• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Today's Smoke 2023

1998 Montecristo No 4
These are my go to cigars I’ve probably gone through 25 boxes since 1998. Although 98 was generally a crappy year every single box of these has been excellent in construction and flavor. I was able to buy a lot of these back in the day cheap. Long gone are those days but not the cigars.

View attachment 69102
How are these as they become vintage? I'm sitting on an unopened box from 19. Just curious? Glad you were able to stock up on em 👍

How are these as they become vintage? I'm sitting on an unopened box from 19. Just curious? Glad you were able to stock up on em 👍
i’ve been really pleased at how the 98’s have aged keeping their complexity and great flavor profile throughout the years. I suggest you try one out see how it smokes and just try one every year or a couple years to gauge what kind of aging potential it will have. I’m sure they’ll age well just how long is to be determined. When I was buying lots of cigars back in 2000-2003 myself and a couple buddies would order samplers of the different EL’s and try them out to see what we thought had the best aging potential. The trick is just keep buying more cigars than you can smoke and set the ones in the back of the humidor that you think will age the best. Pretty soon you’ll have more cigars than you know what to do with. It’s a fun addiction :)

i’ve been really pleased at how the 98’s have aged keeping their complexity and great flavor profile throughout the years. I suggest you try one out see how it smokes and just try one every year or a couple years to gauge what kind of aging potential it will have. I’m sure they’ll age well just how long is to be determined. When I was buying lots of cigars back in 2000-2003 myself and a couple buddies would order samplers of the different EL’s and try them out to see what we thought had the best aging potential. The trick is just keep buying more cigars than you can smoke and set the ones in the back of the humidor that you think will age the best. Pretty soon you’ll have more cigars than you know what to do with. It’s a fun addiction :)
I appreciate your reply and recommendations 👍
I did split another 2019 box with my buddy. I wasn't to impressed with that year, but hoping for better with this box 👍