• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Vendor banned

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Rod... We don't need those kind around these parts. I thought it was pretty ballsy of him to have those "add to cart" buttons on his post about his specials... Definitely out of line.

I have to admit, I did give this guy my business once though, on a sampler pack... This whole situation makes me regret it now. :blush: Its over and done, and I wont be doing business with him again. Just wish my coin could have gone to a more deserving Brother here...

~Jadon

Rod, thanks for taking care of this. We don't need anybody who will resort to being a rat for a few more sales.

Nice job Rod for taking care of this.

And to Al for speaking up and acting appropriately.

:thumbs:

I'll screw him the best way I know how, by not spending any bucks with his shop! F him!

Thanks Rod :thumbs:

PUT THEM ON A DITCH! (evidently one poster's hometown tradition)

I spend a few thousand dollars a month on cigars and I'm glad that he got not one penny from me. I fear that Ginseng may be right, though, and the Old Ways may be gone unless the retailers can figure out a "safe" way to do business.

I spend a few thousand dollars a month on cigars and I'm glad that he got not one penny from me. I fear that Ginseng may be right, though, and the Old Ways may be gone unless the retailers can figure out a "safe" way to do business.

Well done Rod !

Maybe these "Deal" threads should be locked until a minimum amount of posts is met.
Obviously a temp. solution, but might save the retailers here some grief.

...I have gotten complaints within minutes of posting a special price. This isn't the only cigar snitch.

Ian Hannah
Billboardtobacco.com
And therein lies the problem. In the past, one need not be a registered member to see the Retailer Specials. Even if the forum is locked down, all they would need to do is register an account and never post. Then they'd be able to see everything that goes on.

I think there will necessarily need to be a fundamental change in tactics by our retailers. To this point, they've been doing all the work by posting great deals. All we had to do was bite. If their public actions are going to be subject to scrutiny, they I don't know how we can go on doing business in the old ways.

Wilkey

Agreed. Thinking caps everyone, thinking caps.

...I have gotten complaints within minutes of posting a special price. This isn't the only cigar snitch.

Ian Hannah
Billboardtobacco.com
And therein lies the problem. In the past, one need not be a registered member to see the Retailer Specials. Even if the forum is locked down, all they would need to do is register an account and never post. Then they'd be able to see everything that goes on.

I think there will necessarily need to be a fundamental change in tactics by our retailers. To this point, they've been doing all the work by posting great deals. All we had to do was bite. If their public actions are going to be subject to scrutiny, they I don't know how we can go on doing business in the old ways.

Wilkey

Agreed. Thinking caps everyone, thinking caps.

In another forum I'm a part of you can only see certain topics if you are a registered member of the forum.
Maybe this would work here...

(corrected spelling error)

In another forum I'm a part of you can only see cretin topics if you are a registered member of the forum.
Maybe this would work here...

Would not work for those with accounts that only lurk. The minimum post count is a start of sorts, but then it wold turn into a post race, and the BOTL that "read more, post less" would be left behind.

I know when I am looking for a new Mountain Bike, some times shops put a "Call for price" in the add when the price is below what they are allowed to sell for. But I am not sure that Vendors here would have the time to sift through all the PM's this would cause.

Sorry, in the end I was no help....

Tim

Thanks for taking out the trash Rod!

I don't know what the hell was up with this guys website anyway. Hey, I like Pepin as much as the next guy... but that was about all this guy offered! I wonder if he has some kind of deal worked out with Pepin? and like someone else mentioned... If Pepin knows of his dirty ways????

mac

Wow, I have ordered once from this vendor and now I never again will. Thanks for the update and information.

Good job.

I have an idea that stems from playing fantasy football and maybe some of you can even tweak it. It all depends on how active the admins are in running these forums.

Some forums that I regularly scan ask for donations for maintenance. They somehow keep track of which members have donated money or what not. Why not do the same thing on a monthly or weekly basis in order to view the deals forum. It can range from a dollar to 5 dollars per member and contribute to the maintenance of said forum. If that is not needed, the pot can be used for a sweet raffle giveaway. I can not fathom vendors having to spend time and money in order to view the deals.

My fantasy football league has used a similar set up to keep things interesting for the bottom tier teams. Even though they might not win the regular season, they have a chance at a weekly jackpot that varies from week to week.

Hope this helps.

I wouldn't mind knowing what cigar manufacturers support this? We could throw together a letter/petition, have everyone digitally sign it, send it to said manufacturers and see what they have to say. If they tell us to piss off, we boycott their products for a period of time and send them the reciepts of everything we're buying instead. We are, afterall, the market.

edited to add: "Since the Supreme Court ruled Manufacturers have the right to set minimum prices." Obviously we aren't going to get anywhere with that, but they didn't rule that Manufacturers have to set minimum prices.

Another suggestion would be: Keep doing what we do and if one of our people get into trouble we play hardball.

chat room specials! Everyone woudl know is looking in then. of course it would be a feeding frenzy! :laugh:

Thanks Rod... good job as always :thumbs:
(my post in his intro thread wasn't tongue-in-cheeky enough...fuggin asshat)

I'm still unclear why we could not make some topics only available to registered members.
Yes you would have to login to see the topic, but that would be ok.
At least we would not have to worry about non-members ratting out vendors/members.

I'm still unclear why we could not make some topics only available to registered members.
At least we would not have to worry about non-members ratting out vendors/members.

But this guy was a registered member. So, in this case, it wouldn't help.

But this guy was a registered member. So, in this case, it wouldn't help.

True, but he was banned for his actions.
He can continue to out vendors/members just by lurking on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.