• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Unhappy Thread

It's been one of those days..

Felled a mid sized oak. Fucker got hung because I miss judged the height.

Then because I was a little pissed I went and started cutting without checking my pressure points. Bar stuck.

Remove bar from saw to put another bar and chain on. Lose a vital screw.

Day fucked.

On top of that ordered a new chain for my top handle saw and it's been manufactured wrong. So amgad to buy another and have the ballache of returning the other for a refund.

Plus the post lady being an utter moose knuckle didn't sign for my package that was due, so now tomorrow I have to wait around the house until it arrives.

So smoke and a pot of coffee it is!

It's been one of those days..

Felled a mid sized oak. Fucker got hung because I miss judged the height.

Then because I was a little pissed I went and started cutting without checking my pressure points. Bar stuck.

Remove bar from saw to put another bar and chain on. Lose a vital screw.

Day fucked.

On top of that ordered a new chain for my top handle saw and it's been manufactured wrong. So amgad to buy another and have the ballache of returning the other for a refund.

Plus the post lady being an utter moose knuckle didn't sign for my package that was due, so now tomorrow I have to wait around the house until it arrives.

So smoke and a pot of coffee it is!
Are you a professional Paul Bunyan, or is all this woodcutting around your property? You talk about and show chainsaw stuff a bunch.

Also, did you get any of that wind this past week? I think you are much too far south to have been affected, yes?

Got one. Smoker/bbq combo. Got a couple sets of ribsin the freezer and the weather is suppose to be good this weekend 😁 though the boss is back Wednesday, so she's likely given my time away to someone I need 🙄

Cut my own firewood. Got a 6 acre stand of red oak with a little beech/wild cherry.

Was blowing 50-60 yesterday. Calm and warm today.

With the price of hardwoods now, you could do a side gig, with a portable sawmill.

I pondered it but because the trees are so close together there isnt a whole lot of decent wood out there. Might be a few worth milling, rest is only really firewood quailty.

I pondered it but because the trees are so close together there isnt a whole lot of decent wood out there. Might be a few worth milling, rest is only really firewood quailty.

I know maple is going for $6/bf for 8/4 sized (2 inches thick). Crazy how expensive things have gotten.

I know maple is going for $6/bf for 8/4 sized (2 inches thick). Crazy how expensive things have gotten.
I used to see a lot of hardwood lumber coming in from the Baltic to the State Pier in New London. I can see that supply being interrupted. And don't we get a lot of wood from Canada too ?