• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Unhappy Thread

Might have already posted this but...

Something got all our ducks and chickens this winter, and we decided not to replace them. Big mistake, the grasshoppers have destroyed everything in the yard. 🤬
Michelle keeps saying we should get out of the bird business. Now I have an example for why not. They do control insects, etc. sorry ya lost all of yours.

Floyd T

My dad died in 2012 so it's been awhile and as many of you know, life goes on. I found out a few minutes ago that one of his best friends died. He was a good man and whenever I saw him I felt a little connection with my dad. So fuck

My dad died in 2012 so it's been awhile and as many of you know, life goes on. I found out a few minutes ago that one of his best friends died. He was a good man and whenever I saw him I felt a little connection with my dad. So fuck
Sorry to hear this Joe

Sorry to hear, Joe. Use this trip to reflect on lives well-lived and what they both meant to you.

Sad news my friend, I hope you find peace in time.

Sorry for a sad reminder.

Sorry to hear Joe! As we get older these things happen all too frequently. Enjoy the memories!

So I go to grab a bank card I rarely use out of my wallet , its not there. Check wallet 10 more times , tear the house apart 2 or 3 times. Nope can't find it.

So I call the bank to report lost, they are like its a 10$ replacement fee, I have never heard of this before. The main bank I use I can walk in get a new card in minutes, but nope wait 5-7 days.

Not a huge deal but what gripes my goat is they charge for a replacement? Is this something new?

They make buses w/o ac? Must be of the Canadian variety.
It's supposed to have AC, just doesn't work.
I'm just jealous that y'all travel on coaches. When I was in high school, we either roasted or froze on big yellow school buses. When I played JV football, most of the time we didn't even have locker rooms at the other school; we wore our uniforms on the bus, and put on our shoulders and helmets on the sidelines. It was always fun riding back later in the season when it was cold and rainy/snowy during the games...

I've gone over to the dark side.
No one will hire a 72 year old structural engineer.
I've been to interviews and smoked them.
Unfortunately, I knew more than the people interviewing me.
No one wants to take a chance on a dead man walking.
Cigar lounges are not hiring unless you do double duty as a bartender.
I don't drink. Never have.
So here it is...I applied to a Midwest food store chain...for a greeter position. (Hanging head in shame).
I will kill myself if they hire me.
But on the upside, I can finally identify myself as the woman I've always wanted to be.
a.jpg

I've gone over to the dark side.
No one will hire a 72 year old structural engineer.
I've been to interviews and smoked them.
Unfortunately, I knew more than the people interviewing me.
No one wants to take a chance on a dead man walking.
Cigar lounges are not hiring unless you do double duty as a bartender.
I don't drink. Never have.
So here it is...I applied to a Midwest food store chain...for a greeter position. (Hanging head in shame).
I will kill myself if they hire me.
But on the upside, I can finally identify myself as the woman I've always wanted to be.
View attachment 60350

Work's work. No shame in any of it. I remember reading an article a while back about seniors who work as greeters at Walmart. It helped their overall cognitive abilities improve along with a lot of other health benefits. Lower BP, increased mobility, reduced joint inflammation, better stamina, etc.

Sounds like you have everything to gain from your new position. Congrats on it! 👍