• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What’s on the grill/smoker today? 2021

Nice work! I swear if you’ve cooked one brisket well….you’ve cooked one well. Every one is different for me.
Agreed. I did a brisket last summer for my in-laws visiting from out of town and it turned out great. Did another one for the same group of people using the same technique just last week and it was just okay. I think the trick is in doing a good job picking the particular cut of meat, but I dont know what I'm doing in that regard so it's sort of like throwing the dice, which is why I only do a few briskets a year.

Agreed. I did a brisket last summer for my in-laws visiting from out of town and it turned out great. Did another one for the same group of people using the same technique just last week and it was just okay. I think the trick is in doing a good job picking the particular cut of meat, but I dont know what I'm doing in that regard so it's sort of like throwing the dice, which is why I only do a few briskets a year.

I try and keep it simple as well. Salt/pepper rub, trim the fat but not too much, wrap when it hits 170, then pull at 205. I do try and keep the weight to around 10-12 lbs.

Just have Brandon come over and do the cooking apparently. Reasonable rates I’m sure.