• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Unhappy Thread

Oh, ice storms, how I loathe thee...

Sure, they make for postcard-pretty scenery, and there's something soothing about hearing the constant cracking of limbs, branches, and trees outside in the crisp air, but that's about it. Back in the early 2000s when I lived in Arkansas, every ice storm the Arkansas State Police (and I'm sure many locals, as well) would literally clear out the Remington factory there of buckshot and birdshot -- pretty much anything that scattered. Cops would go around blasting into trees to try and clear the ice off the branches before they took out property or infrastructure.
It must have been a local thing. I have lived in Arkansas all my life and never heard of this practice. The Engineer in me thinks there's probably a good reason.

It must have been a local thing. I have lived in Arkansas all my life and never heard of this practice. The Engineer in me thinks there's probably a good reason.
The Remington factory is (was?) right outside of Jacksonville (I used to take the Remington Rd. exit to get home off of I-40W). I can recall several areas where ASP and Jacksonville cops would block off roads for the "ice removal". I'm not sure if the DOT or any other city workers were involved in the fun and games, but you would hear the shotguns going off. I remember being told about this being done when I first moved there in 2000 (there was a pretty good snowstorm the first week there -- by Arkansas standards), but had a hard time believing it until I saw it reported on the news before my first ice storm there.

The Remington factory is (was?) right outside of Jacksonville (I used to take the Remington Rd. exit to get home off of I-40W). I can recall several areas where ASP and Jacksonville cops would block off roads for the "ice removal". I'm not sure if the DOT or any other city workers were involved in the fun and games, but you would hear the shotguns going off. I remember being told about this being done when I first moved there in 2000 (there was a pretty good snowstorm the first week there -- by Arkansas standards), but had a hard time believing it until I saw it reported on the news before my first ice storm there.
I’ve lived in the Little Rock metro area since about the mid-80s. I’m amazed that I haven’t heard about it. I’ll have to pay attention during the next ice event. Sounds like a good excuse for some “good‘ol’ boys” to have some fun. 😀

Edit: spelling

Last edited:
I’ve lived in the Little Rock metro area since about the mid-80s. I’m amazed that I haven’t heard about it. I’ll have to pay attention during the next ice even. Sounds like a good excuse for some “good‘ol’ boys” to have some fun. 😀
Oh, wow! Small world! Where do you live, more precisely? Arkansas was a love/hate thing for me. Such a beautiful state, but I did not enjoy where I lived in JAX. Had some good times there... had some really bad times there. :p Wouldn't move back, but glad I still have friends local for which I have a reason to stop back by every so often.

Oh, wow! Small world! Where do you live, more precisely? Arkansas was a love/hate thing for me. Such a beautiful state, but I did not enjoy where I lived in JAX. Had some good times there... had some really bad times there. :p Wouldn't move back, but glad I still have friends local for which I have a reason to stop back by every so often.
I've live on 6 wooded acres in western Pulaski county just off Colonel Glenn road. There are definitely better places to be than Jacksonville. The "nice place to visit but I wouldn't want to live there" doesn't apply. 😁 It would definitely be great to meet up for a smoke if you are ever in the area.

Edit: Cause I can't spell simple words. :)

Last edited:
I've live on 6 wooded acres in western Pulaski county just off Colonel Glenn road. There are definitely better places to be than Jacksonville. The "nice place to visit but I wouldn't want to live there" doesn't apply. 😁 It would definitely be great to meet up for a smoke if you are ever in the area.

Edit: Cause I can't spell simple words. :)
Lived in Sherwood on the East side of Pulaski county for a year when I was a kid…

Last edited:
On Friday I got a pinched nerve in my back causing shooting pains down the back of my leg, on Saturday I got shingles on my butt! On Sunday I got a migraine headache and a temperature of 102. Yesterday was a wonderful fucking day!

On Friday I got a pinched nerve in my back causing shooting pains down the back of my leg, on Saturday I got shingles on my butt! On Sunday I got a migraine headache and a temperature of 102. Yesterday was a wonderful fucking day!
Hope you start to feeling better soon, my friend.

Feel better soon, pain down the sounds like it could be sciatica, don't screw around like I did , and go to DR more then likely can be fixed with therapy.

Daughter's school is giving us crap over trying to leave one day early before Winter Break officially begins.

Ok, I retract: Daughter is giving us crap because she is afraid the school is going to give us crap for trying to leave one day early before Winter Break officially begins.

I kind of live by the creed of, "Don't worry about it until there is something to worry about". I've sent various emails explaining the situation, so nothing to do now until they get back to me. Any possible contingencies have been looked at and covered. I wish that wife and child would CTFO when it comes to, well... everything.

*EDIT* Crisis averted. Like I said, nothing to worry about.

Last edited:
Shit you sound like my wife when I ask for sex. Really sorry you are going through all of that I hope it gets better really soon!!!

I spend this week at my sons camp in the ANF by myself bu ting and waiting for the others to came back and hunt all next week. Usually it is awesome!

The shingles have made it torture!

My truck rides really rough on dirt road due to heavy suspension ...... my ass is raw!

Havent seen a single deer since Saturday!