• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Today's Smoke

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday was my fist visit to Coney Island and shared some Davidoff Primeros, Cohiba, Georges Reserve, Natural Dirt and Perdomo Reserve Cabinet Series P with some friends. Made smoking those even more fun.

Sampling an 06 Monte 4. Nice, but definitely needs some time. Still a little harsh through the sinuses and the finish leaves a harsh note at the back of the throat. Both should clear up with some time and leave a earthy, floral smoke.

Yesterday was my fist visit to Coney Island and shared some Davidoff Primeros, Cohiba, Georges Reserve, Natural Dirt and Perdomo Reserve Cabinet Series P with some friends. Made smoking those even more fun.
I'll take a decent cigar in a great setting over a great cigar in a decent setting!

I was checking out some so-so cigars that were tucked away and hit a good one -

Sancho Panza Natural Torp. Likely had 2 years on it but on this beautiful DRY August day it was just the ticket!

I found another lost gem for later - Diablo Torp. These are not spicey like their little brothers. More traditional flavor.

LGC Md'Or No. 4 '02: one dimensional, but citrusy and tasty :cool:

This weekend I purchase 5 CAO MX2 Robusto's and the two that were smoked so far were great my kind of cigar rp

A siglo II from 06 that was good, but still could use alittle time.

Smoked my first Monte No.2 On Sunday night, and it was delicious. I was apprehensive about it just because I've read that they can be troublesome. This one was spot on. Amazing typical Montecristo flavor that I love, perfect burn, with a perfect draw. First and second third were pretty straight forward, clean Cuban tobacco. The last third was when this cigar turned into gold. Nothing but earthy, woody tobacco with a subtle sweetness that satisfied the palate.

Today, I just finished up a Romeo y Julieta Habana Reserve Corona. Honestly, this is by far one of the best tasting and consistent NC cigars I have had. It has a very similar flavor profile to Illusione, but a little lighter in body and flavor. First third starts off with a load of spice on palate, but settles into smooth earthy Honduran tobacco flavors during the last two thirds. I don't enjoy anything else that NC RyJ has to offer, but this one is in a league of it own when it come to this brand. I highly recommend this cigar to anyone who has not had one. Pure genius. :thumbs:

~Billy

After a lousy Monday and a much better Tuesday, a PAN Exclusivo and a very tall, very cold Tanqueray and Tonic made good sense.

Tasted fantastic, too...... :love:

Cheers, gents - B.B.S.

Tonight it was an Illusion 68 (tres petit?). Thanks Niko! You were right about this smoke... wonderful. :thumbs: Damn I love this brand!

Now I just gotta put some money aside for a box... :whistling:

mac

Last time I wrote here, I complained about my usual favorite smoke -- a DPG Black robusto -- being bitter and tasting like a donkey's behind (as if I knew what that tasted like).

Tonight, I gave another one a try and I'm back in love again. I nurtured this one for over an hour and a half with a glass of Old Overholt (one ice cube), the wind blustering through the trees in the backyard, did some writing on the computer in my lap, and simply forgot about all my troubles. I love stolen moments like this.

An Avo Maduro #2 while watching the fog flow from the coast into the Redwoods and sitting on the deck of my neighbor's house. He was smoking a Macanudo Maduro. They are both mild smokes, but I thought the Avo had some nice flavors and the smell of rich tobacco.

avo_maduro.jpg

OpusX #4 last night, wicked awesome.

CAO Mx2 right now and i'm thinking of a Gurkha Black Dragon a little later.

Had my first La Riqueza (No. 2 Belicoso) courtesy of a generous BOTL. I definitely see the comparison to Padron that everyone has made, but it had a few subtle differences and spices mixed in. A very good cigar. :thumbs:

Smoked a LFG Double Ligero Lancero given to me by a very generous BOTL just a moment ago.

The familiar kick and curbstomp power of the DL was in it in full force but the Lancero made me truly realize what great flavor the wrapper truly has.

9/10, one of the best all around cigars and by far the 2nd most powerful I've had(the Chisel has kicked me around a bit more)

LFD DL Chisel last night. These are very tasty and one of my favorite shaped cigars.

Went to the CRA event last night and had a great evening with great company and amazing cigar(s). Met up with Simmsboard and Sinnyc from CP as well as a good size crew from CF. Had a fantastic dinner at the 5-star restaurant hosting the event beforehand.

And for the evening: Had a '98 Fonseca Cosacos as an appetizer while driving into Mpls., then as a main course at the event a Maduro BBMF. Finished the evening off with a Bolivar Gold Label from early '07.

As always the Fonseca was a great little smoke, I really dig those things and think it's one of the best mild-medium smokes out there, especially for the money.

And as for the Maduro BBMF, well let's just say it lived up to it's name and reputation. That is one hell of a strong fricken cigar. But very tasty. I met Carlito at the event last night, and he took one look at my cigar and said two things, "Where did you get that?" and "Holy shit that's a heck of a cigar".

I should have listened to everyone else who says the same thing about the Gold Medal, they're not ready to be smoking yet. It wasn't bad by any means, but not what I expected.

I am smoking an Avo 787 Perfecto gifted to me by one generous BOTL.
I have never had any of the Avo line up. I have to say I love everything about this smoke, the wrapper is gorgeous, smoke taste great. The smell coming from the cigar is incredible, hell even the label is really nice.
This is one fine smoke. Tastes of light chocolate and very earthy. The smoke is very smooth and silky almost.. I am going to have to get my hands on a box of these REAL fast.
Also one side note this cigar pairs wonderfully with a glass (or 2) of Blanton's. What an awesome smoking experience. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.