• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Unhappy Thread

Started a bathroom remodel , 2.5 weeks ago , everytime I think I'm getting ahead, I find more shit wrong. Feel like I am getting no where fast.
Nate, if you are finding wrong shit in your bathroom remodel, maybe you are remodeling the wrong things?

Started a bathroom remodel , 2.5 weeks ago , everytime I think I'm getting ahead, I find more shit wrong. Feel like I am getting no where fast.
I hear you. If it’s an old house and a room needs remodeling it’s worth demolishing to the beams in that room and redoing everything. Our house was built in the 40s I believe. So when we bought it we did that all throughout. Took like 3 years of living in suboptimal conditions but the end result is well worth it

Could use some prays for my father-in-law. His test results came back bad and his cancer is getting worse and is most likely going to be starting hospice soon.
Very sorry. Of course prayers. A friend is a Hospice Nurse. They are a great help.

Damn! Sorry to hear this Frank. Keep us posted on her progress. Is this one of the twin girls?
Damn! Sorry to hear this Frank. Keep us posted on her progress. Is this one of the twin girls?
got her PET scan back… it’s completely gone, though they’re doing a few more treatments to make sure. What I understand about Hodgkin’s is it can be completely eliminated, not so
Got her pet scan back, it’s all gone! They’ll do a few more treatments to make sure there’s no surviving cancer cells. My understanding of Hodgkin’s is it can be completely eliminated, not just in remission. I know there a lot of folks who’ve gone thru much much worse, but it scared the sh** out of me.

Gator, just because much worse has been experienced by some, it NEVER diminishes what you've gone through. Michelle and I send daily prayers to you and your family. May you never have to redress this issue. I very happy to hear the news.

Floyd T

Unhappy about gas prices here in California… soon to be over $7 a gallon 😞

View attachment 52900

Right now, it’s over $150 to fill my suv up…
My cynical reply, borne out by article in hometown paper, is they tell us it will be going to $7 and we are grateful when it goes only to $5. Master manipulation. I truely believe there are some who say if they are paying that in Europe then we should be too.

Just keep plugging away, it will be done before you know it.
I feel your pain. I did a kitchen remodel a couple of years ago, Day one the electrician said "well the good news is we had to go down to the studs anyway". Nothing the previous owners had doe was to code. 6 weeks later I still had a refrigerator in my living room.

Funny how quick it is to go up, and how slow it is to go down, not a stretch to think there’s significant gouging happening, and not just on gas. I’m in the nursery industry, and everything associated with production has doubled to quadrupled in a short period, I don’t see how or why cost of production went up that fast, but I’m a simple farmer.

Funny how quick it is to go up, and how slow it is to go down, not a stretch to think there’s significant gouging happening, and not just on gas. I’m in the nursery industry, and everything associated with production has doubled to quadrupled in a short period, I don’t see how or why cost of production went up that fast, but I’m a simple farmer.
I saw a Talking Head on the news a few days ago. He said (to quote Alan Greenspan) "The Market is irrational ". Keystone never pumped a barrel of oil. Hurricane comes through and the gas that was refined 2 weeks before goes up 4 cents while it is on the road to the station. I'm not a farmer but did hear most fertilizer is man made from petroleum?

Not so much, but it takes energy to refine the raw materials & it’s bulky, so cost of production has gone up some. I ship a lot of nursery material from Oregon to NC, and freight has more than doubled in past 2 years, guess the pandemic had a role in it, but I have found freight for 30% cheaper than others, so definitely some opportunistic pricing happening

Something for your memory banks. We talk about gas prices, but it comes from oil, and out of a barrel of oil ( 55 gal. ) we extract 8 gallons of gas. Yes, we extract other things, but only get eight gallons of gas. To put that into current perspective, Russia supplied us with 208000 barrels Of oil before we put on the brakes. Do you see my point, that is a Drop in the bucket for our gas usage, but the market and the marketing mad this into a big deal and look what happened. We got screwed by someone over absolutely nothing, but the price sure went up and I expect it to remain high, or higher than it previously was. Europe is on the sour end of the stick and I don't know if they can be brave enough to find a way out of their problem.