• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What’s on the grill/smoker today? 2020

Grilled up a surf n turf meal for my sister-in-law tonight as we wish her farewell. Time flies! She was 13 when I started dating my wife and now she’s accepted a position as a meteorologist with the NWS in San Angelo, TX. Very proud of her but it makes me feel old 🤣 But now we have a place to crash in Texas 😉

View attachment 31852

Looks great! I had to go look up San Angelo. Seems like might be close to Austin but I didn’t actually look how far. I’ve been to Austin. Great place. Sadly I did not make it to Franklin BBQ but we did hit a couple others nearby that were excellent.

Looks great! I had to go look up San Angelo. Seems like might be close to Austin but I didn’t actually look how far. I’ve been to Austin. Great place. Sadly I did not make it to Franklin BBQ but we did hit a couple others nearby that were excellent.
Yeah I got excited when I heard she was going to Texas cause there’s some cool guys around these parts from TX but I forgot that you can drive from Detroit to New York faster than you can get from one city in Texas to the next 🤣

@TPC, 257 miles from me ( Dallas ) going southwest below Abilene, very open country. She should be able to smell The oil, kind of a dry area, but easily accessible from here with good roads. Would be a pleasant drive. We ever get a urge I'll yell at you. I'm heavy into weather so it would be fun to meet a real weather gal. What is her name? I'll check out her station. Thanks.

@TPC, 257 miles from me ( Dallas ) going southwest below Abilene, very open country. She should be able to smell The oil, kind of a dry area, but easily accessible from here with good roads. Would be a pleasant drive. We ever get a urge I'll yell at you. I'm heavy into weather so it would be fun to meet a real weather gal. What is her name? I'll check out her station. Thanks.
I’ll definitely hit you up when we go to visit her, Ed! Her name is Kelli. I’m not sure how the national weather service works with news stations because I think most news stations have their own meteorologists. She won’t be on camera though, that’s for sure.

Just did a couple hot dogs for me and the wife.

Later will be chicken breast.

Looking good John, what type of rub did you use? Doing beer brats and burgers myself in a few hours.
Mmmmmm..... Brats!

I use Bone sucking rub Kurt. I always rub it into a layer of yellow mustard and let it sit in foil overnight before I put it on the smoker.
DAF61943-EBB6-4179-92BA-29D3CB8828EE.jpeg

Did some quick smoking on Friday. A tri-tip and a few pork tenderloins. I was a little worried about the pork as I've never tried smoking them and was worried I'd end up with leather.

The tri-tip got a coat of Maggi sauce and then some Weber dry rub. The tenderloins were brined in salt, brown sugar, apple cider vinegar, and water with a couple bay leaves thrown in for good measure for maybe a couple hours, then rubbed with mustard and the same Weber dry rub. All smoked on charcoal and maple wood chunks for a couple hours and then thrown in the broiler to brown and crisp up. I cooked the tri-tip to about 135 internal temp and the pork to about 140. Super happy with the results. The pork turned out nice and tender. I'll definitely have to add the cut to my grocery list more often.

Did some quick smoking on Friday. A tri-tip and a few pork tenderloins. I was a little worried about the pork as I've never tried smoking them and was worried I'd end up with leather.

The tri-tip got a coat of Maggi sauce and then some Weber dry rub. The tenderloins were brined in salt, brown sugar, apple cider vinegar, and water with a couple bay leaves thrown in for good measure for maybe a couple hours, then rubbed with mustard and the same Weber dry rub. All smoked on charcoal and maple wood chunks for a couple hours and then thrown in the broiler to brown and crisp up. I cooked the tri-tip to about 135 internal temp and the pork to about 140. Super happy with the results. The pork turned out nice and tender. I'll definitely have to add the cut to my grocery list more often.
Oh yeah, pork loins are awesome smoked. The big full loins are my favorite.