• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Unhappy Thread

So by virtue of the fact that I am the only adult in my clinical group, I have become defacto “the Team Mom”. Lot of anxious kids looking at the latest test scores and wondering what all they should do. And here I am talking them off the ledge. One wanted to go over her test with the Dean to see if the Dean could help her adjust her study plans.

No, child. The Dean is not going to help you revise your study plans. Why don’t you show at our next clinical, how you are studying and we can give you pointers and suggestions.

So by virtue of the fact that I am the only adult in my clinical group, I have become defacto “the Team Mom”. Lot of anxious kids looking at the latest test scores and wondering what all they should do. And here I am talking them off the ledge. One wanted to go over her test with the Dean to see if the Dean could help her adjust her study plans.

No, child. The Dean is not going to help you revise your study plans. Why don’t you show at our next clinical, how you are studying and we can give you pointers and suggestions.
Yup. Been there as the ranking adult (read: only adult besides the instructor) in 13th grade. The only good part about it was that I was the only male in the class. The rest of the bad was that I was the only male amongst a lot of whiny teenage girls who didn't take anything seriously.

Yup. Been there as the ranking adult (read: only adult besides the instructor) in 13th grade. The only good part about it was that I was the only male in the class. The rest of the bad was that I was the only male amongst a lot of whiny teenage girls who didn't take anything seriously.
Yup. Same boat here. Mostly.

When did we turn into those old people who sit in the front row, during college classes?

I’m not really one to bitch about shit but it has been a rough couple of weeks and I want to take this opportunity to get some shit off my chest. The last few weeks have gone fast. Wife has had a lot of big travel. The kids have had a lot of interruptions to their daily routine and I’ve had a crap ton of clinicals, work and exams with two exam cycles inside of 3 weeks. I’ve had to do a lot of figuring out who is getting the kids onto the bus in the AM and off in the PM. Making sure the dog is getting exercised and let out midday to pee. Keeping the house in order and making time to address a few house related maintenance items. Just when I think the light at the end of the tunnel is upon Us, my wife comes home from another business trip and she comes down with Covid and everything we had figure out for this weekend and the self care I had set up for her (massage and a day date with me) has to get rearranged and I’m back to solo parenting again as she is in quarantine for the next few days. The boys are distraught with mom now being sick (she’ll be okay but just needs a few days to get through the crud) and I’m back to figuring out a bunch of stuff Solo that otherwise would be split between her and I. Plus the mental exhaustion of exams. Lack of working out, drinking more then I should, it adds up. I now need some self care.
I’d like to thank CP and the VHerfs for keeping me saine these last few weeks. It has been that breather that we all turn to cigars for. The commeratery and the fellowship that that brings us here in the first place. Thanks for letting me rant.

I’m not really one to bitch about shit but it has been a rough couple of weeks and I want to take this opportunity to get some shit off my chest. The last few weeks have gone fast. Wife has had a lot of big travel. The kids have had a lot of interruptions to their daily routine and I’ve had a crap ton of clinicals, work and exams with two exam cycles inside of 3 weeks. I’ve had to do a lot of figuring out who is getting the kids onto the bus in the AM and off in the PM. Making sure the dog is getting exercised and let out midday to pee. Keeping the house in order and making time to address a few house related maintenance items. Just when I think the light at the end of the tunnel is upon Us, my wife comes home from another business trip and she comes down with Covid and everything we had figure out for this weekend and the self care I had set up for her (massage and a day date with me) has to get rearranged and I’m back to solo parenting again as she is in quarantine for the next few days. The boys are distraught with mom now being sick (she’ll be okay but just needs a few days to get through the crud) and I’m back to figuring out a bunch of stuff Solo that otherwise would be split between her and I. Plus the mental exhaustion of exams. Lack of working out, drinking more then I should, it adds up. I now need some self care.
I’d like to thank CP and the VHerfs for keeping me saine these last few weeks. It has been that breather that we all turn to cigars for. The commeratery and the fellowship that that brings us here in the first place. Thanks for letting me rant.
Hang in there, my friend. Tomorrow will come, and today will be over. Also, cut down on the drinking if you know you are drinking too much. There -- that is one problem solved. Which, I would bet, would help snowball into other problems solved, too. ;).

Hang in brother!

You are a good man and will get your deserved break!

redbubble_jocko-willink-good-redbubble_1608129052.large.png
You got this buddy!