• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Unhappy Thread

Just got word that the sewer line in my rental house is shot. I knew it was coming because it's made of Orangeburg that's over 50 years old. Tomorrow I'll get a quote for replacement and pray it's not horrible. 💲💲💲

Just got word that the sewer line in my rental house is shot. I knew it was coming because it's made of Orangeburg that's over 50 years old. Tomorrow I'll get a quote for replacement and pray it's not horrible. 💲💲💲

Definitely a thing to consider when buying rental units. Orangeburg starts "crapping" out at about 30 years.. at 50+ years old, it was an inevitable replacement. Been there, done that. Although, it probably fares better in your neck of the woods.

Our WI winters, and hot/humid summers, wreaks havoc on all that stuff. Probably only thing worse is really salty coastal areas. I'm curious what your quotes will be (get 3!).

Went on a gold mine tour in keystone today. Well I shouldn’t say “went” more like attempted.

Never been claustrophobic but I didn’t make it past the first part. Once the guide started saying everyone get in closer and then I looked and everyone “was” closer, I couldn’t deal.

Sucks because it was interesting too. Wife has to solo this one.

Oh ya and my daughter broke her ankle on Sunday while I’m 1200 miles away or whatever it is…so there is that too. Ah well, that’s life I guess.

On the flip side found a cool cigar bar in deadwood last night.

Went on a gold mine tour in keystone today. Well I shouldn’t say “went” more like attempted.

Never been claustrophobic but I didn’t make it past the first part. Once the guide started saying everyone get in closer and then I looked and everyone “was” closer, I couldn’t deal.

Oh ya and my daughter broke her ankle on Sunday while I’m 1200 miles away or whatever it is…so there is that too. Ah well, that’s life I guess.

I’m guessing that you found no gold either, huh?
Sorry to hear about the claustrophobia and the broken kid.

I’m guessing that you found no gold either, huh?
Sorry to hear about the claustrophobia and the broken kid.
Ah we found 2 pieces of gold haha. The pans already have 5 pieces in them, but you have to find them.

It was a weird thing for me, wife says it was a panic attack but I don’t get those, or never have before.

Kid should be ok, it’s an “avulsion” thing? She sees the doc tomorrow, my brother is taking her there in my steed. Is that something they say anymore? Lol

Sorry for the difficulties! I hope the kiddo is okay!

Your "gold mine" attempt brought back memories! When I was stationed in Denver in 1975, my cousin was living in Golden and she had married an archeologist or something like that ..... he knew a lot about mining.

He took us to a couple of old abandoned gold mines and we dug through the spoil piles and found a few bits of gold. I guess they were looking for big chunks when the mine was in operation and they would throw, what was then, insignificant amounts of gold out with the other spoils. It was a great day, some serious hill climbing, but worth it!

Have about 25 cicada killers come check you out every summer..then let me know how you feel about that lol.

Had one try to land on my leg last week.
Good thing I know what they are and that it seems they are docile towards everything but cicadas.

There is a guy who makes handmade pipes in the city of deadwood also. Could be the cigar shop you found. That sucks you had to pass, I felt the same way about 1 minute into being in the St Louis arch... But I couldn't punt at that point.

There is a guy who makes handmade pipes in the city of deadwood also. Could be the cigar shop you found. That sucks you had to pass, I felt the same way about 1 minute into being in the St Louis arch... But I couldn't punt at that point.
I’ll look around for that if we go back today. This place was more of a “modern” cigar shop, I think very much catering to the sturgis crowd that comes through. But the place was nice and clean, decent selection, and the bartender was enjoyable to talk to.

I’ll look around for that if we go back today. This place was more of a “modern” cigar shop, I think very much catering to the sturgis crowd that comes through. But the place was nice and clean, decent selection, and the bartender was enjoyable to talk to.
Just looked for the place and it is now the deadwood tobacco company. When I was there, DE didn't have a deadwood line of cigars. It was in the basement. Looks like it's totally different now :(

O
My wife has sucked recently with communication lately. Specifically with what the kids are getting invited to. I run their day so it sucks getting poor briefings.
I've got a Google calendar that I share with my wife. Everything goes in the calendar. Makes figuring out who needs to be where when a little easier.