• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Unhappy Thread

Truck inspected 2 weeks ago , last week turn signals would occasionally work, this week no turns , no hazards , no brake lights.
Fuse, bulbs ,ect all good took to garage, we can fit you in today. They close at 5pm got there at 4:55 not even close to done šŸ˜”. Might the fuse panel or a wire. Which I would think if its the fuse panel nothing would work?

The go out to dinner with the wife to fine she stood a wet mop on end on uncover subfloor.šŸ˜”šŸ¤¬šŸ¤¬šŸ¤¬šŸ¤¬šŸ¤¬šŸ¤¬šŸ¤¬šŸ¤¬šŸ¤¬šŸ¤¬

Do people use their freaking heads anymore?

So apparently it turned outvto be a flash tucked way up in under the dash.

Picked up last night, drove home parked it went out this am wouldn't start , or crank , threw a jump box on it for shits and giggles, started drive to work , shut it off wouldn't start or crank.

Its like the alarm won't disable , and can't get it to do anything

I recently bought a DR Pilot 200 Lawn Vacuum and I love it. I think I've mulched two tons of leaves already. The only flaw is the seam tore at the rear of the machine. The top seam and bottom seam have tore. It'll fail the next time I use it, then I'm in the shit. I've sent an email to the Customer Service Dept to ask for a replacement, since I've only used it for about five hours. I'm hopeful they send out the replacement very quickly. We'll see.

Floyd T
Pilot 200.jpg

I have a neighbor who has large dying trees and occasionally they drop branches on my house. The other night it was particularly windy and a sizable one fell off and punched a whole in my roof about the size of a fist. Real pissed off about it as the property owner has been previously notified.

20221106_132711.jpg20221106_132701.jpg

I have a neighbor who has large dying trees and occasionally they drop branches on my house. The other night it was particularly windy and a sizable one fell off and punched a whole in my roof about the size of a fist. Real pissed off about it as the property owner has been previously notified.

View attachment 62448View attachment 62449
Man that sucks! We have one big maple and itā€™s dropped branches before but thankfully never done that to ours or neighbors garage.

Once one of our birch trees broke during a wind/ice event and toppled over onto the neighbors trailer. Again very little if any damage.

We called our insurance company, and they wouldnā€™t do anything about it (at the time we didnā€™t know the extent, just reacting) because the tree hangs over the property line.

I donā€™t know if that is a Michigan thing or a insurance thing, but according to them, anything that hangs over is the responsibility of that property owner, like some kind of imaginary line was drawn straight up or something.

So we just got the saws out and instant firewood for us both haha. Not ideal but we made the best of it. Over the years we have had tree trimmers come out and Iā€™ve talked to the neighbors about taking more off, because of leaves and potential issues and they always say no, because they want the shade to keep cooling costs down.

But we always have them trimmed a little more anyways lolā€¦shhh donā€™t tell them!

Man that sucks! We have one big maple and itā€™s dropped branches before but thankfully never done that to ours or neighbors garage.

Once one of our birch trees broke during a wind/ice event and toppled over onto the neighbors trailer. Again very little if any damage.

We called our insurance company, and they wouldnā€™t do anything about it (at the time we didnā€™t know the extent, just reacting) because the tree hangs over the property line.

I donā€™t know if that is a Michigan thing or a insurance thing, but according to them, anything that hangs over is the responsibility of that property owner, like some kind of imaginary line was drawn straight up or something.

So we just got the saws out and instant firewood for us both haha. Not ideal but we made the best of it. Over the years we have had tree trimmers come out and Iā€™ve talked to the neighbors about taking more off, because of leaves and potential issues and they always say no, because they want the shade to keep cooling costs down.

But we always have them trimmed a little more anyways lolā€¦shhh donā€™t tell them!
Yah, not the same for us unfortunately. It's a rental and the property owner is less than motivated to help in any way.

Yah, not the same for us unfortunately. It's a rental and the property owner is less than motivated to help in any way.
If you have proof of telling your neighbor, like an email or a certified letter, then your insurance may go after their insurance as you notified them in advance. A similar thing happened to me a while back.

View attachment 62448View attachment 62449
Sorry to hear this brother!
Did you call insurance company?
Nate, I have been meaning to ask ... what should Chad be impeached from? I love peaches!

If you have proof of telling your neighbor, like an email or a certified letter, then your insurance may go after their insurance as you notified them in advance. A similar thing happened to me a while back.
Huh, I never thought of that as an option, I doubt my neighbor has in our case either. But we always try to do the ā€œrightā€ thing when something like this happens, as well itā€™s just the ā€œrightā€ thing to do lol. Sometimes shit happens.

The ice storm was a weird thing for us. Never had one like that before or since. Some of our neighbors have just gone to taking their entire trees down, just to not deal with it I guess. It kinda makes me sad when they do that, because I know that even if they find a more suitable spot to plant a new tree, Iā€™ll be dead before I get to see it ever grow tall again.

I guess it was the week before Halloween in 2020 that we had a real bad ice storm, hit before the trees had dropped their leaves. It wrecked my trees, luckily I had the ones in front trimmed within the last few years and the pecan trees in back had just been trimmed the year before. I still had truckloads of limbs to deal with, but only one large apricot tree limb on the roof and it just laid over on the roof, didn't crash from above.

I hate winter.

I recently bought a DR Pilot 200 Lawn Vacuum and I love it. I think I've mulched two tons of leaves already. The only flaw is the seam tore at the rear of the machine. The top seam and bottom seam have tore. It'll fail the next time I use it, then I'm in the shit. I've sent an email to the Customer Service Dept to ask for a replacement, since I've only used it for about five hours. I'm hopeful they send out the replacement very quickly. We'll see.

Floyd T
View attachment 62403
UPDATE : Called and spoke with a rep in the service sector. A new one is on the way and all is good. I asked if he wanted pics to show the issue, and he said "only if you have them". I emailed them over and had the replacement on it's way that same day. Customer Service at it's finest. I believe it had to be a one off, since this is a pressure point that'd be exposed if it happened all the time.

I'll buy from these folks again, no doubt. Thanks for reading.

Floyd T

I guess it was the week before Halloween in 2020 that we had a real bad ice storm, hit before the trees had dropped their leaves. It wrecked my trees, luckily I had the ones in front trimmed within the last few years and the pecan trees in back had just been trimmed the year before. I still had truckloads of limbs to deal with, but only one large apricot tree limb on the roof and it just laid over on the roof, didn't crash from above.

I hate winter.
Oh, ice storms, how I loathe thee...

Sure, they make for postcard-pretty scenery, and there's something soothing about hearing the constant cracking of limbs, branches, and trees outside in the crisp air, but that's about it. Back in the early 2000s when I lived in Arkansas, every ice storm the Arkansas State Police (and I'm sure many locals, as well) would literally clear out the Remington factory there of buckshot and birdshot -- pretty much anything that scattered. Cops would go around blasting into trees to try and clear the ice off the branches before they took out property or infrastructure.

Sure, they make for postcard-pretty scenery, and there's something soothing about hearing the constant cracking of limbs, branches, and trees outside in the crisp air, but that's about it. Back in the early 2000s when I lived in Arkansas, every ice storm the Arkansas State Police (and I'm sure many locals, as well) would literally clear out the Remington factory there of buckshot and birdshot -- pretty much anything that scattered. Cops would go around blasting into trees to try and clear the ice off the branches before they took out property or infrastructure.
Wow, I never heard of that! You do that around here nowadays and you will have cops coming from every direction. But thatā€™s good I guess being that Iā€™m less than 1/4 mile from the high school and an elementary school. I donā€™t think we have any ā€œshot spottersā€ in the city yet but drive about 2 miles or so closer to downtown Detroit and they have em all over.

Wow, I never heard of that! You do that around here nowadays and you will have cops coming from every direction. But thatā€™s good I guess being that Iā€™m less than 1/4 mile from the high school and an elementary school. I donā€™t think we have any ā€œshot spottersā€ in the city yet but drive about 2 miles or so closer to downtown Detroit and they have em all over.
To be fair, there's probably a reason Arkansas is perennially at the bottom of the list for education in the USoA...

Really? That sounds awesome!