• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Well I was wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some decisions are just not as finite as we think they are ;). Wilkey/Bill I am glad this may turn out better than it appeared. Happy New Year!!

Jim

Apparently, there are other accounts that must also be settled, not just Bill's.

Let's not forget those in order that this entire episode can be brought to a satisfactory close.

Glad to hear this Wilkey!

Apparently, there are other accounts that must also be settled, not just Bill's.

Let's not forget those in order that this entire episode can be brought to a satisfactory close.

It would be nice to hear from the other members who have been wronged, if that is the case :whistling:

I'm in for the group hug. Wilkey, glad to see a calmer head has prevailed! Stick around, I've learned a lot from your thread around here and appreciate what you've given all of us thus far.

There are a few things that the "older" members here at Cigar Pass have taught me, to be graciously humble and also to be humbly gracious. Great to see both of these quality's exhibited to settle this issue.

Mark

Thanks for the apology and for taking care of this, Wilkey. I'm glad cooler heads have prevailed and things are on the way to a resolution.

Best Regards - B.B.S.

I read this as "cooler beads" and thought it was some sort of euphemism....

How dare you let things like family, Christmas and school interfere with Cigar Pass. Where's the nearest tree.

I've got two responsibilities/obligations from the recent fiasco and I mean to dutifully discharge them both. I need to do this for the good of the forum. I need to do this to settle accounts. And I need to do this to clear my conscience.

First, I offer my sincere apologies to Bill for forgetting to send out his cigars. No excuses. I just plum forgot. I hope you have it in your heart to forgive my mistake.

Wilkey

I want you. Now. You hot little bundle of angst. :)

In that same..ahem..vain...Wilkey, like many of your long winded philosophical posts in the previous thread, imo you've come off once again as having an excuse. The title of your thread strikes me as "I'm sorry, but can you blame me?"

Just say it or don't. Stop adding qualifiers. You owe Bill a gracious and solid apology, in addition to your end of the trade.

Oh come on... the apology was about as straightforward as it gets. He's admitting that he, like everyone else, is human and thus fallible -- he's saying he was wrong.

I swear to god, if an argument ensues about whether his apology was "good enough" or is grammatically picked apart and read into, my head is going to explode.

And you don't want that. It'll be messy. :)

Wilkey apologized, he said he was wrong, and he's intending to make right.* Move on.

* And yes, if anyone else feels Wilkey owes them something in a trade, they should step forward, or let him know privately, so he can make that right as well.

Plenty of people around here have been wrong at one time or another. Most took it with a hell of a lot more grace than you did. Even I was wrong once, according to Smurfy, but I guarantee I apologized without all the hand wringing and excuses. "Forgetting", by the way, is an excuse. Your post in response to Bill's was disgraceful. Perhaps you should take care of your obligations because it's the right thing to do and not for the ancillary benefits to your conscience, debts or forum.

NA

I agree with you, of course... but I think it's equally disgraceful to not accept someone's apology at face value and move on. Discerning whether he "meant it" or what his motivations are isn't really that useful... better to just accept an apology when offered than interrogate it, IMHO.

I understand your motivations, and I can honestly say that you've been right more than anyone else I've known in my time here on CP, including cases where I was demonstrably wrong or misguided (hello, PuroBrat). I just hate drama for drama's sake, and I think if any man supplicates before you in apology -- in public no less -- it's uncouth to not accept it.

So I have a suggestion (and this is not directed at you, NA, but to everyone): let Wilkey settle the situation amenably, and contritely, without picking apart his motivations for or method of apology. And for the love of god, please don't turn this into an argument about whether people think that Wilkey's apology gets their gold seal of approval.

Happy New Year everyone!

* And yes, if anyone else feels Wilkey owes them something in a trade, they should step forward, or let him know privately, so he can make that right as well.

Wilkey you owe me a trade for the simple fact that I have not had the pleasure of trading with you.

You can send me a box of Gurkha HMR. I have three marbles, a 2008 Iowa scenery calendar, and a box of PB&J crackers. Let me know your addy.

:whistling:

Glad to see you sticking around, I've enjoyed reading many of your posts.

Jeff.

In that same..ahem..vain...Wilkey, like many of your long winded philosophical posts in the previous thread, imo you've come off once again as having an excuse. The title of your thread strikes me as "I'm sorry, but can you blame me?"
I'm sorry that it could be interpreted it as such. Perhaps that says less about my intent, than the feelings of the one doing the interpreting? Just saying. And BTW, I meant it as saying I am as human, and all that that entails, as any one of us. Any one of us who has or might one day find ourselves in this same position. How mean spirited and sardonic an interpretation indeed. It is the same perspective that paints any explanation as an excuse. How utterly unbrotherly.

No need for insinuations. If there are other transactions that need to be closed, then I'd ask that the participants contact me directly and remind me. Or post here. Your choice. I tell you now that if they are unconsummated, it is because I have forgotten. I have successfully executed many transactions and have done so with the best possible, but seemingly imperfect follow up. If the insinuation is that I've welched for personal gain, then your proof of intent had better be pretty air tight. I've come back to close this transaction and any others that have lingered for some reason. Strangely, no contact in months, perhaps years asking for deals to be finished. Why now? Why not then?

Warning: long winded philosophical goodbye, as I stand here against the firing squad wall, I demand the right of a final statement

And to those who have gained something from my time here, I leave you all the work that I've produced. Let that, if nothing else, be my legacy. Once we are done here, we are done. The uncharitable comments in this thread have truly, fully, and irrevocably shown me that this is no longer the place for me. Although I will treasure and maintain the friendships I've developed, I find myself simply liking it here less and less. The camaraderie and the jollity have long since been tainted by a lingering veil of scorn and venom. It has stopped being my home and become a little more like...something else not quite as good.

Here is the towel. Consider it thrown in. Bill, Neal, George, Bruce, you wanted me gone. I'm gone. You've won. You've made this place sufficiently unpleasant, unwelcoming, and unfulfilling for me to finally leave. How do you know this is not just another couple of weeks away only to return with a cheery 'how do?' Because I am telling the entire forum that I give up and you have won. It's funny. Back in 2005 I was looking for a place to call home and happened to make contact with Bill. It was, in part, his praise of CigarPass that brought me here. It was that reality fulfilled that kept me here.

But now I leave CigarPass in your hands. For you to treat as you see fit. Yours to shape into a vision of what this community should be. This place is yours now as, apparently, it ever was. What it is, what it is to become, all this will be the fruits of your guidance, your example. I trust that will be sufficient. If not, at least rest easy in knowing that the average sentence length of posts on this forum will soon drop precipitously.

Now let's get this done. Hell, I'll even buy the first bullet.

Wilkey

Aw hell. You know, I can't help but think that this is all very silly. Wilkey, unbunch your damn panties and stay a while, will ya? :)

Honestly, this is not a big deal... settle the outstanding trade(s), and let it go. I don't think these guys have it in for you the way you believe they do. Bill, Neal, George, et al are good guys, and I don't think they are trying to tilt you.

What a man does under pressure says a lot about his character. Would have never thought Wilkey was the "I am taking my ball and going home!" type.

What a shame Wilkey, Good luck in all you do.

David

Thanks for all of the good stuff before this, Wilkey. Take care and goodbye.

Why don't you make up your damn mind already! Are you staying or going? Or are you just looking for more people to kiss your ass and beg you to stay?

Don't even think about putting this on my plate. You cut ties with me, what, a year ago? You were "done" with me just like you're "done" with CP now and done with CS. You haven't had a direct word with me since. To say that I wanted you gone is more than a little vain. I view your presence here with indifference. Bruce seems to like you so maybe he cares but as for BIll and George, only they know what they want. I haven't seen anyone ask or imply that you should leave so that's on you.

Moki, it wan't up to me to accept his apology. I'm quite sure it wasn't pointed at me. I simply thought it lacked sincerity and said so.

NA

Goodbye Wilkey
Hello Wilkey

Pick one.

Still waiting on the 4 other "phantom" members who have been wronged by Wilkey to show up.

How can someone as educated as you miss connecting the dots as badly as my 3 yr old granddaughter?!?! There is NOTHING in anything I have ever said or done that would even suggest you leave. I do think you need to cut back on your Tolstoy-esque writings, but that has also been a shortcoming of mine (for which I have received several lashings from NA).

Clearly, at times, some think I'm a putz - I acknowledge that. I also have it within myself to be something different than I am - I will not. I live by my personal convictions - whether others agree with them or not - sometime at the expense of relationships. I accept that.

You do what you think is right - you have to ultimately live by your decisions. I'd personally suggest you not throw the baby out with the bath water... ;)

Still waiting on the 4 other "phantom" members who have been wronged by Wilkey to show up.

I think you should not hold your breath on one of them...

I'm just saying... :whistling:

Status
Not open for further replies.