassar ebony? What brand is the cutter?
Here’s a link to the cutter. I’ll try the alcohol trick today. I feel that I never get a clean cut with a straight cutter which is why I spring for my Xikar deep V cutter 99% of the time. I’m thinking the rough cut comes from dull blades. Hopefully sharpening the blades improve my experience.

edit: I forgot to include the link.. lol

Look what I found in the back of the humi! Original release from the jar a long time ago!

Nice night to go watch the looting and rioting going on down the street with a fine cigar. Shit's getting crazy here in Mpls and St Paul, I needed this.

View attachment 31337
That is beautiful!!!

Here’s a link to the cutter. I’ll try the alcohol trick today. I feel that I never get a clean cut with a straight cutter which is why I spring for my Xikar deep V cutter 99% of the time. I’m thinking the rough cut comes from dull blades. Hopefully sharpening the blades improve my experience.

edit: I forgot to include the link.. lol

Have that same cutter but stopped using as I was not getting sharp cuts either. On mine I felt it was more of a construction vs sharpness. Cutter just felt weird and somewhat loose

Have that same cutter but stopped using as I was not getting sharp cuts either. On mine I felt it was more of a construction vs sharpness. Cutter just felt weird and somewhat loose
Yeah, I’ve cracked a few too many wrappers using it. Maybe I’ll invest in a nicer cutter so I can give my V cutter a rest.