• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Unhappy Thread

(Not my guitar)

My wife is expecting a package delivered yesterday. DHL has it marked as "delivered". The doorbell cam shows differently. Called DHL to inquire about this, and they said to contact the sender. My wife told them that it seems like a DHL issue if they are saying they delivered it, but it is not here, and we have video evidence that they never stepped foot in our driveway. They said, "contact the seller". :mad:

I'm thinking of calling them back and telling them I am going to file a police report for stolen mail, pointing the finger at the DHL driver. They need to prove when and where it was delivered, because I have timestamped video that says otherwise.
I have had stuff from UPS say delivered and then it shows up the day after so hopefully that will happen? But yeah I think the seller needs to make a claim

That's the one option I always check if I switch auto insurance.. roadside assistance. I think I pay $6 for it on each 6mo renewal and it covers 3 instances each term. You may want to double check your policy and see if you have it. They'll probably reimburse you.
Yeah AAA gave me the first 7 miles free but I bumped it to the 100 mile plan for the future. I’ll see if I have it on my insurance too that’s a good idea.
Is that the old, "tap on the starter with a screwdriver", issue?
Might be the starter solenoid (been long time since I worked on cars - no idea if the solenoid is integrated with the starter motor these days).
Its a brand new starter and I tried the tap on solenoid trick and nothing. Replaced the starter and the battery couple months ago so I’m not sure what the issue can be. My father in law said my car has issues with the starter button so I have one already to replace it but it’s been so hot and I haven’t done it yet. Gunna start there since that was pretty cheap it’s just going to be a lot of work. If that doesn’t work it has to be a faulty starter or the electrical cables or something. Battery is fine and alternator is fine

Yeah AAA gave me the first 7 miles free but I bumped it to the 100 mile plan for the future. I’ll see if I have it on my insurance too that’s a good idea.

Its a brand new starter and I tried the tap on solenoid trick and nothing. Replaced the starter and the battery couple months ago so I’m not sure what the issue can be. My father in law said my car has issues with the starter button so I have one already to replace it but it’s been so hot and I haven’t done it yet. Gunna start there since that was pretty cheap it’s just going to be a lot of work. If that doesn’t work it has to be a faulty starter or the electrical cables or something. Battery is fine and alternator is fine
Battery terminals clean? Check the ground to the frame. Bad terminal on one of the starter wires?

It's not a third gen Camaro, is it? Man, those things absolutely ate starters.

It's not a third gen Camaro, is it? Man, those things absolutely ate starters.
Lol no
Battery terminals clean? Check the ground to the frame. Bad terminal on one of the starter wires?
all the wiring looks clean and no corrosion. It worked great for like a month when I put in the new starter and then started acting up again. This is the first time it wouldn’t turn over at all. And these new cars have the damn push button start so you can’t keep the ignition turned and smack on it like you use to be able to

So I got it all workin again. It was the starter. Is there something that could be causing my starter to be shorting out?
Are you getting really brand new starters or remanufactured?

Just for kicks did you replace the relay for the starter?

Do you still have the starter you just replaced? Did you bench test it?

I know you said battery is fairly new , however did you test it?

If you bench tested the "bad" starter and it tested ok , I would venture to say its something in the starting circuit.

Check the main cables that run to the battery again , I know you said you checked them but I would check them again, look for nicks, loose connections ect.

Are you getting really brand new starters or remanufactured?

Just for kicks did you replace the relay for the starter?

Do you still have the starter you just replaced? Did you bench test it?

I know you said battery is fairly new , however did you test it?

If you bench tested the "bad" starter and it tested ok , I would venture to say its something in the starting circuit.

Check the main cables that run to the battery again , I know you said you checked them but I would check them again, look for nicks, loose connections ect.
Didn’t do any of that. Just put in the new starter. I don’t work on cars often I just have enough knowledge to do some work on them and a starter is simple. No testing equipment. But the batter started up the new starter just fine with no problems. And before it completely went out I would press the button and it would just click and the rest of the car would turn on. Would press it a couple more times and it would finally start up. I’ll check the cables again for sure but didn’t even think about trying to bench test the starter. I’m like 95% confident it was just a crap starter. It was new from Rock auto but some off brand random company. The one I put in now was a brand new Duralast so hopefully this is the end of it.

A word to the wise. Don't buy Campbell's Fiesta Nacho Cheese.

I was in the store and I already had Rotel in the buggie, I was looking for soup and I mistakenly picked up a can of this "stuff". I figured what the hell ..... it can't ruin Rotel!

Wrong!

This orangish-yellow gelatinous slimey gob of shit would ruin a 55 gallon drum of Rotel!

1663097336880.png

A word to the wise. Don't buy Campbell's Fiesta Nacho Cheese.

I was in the store and I already had Rotel in the buggie, I was looking for soup and I mistakenly picked up a can of this "stuff". I figured what the hell ..... it can't ruin Rotel!

Wrong!

This orangish-yellow gelatinous slimey gob of shit would ruin a 55 gallon drum of Rotel!

View attachment 60528
Why the hell did you buy that stuff?

Wife called and the A/C is out at home.... its freaking 3 years old.... I am 99% sure its a capacitor but she works from home and I can't get one until Friday online... So now I have to call someone.
Do you hear a solid humm when you try to start it?