• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Today's Smoke

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks to Vinnyvega a RP Missle Natural, what a great smoke, smooth and cleen. Nothing but a smooth even draw and a wonderful array of flavor, a perfect draw and pull from the start

Finishing up a Liga Privada No. 9. Great smoke... When these hit the spot, they do it realllll good. :thumbs:

Montecristo Edmundo from '06....

Damn good smoke, and my last! :( Gotta get my hands on some more of these. I so want the #2's to be better than these, but my experience so far has been exactly the opposite. Definitely one of, if not my favorite in the regular line.

Tonight I'm smoking a Punch Robusto RE 05. Man this thing is overwhelmingly sweet. Typical punch favors. Woody and leathery with a sugery sweet component. Almost too sweet for my liking. Still a great smoke.

Bob

Started off with a AF Hemingway Short Story, always a great buy, and capped it off with a new Cusano Habano LXI Sungrown, which I hadnt tried yet, not too bad. I had a problem keeping it lit at the end though

Flor de Oliva robusto in the afternoon and my first La Flor Dominicana, which I think was an LFD Ligero 300 oscuro gifted to me a few months ago by a fellow CPer. Very different smokes but both pleasurable -- though I did think they both were pretty one-dimensional. Luckily the flavor and construction were both great.

Had a 2005 CoRo tonight. Don't get me wrong, as this was a very smooth, lightly creamy smoke, but I just don't really get the Cohiba profile. I've had a couple from the Linea Classica and Siglo series, and was never impressed. There is never any harshness, even down to the nub, but I don't get all that much flavor, tobacco or otherwise. Could this be the issue of Cohibas tending to be 'off' and boring or 'on' and amazing? ??? :(

I smoked a fresh rolled cigar that I watched Rene' from Pepin roll last night. Don Pepin was there and the cigar was way beyond what I expected from a freshly rolled cigar. The flavor was awesome and it burned great. It was a really good time. That dude can roll a cigar, it was almost too pretty to smoke. :thumbs:

This morning I enjoyed an H. Upmann Vintage Cameroon Petite Corona.

Let's see... update from the past week:

August 18:
Gurkha Grand Age (didn't like that one too much)
Nub Habano (good but hard to cut with my Xikar)
Java 58 Super Toro (very chocolately flavoured but near impossible to cut)

August 19:

AF Gran Reserva Hemingway Classic (absolutely beautiful smoke and very creamy)
RP Olde Worlde Reserve Robusto (very tasty and well made)

August 21:
Estate Sel Vin 1991 Astocrat (very hard to stay lit)
Padron 1926 Series (perfection!!)
Nub connecticut (nice quick smoke)

Just finished an AF 8-5-8. Strangely, I think it's my favorite of all the AF stuff I've tried so far. Most of it I haven't been crazy about.

Today: HdM Petite Robusto, very very nice. Had a great little thing going on, after 2 inches I ashed and purged, then....Wham something new and tasty came out...I suck at reviews, but you get the idea....I liked it very much. Now, tell Castro to send me some more...

Tim

This morning I enjoyed an H. Upmann Vintage Cameroon Petite Corona.
Those are very good quick smokes, I really like them a lot

Tim

LFD Limitado III. Excellent, just like everyting made by Litto.

Mito de San Andres, from Mexico, Churchill, not bad not exceptional, wil not buy again.

Cheers Rene

With my bday just around the corner its time to lite up my best smokes. Started today off with a PSD4 from early 06. Later tonight I will probably lite up a Monte No2 from the same time period.

Status
Not open for further replies.