• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Virtual Video Herf

I already pointed you in a better direction CJ. I guess the old saying holds true. "you can lead a horse to water...."

I will be on later tonight...have to go out.

Backslide said:
Again with gay tinychat, smh
Here's the deal queer puddin'! I'm looking for an integrated client we can install so members don't need to go somewhere else with a different login to talk with the family from CP. Google looks like a good option and I'll work with Rod to do what we can to make it easy for the average Joe to attend.

I'm also working 60 hours a week and packing to move, so my time lately has been spread a little thin. I'll be back next month with a new alternative.

ironpeddler said:
I signed in and no one was home...have fun tonight guys.  :thumbs:
I'm sorry I missed ya' Gary, it's been a while since we've talked. My power took a shit tonight until about 30 minutes ago, I was hoping you all were living it up in spite of the fact I couldn't partake.

You know, I think this Herf is a great benefit for members.

Would it make sense to reevaluate how it's currently working or not working?
Would there be any other periods through the month, say the 3rd week on Friday (for example) that a greater majority would be able to attend? Should we take another vote hoping that others would actually chime in??  :whistling:
Would a fee based Video Chat Application supported by a few of the regulars be a possibility? Allowing new and occasional members to join regardless?
I fully agree with CJ, that an integrated solution would be ideal. What are the options? What would implementation time frame/s be?
Would an external solution work for the interim? or permanently for that matter?

Let's do this... & get it going... If assistance is needed I'll volunteer!!

Alright boys, it's that time again. I've been hammering away trying to find solutions to our current software problem. There are several options we can explore for tonights get together. AnyMeeting is on the list, it's free and requires very little from you guys to get involved leaving me with the work, which I prefer. I can post a link here for the room, but it only allows 6 users to broadcast at once with all others in the room to manually or audibly interact with each other. There is also Google Hangouts, but you all need to have a gmail account before you're able to participate. Which shall we try today?

How is the new google hangouts working? Are a few people showing up to the herfs. I might try to make this months, depending on how work goes thursday.

I thought it switched to Tuesdays for football season so it should have been tonight.

Tall Paul said:
I thought it switched to Tuesdays for football season so it should have been tonight.

Having the game on at the same time as the video herf makes the 'personal interaction' more palatable! 

ironpeddler said:

Having the game on at the same time as the video herf makes the 'personal interaction' more palatable! 

I don't have a tv outside...LOL

Tall Paul said:

I don't have a tv outside...LOL

That sounds like a problem that can very easily be fixed!