• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Weather

View attachment 51171
But my walk this morning will be aggressive and I won’t be worried about how much noise I make. Not sure you have the right weather for deer hunting John. Not that I know much about deer hunting but I would bet they would be all hunkered down for most of the morning trying to stay warm.
Yep! No fun at all. We both packed it in and headed for home before it got too bad out with the snow. We hunted in10° weather and it honestly wasn't too hateful. The night before I still hunted with several layers, a ski mask, and an electric jacket in 25° ish weather and I was pretty cold with the cloudy skies and the wind. 🥶

Yep! No fun at all. We both packed it in and headed for home before it got too bad out with the snow. We hunted in10° weather and it honestly wasn't too hateful. The night before I still hunted with several layers, a ski mask, and an electric jacket in 25° ish weather and I was pretty cold with the cloudy skies and the wind. 🥶
And what's really important is that you lived to hunt another day. Hopefully in more enjoyable weather!

My old home town on Buffalo NY got 22" of white stuff. My sister has rabbits that invade her plants, she didn't see any ( maybe cause their white )? It was heavy, wet snow. Was 6° with 35 mph wind.

47256B44-33B6-45B9-90CB-15FDA62ED493.png

View attachment 51171
But my walk this morning will be aggressive and I won’t be worried about how much noise I make. Not sure you have the right weather for deer hunting John. Not that I know much about deer hunting but I would bet they would be all hunkered down for most of the morning trying to stay warm.
It's always a gamble. The deer will react to pending weather changes and move on their own sometimes. Most of the time you have to hope to stumble on a dumb one, kick some up out of their beds and get an opportunity, or push them to your buddy.

John kicked some up and I was a few hundred yards behind him walking a trail, they circled around and came up to me but I made a bad decision thinking they would come closer and give me a better shot. They didn't!

Don't you wish you could be right 10% of the time and be considered an expert? I know it's difficult to predict the weather near the great lakes but sometimes I wonder if they don't just let a random number generator fill in the forecast..

Daily forecast shows a low Friday of -3 degrees and the lowest hourly projection for Friday is 4 degrees🤪
1642687444463.png

Friday 12AM thru 11AM
1642687528964.png

Friday 12PM thru 11PM
1642687627414.png