• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Unhappy Thread

My brother-in-law unexpectedly died Wednesday afternoon. He was 35. He leaves behind my sister, 34, my nieces, 12 and 14, and my nephew, 5.

They believe it was probably a pulmonary embolism as a result of blood clots from a recent surgery. We'll know for sure soon.

Been very hard seeing my kid sister and the kids in such pain.. I've never felt so helpless.
Condolences brother

There are a lot of pages on Reddit that have “blacked out” today for some reason that I don’t fully understand. Can anyone explain what is going on with Reddit today?

There are a lot of pages on Reddit that have “blacked out” today for some reason that I don’t fully understand. Can anyone explain what is going on with Reddit today?
Jon... I think it's a Sub Reddit protest/boycott. Not sure why... but i read some grumblings about it.

Reddit has decided effective July 1 they're going to be charging third party apps for API access. According to the developers of some of the more popular apps, the charges reddit is proposing are astronomical, and will shut all the apps down.

Even beyond regular users using these third party apps for general access, there are third party apps that provide access to the blind that are now in danger of bring shut down. Most mods of the larger subs also use third party apps for mod tools. Reddit has promised better moderating tools forever, and never comes through. More moderating tools are again promised. With a July 1 cutoff for third party free access, no one thinks these tools will actually become available.

To protest against these charges, a lot of subs have decided to shut down through Wednesday, I think.

Here's a more formal write up on "why" :

Reddit has decided effective July 1 they're going to be charging third party apps for API access. According to the developers of some of the more popular apps, the charges reddit is proposing are astronomical, and will shut all the apps down.

Even beyond regular users using these third party apps for general access, there are third party apps that provide access to the blind that are now in danger of bring shut down. Most mods of the larger subs also use third party apps for mod tools. Reddit has promised better moderating tools forever, and never comes through. More moderating tools are again promised. With a July 1 cutoff for third party free access, no one thinks these tools will actually become available.

To protest against these charges, a lot of subs have decided to shut down through Wednesday, I think.

Here's a more formal write up on "why" :

So the Mods use 3rd party apps to help moderate the subreddit and up until now those apps have been free but July 1st, they will start costing money? Is that right?

So the Mods use 3rd party apps to help moderate the subreddit and up until now those apps have been free but July 1st, they will start costing money? Is that right?
Reddit has said starting July 1 they're going to be charging the apps. The apps have said they're not paying the fees reddit is charging and will shut down.

My brother-in-law unexpectedly died Wednesday afternoon. He was 35. He leaves behind my sister, 34, my nieces, 12 and 14, and my nephew, 5.

They believe it was probably a pulmonary embolism as a result of blood clots from a recent surgery. We'll know for sure soon.

Been very hard seeing my kid sister and the kids in such pain.. I've never felt so helpless.
Dan, so sorry for your loss. Love and hugs to you and your family!

After 18 years I'm parting with my old truck for good (sort of). I bought it new in 2005, and it has literally been all around the world with me. Twice. Both of my kids grew up with that truck -- one is predated by it, and the other one doesn't remember me with any other vehicles. I'm not ashamed to say that I have a sentimental attachment to this vehicle. It's pretty much a part of the family at this point. Which brings us to the good part; it is shipping tomorrow back to Hawaii for my daughter. I always told her this thing was going to be her first vehicle -- well, I was off by a few cars, but she eventually wanted it, anyway. Hopefully she takes as good of care of it as she says she will. It was really weird pulling back in the gate and not seeing it there on the side of the house...

IMG_3464.jpeg

IMG_3388.jpeg

I know the feeling, Nick, and am glad to hear that it's staying in the family. 😊

My sentimental truck is a 1998 with almost 200,000 miles ... only a matter of time before it has to go somewhere. Maybe a grandkid!

After 18 years I'm parting with my old truck for good (sort of). I bought it new in 2005, and it has literally been all around the world with me. Twice. Both of my kids grew up with that truck -- one is predated by it, and the other one doesn't remember me with any other vehicles. I'm not ashamed to say that I have a sentimental attachment to this vehicle. It's pretty much a part of the family at this point. Which brings us to the good part; it is shipping tomorrow back to Hawaii for my daughter. I always told her this thing was going to be her first vehicle -- well, I was off by a few cars, but she eventually wanted it, anyway. Hopefully she takes as good of care of it as she says she will. It was really weird pulling back in the gate and not seeing it there on the side of the house...

View attachment 69356

View attachment 69357
I see truck nuts and underglow coming soon for it!

Absolutely crazy day in the Blood Bank! Car wrecks, stabbings, GI bleeds, etc. I don't mind a steady pace but today was nuts. Can't wait to get home and have a cigar! 🤯

View attachment 69356

View attachment 69357
Sweet lookin truck!

Do your kids realize they may have been concieved in it?

View attachment 69356

View attachment 69357
My beloved Fi-Fi, 1979 F-150, when I bought her in 1992.
Arizona.jpg

And after 28 years in Ohio
20201221_145001.jpg

View attachment 69356

View attachment 69357
Nice ride! I’m sure it will be around for many more years. New stuff nowadays is pretty cool, but also pretty disposable. Which is unfortunate because they cost 3 times as much!