• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Unhappy Thread

FedEx has been driving around the last two days with my packages onboard(at least according to their site.) I put a sign at the road that say, "FedEx, I need my packages. Call me if you're worried about my lane". Nope, no call all day. Mind you, the site says "Out for delivery" since 7am.

At approx 5pm, they update the tracking to read, "No expected delivery date at this time." WTF?? So I put a call in to the 800 number and they tell me I can't put a "hold at the office for pickup" on it because the sender won't allow it. "Ali" tells Michelle that they'll prolly be here later tonight(it was 8pm) or first thing in the morning. Yea, right.

"Brown" has driven down our roads. Cars have driven down our roads. A neighbor who drives for FedEx, and brings her f*^$ing truck home with her, has driven down our road. I see a visit to the FedEx hub in the morning. I'm not certain it's gonna go very well.

A banjo for Michelle and a personalized puzzle for a neighbor is what's on the truck. Nothing critical, but I paid for the stuff and want it!

Floyd T

Went to HD this evening and picked up a steel bolt in my right front tire. Didn’t even make it out of the parking lot. 😡 Had to pull to the end of the lot and change the tire on-site. PIA I will have to head to the tire shop to get a patch.

I forgot to mention that the spare only had about 25 psi in it, so I limped to the gas station to put air in it and of course the air pump didn’t work, so I just limped back home to air up… There is never a good time for a flat!

Went to HD this evening and picked up a steel bolt in my right front tire. Didn’t even make it out of the parking lot. 😡 Had to pull to the end of the lot and change the tire on-site. PIA I will have to head to the tire shop to get a patch.

I forgot to mention that the spare only had about 25 psi in it, so I limped to the gas station to put air in it and of course the air pump didn’t work, so I just limped back home to air up… There is never a good time for a flat!
Neat little life tip, nearly every diesel truck stop has free high pressure air at the big truck pumps. No need to pay for air and it's at the pump.

FedEx has been driving around the last two days with my packages onboard(at least according to their site.) I put a sign at the road that say, "FedEx, I need my packages. Call me if you're worried about my lane". Nope, no call all day. Mind you, the site says "Out for delivery" since 7am.

At approx 5pm, they update the tracking to read, "No expected delivery date at this time." WTF?? So I put a call in to the 800 number and they tell me I can't put a "hold at the office for pickup" on it because the sender won't allow it. "Ali" tells Michelle that they'll prolly be here later tonight(it was 8pm) or first thing in the morning. Yea, right.

"Brown" has driven down our roads. Cars have driven down our roads. A neighbor who drives for FedEx, and brings her f*^$ing truck home with her, has driven down our road. I see a visit to the FedEx hub in the morning. I'm not certain it's gonna go very well.

A banjo for Michelle and a personalized puzzle for a neighbor is what's on the truck. Nothing critical, but I paid for the stuff and want it!

Floyd T
Dang Floyd!

Kick some ass!

And dispute the Fedex charges with your credit card.

And kick some ass!

Update : After being told by both "Henry" and "Ali" that I couldn't have the package held for pickup, I look up tracking this morning and one package(banjo) is "At the FedEx facility" and the other is "out for delivery"! Apparently they violate their own rules and do as they feel.

I'm headed down there now. We'll see how this discussion goes. Life should be very simple, but as soon as you give someone a reason NOT to have to do their job, they take it.

On a side note : I have the direct line to the UPS facility that handles my incoming packages. I called them this morning and told them to hold three for me(apparently only two made it this morning). The friendly young lady said come on in, before 9am, and we'll get em out to ya. AWESOME! To be continued.....

Floyd T

I went to the grocery store and there were 3 parking spots available because 2/3 of them are under ten feet of snow. They were all next to each other and one was regular and two were handicapped. As I am about to pull into the regular spot a lady pulls up and she has a handicapped placard on her mirror. I wave her up and the bitch takes the only regular spot!

Final excerpt, I swear. Went to Fed Ex and the gal say, "...oh no, it's not out for delivery. It just says that in the computer. He hasn't run your route for three days and prolly won't be there until Thursday or Friday!" Her excuse was weather throughout the region, mass packages to process and of course, driver shortages.

So I say, I don't have a driver shortage, he just isn't running his route! No sense in arguing, really. I did get Michelle's banjo, so at least she's happy now. The gift for the neighbor will have to wait until God knows when. Amazing. **rant off**

Floyd T

Final excerpt, I swear. Went to Fed Ex and the gal say, "...oh no, it's not out for delivery. It just says that in the computer. He hasn't run your route for three days and prolly won't be there until Thursday or Friday!" Her excuse was weather throughout the region, mass packages to process and of course, driver shortages.

So I say, I don't have a driver shortage, he just isn't running his route! No sense in arguing, really. I did get Michelle's banjo, so at least she's happy now. The gift for the neighbor will have to wait until God knows when. Amazing. **rant off**

Floyd T
That stinks, if it isn't out for delivery why can't you get it..... Or Since you are off today, maybe you can drive his route today for him and make some extra cigar money??

She said she couldn't find the other package due to the "100's" that were back there. If they locate it, they'll call me. Super.

Floyd T

She said she couldn't find the other package due to the "100's" that were back there. If they locate it, they'll call me. Super.

Floyd T
I know this sucks but just be glad it was shipped something other than USPS. If FedEx and UPS are such a mess I do t even want to know what’s going on in the USPS warehouse

Exactly, Dan. And she was honest, which is good. I told her I wouldn't be bent out of shape if the flippin website didn't say out for delivery.

On a positive note, I got my UPS driver's cell number, and can call him direct if I have a need to get a package earlier than normal. Great folks down at the UPS building. Gonna hafta buy em lunch one of these days.

Floyd T

Floyd T

"Shortages" are now the defacto go to excuse for bad customer service. I know there are legitimate shortages of products and personnel, but it gets old hearing it for every issue.

"Shortages" are now the defacto go to excuse for bad customer service. I know there are legitimate shortages of products and personnel, but it gets old hearing it for every issue.
It's the normalization of our society. In the past the lazy, no good for nothing, POS was considered abnormal. Now they can feel better about themselves, because that has become the new normal.

I had a plasma globe shipped UPS from Canada for a Christmas present. Took a while to clear customs and such and by the time it got going, a week or so had passed and Christmas was coming up. Plus I wouldn't be home Christams Eve. Anyway, the UPS tracking link they sent had the friggen GPS coordinates of the truck displayed. So I watch it go by my neighborhood and out onto the highway towards another little town. Then here it comes back. Meanders through the streets near me, finally gets to my street and it's a lady in her personal Jeep.

Around here I have way more issues with Fedex than UPS or USPS. Used to be different, the Fedex driver knew where I lived and worked so if I had a package during the day, he'd just bring it to work. Then they got a bunch of contract drivers and I lost that connection. With UPS, there's a hub just a couple of blocks from work. I drop stuff off there enough that they know me, if there's ever an issue I can go up there in the evening with the tracking and they can dig it up or figure out what happened.

Fedex dropped off a box of #4 THHN wire, tracking said delivered. It wasn't. Calling did no good, they said it was delivered :rolleyes:. After about a day I thought I'd check some stuff, same house number a street either side, nope. So I went across town to the same house number but N instead of S. Bingo. There was my box on the porch of an unoccupied duplex. Tweaker's delight, copper wire, just sitting there.