• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Unhappy Thread

Didn't someone else recently get one of these as well? I hadn't heard of anyone getting cigars seized for a couple of years. That sucks!!

Didn't someone else recently get one of these as well? I hadn't heard of anyone getting cigars seized for a couple of years. That sucks!!
I know a few people have gone through this recently. *cough*

US Customs must really be cracking down on the seizure of contraband/illegal imports, into the US, lately.

I know of an individual that recently had Dominican cigars (temporarily) seized but then released by US customs.
The cigars were purchased from a Dominican based vendor, and imported to the US by the buyer.
These cigars were not cheap; they are some of the most expensive Dominicans around, and they are certainly not 'illegal' to import into the US.

Buyer beware ............

That letter makes me unhappy, too. :( However, this related time capsule should help put a smile back on your face, at least for a few minutes...

I import guitars into the US & there is a pesky little thing they call CITES.
If you get caught importing an instrument into the US that contains any amount of an endangered species that just so happens to be listed in CITES Appendix I, then your item will most likely be seized.
If your item is seized, my opinion is don't fight it & don't even respond to the notice you receive from US Customs.
Just walk away ............
YMMV

It was me, although I just got my cigars listed as 50 Cuban cigars. Vendor made good on them, except that he didn't have any stock left and got a credit for the ones he ran out of.

It was me, although I just got my cigars listed as 50 Cuban cigars. Vendor made good on them, except that he didn't have any stock left and got a credit for the ones he ran out of.
My case is one of those private seller/buyer is responsible for lost or confiscated packages. You know what I’m talking about Anthony. The Punch Churchill’s were from 1996.... Ouch!

My case is one of those private seller/buyer is responsible for lost or confiscated packages. You know what I’m talking about Anthony. The Punch Churchill’s were from 1996.... Ouch!
John that really hurts! I've really stopped buying because I ran out of space and hate dealing with this new issue.

That letter makes me unhappy, too. :( However, this related time capsule should help put a smile back on your face, at least for a few minutes...

that is one Hell of a funny thread πŸ˜‚ thanks for the laughs ............ that should be 'required reading' for every CP member 🀣

I’m curious. What were those 10 β€œHabanos”?
Sancho Panza Gran Quixote Belux. Probably didn’t want to have to write that all out. I’ve got a few more boxes on the way and already have four, so I’m not that mad about those. The 96 Punch Churchill’s did hurt, and so did the PL Coronas 5ta Avenida. Hard to find and only 1500 boxes made. Great investment box.

Sancho Panza Gran Quixote Belux. Probably didn’t want to have to write that all out. I’ve got a few more boxes on the way and already have four, so I’m not that mad about those. The 96 Punch Churchill’s did hurt, and so did the PL Coronas 5ta Avenida. Hard to find and only 1500 boxes made. Great investment box.
Damn! That’s bad... (it’s good that you are going to take it easy buying this year πŸ˜‚)