• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Unhappy Thread

Does frustrated count?

I had an animal digging under my deck and no matter what I did, it just kept digging out the hole. I have a few ignorant neighbors who allow cats to roam and I figured it was one of them. I put two have a heart traps out about 3 feet apart. I came home two days later and completely forgot about the traps. I went outside to go to my basement to get a beer and startled a cat in one of the traps, which startled me, which startled the skunk in the other trap. I ran like a little girl!

I couldn't figure out how to get the cat out without pissing off the skunk!

Finally, I had to try. I got a spud bar which I could get under the handle with the spade portion. I VERY carefully watched the skunk for any sudden movement, while I approached the other trap with the spud bar. I lifted the trap with the cat in it and started backing away when the cat decided to go apeshit! The trap fell on to the other trap and, again, I ran like a little girl!

I came back and finally executed the maneuver to free the cat.

I can't shoot the skunk or the neighbors will call the police. I have poison which will instantly kill it but......A. I am not getting that close.....and .........B. It might spray and my A/C unit is three feet away. And I refuse to try the old trick of putting a blanket over it while I open the trap!

😡
Just because I was curious also:
A skunk will still smell even when dead, and the gland which creates the foul odor can release if the body is moved postmortem. ... The skunk will likely spray at the time of death, but if you are not in immediate range, your risk level is minimal.

I'm pretty sure it's illegal for anyone to relocate a skunk due to rabies issues.

Just because I was curious also:
A skunk will still smell even when dead, and the gland which creates the foul odor can release if the body is moved postmortem. ... The skunk will likely spray at the time of death, but if you are not in immediate range, your risk level is minimal.
I did a bunch of research the day I found the little bugger and it seems there is no "perfect" solution. If the gland releases, I guess it's pretty mild as opposed to spraying. The research basically said that shooting it it the best option to avoid spraying. But given the fact that it's 3 feet away from my A/C unit, even a mild gland release could be disastrous.

I am going to call the Board of Public Affairs for the town I live in, (translated Village Idiots) and ask them if they have a solution.

I did a bunch of research the day I found the little bugger and it seems there is no "perfect" solution. If the gland releases, I guess it's pretty mild as opposed to spraying. The research basically said that shooting it it the best option to avoid spraying. But given the fact that it's 3 feet away from my A/C unit, even a mild gland release could be disastrous.

I am going to call the Board of Public Affairs for the town I live in, (translated Village Idiots) and ask them if they have a solution.

You've mentioned your AC unit a couple times...unless you have a package unit with an outside air damper/economizer there isn't a way for smell to get into the house. Which I am guessing is why you said it would be disastrous.

You've mentioned your AC unit a couple times...unless you have a package unit with an outside air damper/economizer there isn't a way for smell to get into the house. Which I am guessing is why you said it would be disastrous.
Ya know what? If I had thought about it for half a second, I knew that. The little bastard has me all wigged out! :)

This is getting better and better.

Yesterday I looked outside and saw a groundhog talking to the skunk.

The village I live in offers nothing.

The animal control guy I called had a few laughs with me when I explained about the cat, he said it would $200 for them to come out.

If I shoot it with a 22 pistol, or rifle, I am afraid I will graze the wires of the trap, deflecting the bullet, and wound it, causing it to spray.

I could stick the muzzle of a pellet gun down through the wires and pop it in the head.......but that requires getting within a couple feet.

This would be hilarious if it were someone else!

So you decided to just freeze it to death. Good idea!

We need to get Jeff a gopro for when he decides to take on the skunk.
Maybe I could start a go-fund-me page and document how not to dispatch a skunk?

My dad and sister are developing a toxic relationship. So that makes me unhappy. My sister is thin-skinned and believes that everything should be perfect (she has a hard time just letting things go). My dad in the other hand is stubborn, won’t apologize and is defensive.
ohh fun times ahead.

Last edited:
My dad and sister are developing a toxic relationship. So that makes me unhappy. My sister is thin-skinned and believes that everything should be perfect (she has a hard time just letting things go). My dad in the other hand is stubborn, won’t apologize and is defensive.
ohh fun times ahead.
That sucks. My brother and sister are not on speaking terms for much the same reason.

ohh fun times ahead.
Your post reminds me of certain members of this forum, i.e., thin skinned, believing things should be perfect/go their way, being defensive, etc.

That is a shame.

Your post reminds me of certain members of this forum, i.e., thin skinned, believing things should be perfect/go their way, being defensive, etc.

That is a shame.
For a minute there, I thought maybe you got it.

Oh well....................

Edited to add: It's not a case of a few people wanting things to go "their" way. It's more like "everybody" has tried to explain the CP way, and you want to continue to be ignorant.....literally.

ohh fun times ahead.
Jon, it seems somewhat inevitable. Just be you and help them both understand that life is too short to throw away those we love.