• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Today's Smoke

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a 5 Vegas Classic, today. The wrapper seemed a little darker than Connecticut.

This was a new smoke for me, and I probably won't try another. It wasn't a bad cigar, necessarily, but I didn't completely enjoy it, either.

I cut it poorly, at first. It wouldn't draw at all. So, I cut it again, and suddenly the draw was a bit much. What I noticed was a very spicy beginning--about the first 1/4. Then the taste became more woody. The spiciness came back at the end, mixed with the woody flavor.

The scent was what I would describe as old wood shop meets old leather shop.

The wrapper was pretty brittle. However, even smoking outside with a breeze, it burned quite evenly.

I am not a big fan of lighter cigars, and this was okay, but not one that I liked.

short day at work today, so I got home before dark - snagged me a nice Hoyo de Monterrey and headed out to the new smoke shed with a few Apricot Wheat Ale. luckily, I managed to finish off not too long after dark as the temp started dropping even with the heater going...

I just finished an Oliva Maduro, my first. I enjoyed it, but for me, not as good as I expected it to be.

Ken

Have a few flavored CAOs left around, trying to get through them to make room for real cigars :whistling:

Had a CAO Bella Vanilla (SHAME SHAME!), it wasn't near as good as I remember, now that I've smoked a lot of real cigars =)

Went out to my mom's for lunch and to pick up the turkey roaster for Thanksgiving, which will be the first family holiday gathering at my new house . . . smoked an Illusione 88 out there, with a cup of coffee.

Gave my nephew a ride home, and hung out with him for awhile to catch up over some Sam Adams Boston Lager. Smoked a San Cristobal Clasico.

Now I'm home, and about to fire up a Fuente King B with a glass of Woodford Reserve bourbon on the side. Ain't weekends grand? :D

~Boar

Just smoked me a Monte #2 with some Hennessy Privilege. Yes, weekends are grand

Yesterday a fantastic Quai d'Orsay followed by an okay Casa Magna and a Anejo 46.
Today a Rass that started great and died in the last half and then a mediocre Cuvee Rouge.

-Rob

D4 from 05- up there in fabulousity :thumbs: :) and then as follow-up a fresh trini reyes--when does this ever disappoint! :love:

Padilla Miami Robusto from before the "split". Damn tasty!!

I wonder what the new ones are like?

Smoked another stunning cigar from Padron, a 1964 Torpedo Maduro. Thanks jnknzz!

Gran Habano 3 Siglos. Nice rich and smooth smoke, a year of age has really enhanced the flavors.

I received my 5'er of My Father #2's this morning. I lit one up while raking leaves this afternoon. I was expecting some overpowering pepper but was pleasantly surprised. It started out with some mild to medium pepper and by the halfway point it mellowed in to a very smooth smoke. :thumbs:

Started the morning with a RASS Robusto, one of my all-time go to sticks. I have in mind for today a Pinar 3000 Robusto and a Gurkha Shaggy.

Smoked a Macanudo Maduro I received in a sampler.

Very mild smoke even for me!

Draw was a bit tight, but it burned really nice and held a big ash.

macanudo.jpg

I'm starting Thanksgiving early; cause I got lots to be thankful for. A recession proof job, a wife with an ass big enough for two men, and it's all mine, kids and grandkids commin' for the holiday and a 24lb turkey sitting in my fridge waiting to be stuffed. So, I'm having a My Father Lancero and a large snifter of Grand Mariner. Life is good.

Doc.

I'm starting Thanksgiving early; cause I got lots to be thankful for..... a wife with an ass big enough for two men, and it's all mine, ...Life is good.

Doc.

Doc you are my idol. This is the quote of the week MONTH. Enjoy your holiday, your family and certainly that wife of yours!! It good being King isn't it??

Enjoying my first every Oliva Lancero.

Status
Not open for further replies.