• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What’s on the grill/smoker today? 2021

Why would you ruin good ribs with all that sauce?

Sauce seems to be a geographical thing. And not just north/south... sometimes state to state, and even city to city. For some, the rub is all and sauce is practically sacrilege. And others can't imagine not having sauce.. especially a local or family recipe.. and no such thing as too much.

I've had incredible ribs both ways, from spare to baby back. My only real preference is if they're sauced, not too much, a hotter (spicy) sauce, and that's it's seared and caramelized on during last few minutes. That's it.

Oh, and beer. Ribs shouldn't be eaten without beer.

Ok, for those of you that use foil or pink paper or if you don’t use either. I was at Ace Hardware today wasting a little time and found this deal. 24 inch x 175 ft of pink paper for $24.99:

D3D209B4-DBD9-4208-819C-737F42F35C44.jpeg

The branded pink paper next to it, is only 18 inch x 100 ft and the same price. Just a heads up and not sure if all Ace Hardwares are priced the same. Ace has to be one of my favorite stores.

Funny you say that. This is the result of my buddy from Wisconsin judging the way I grill brats. So I tried it his way. Apparently they know their shit when it comes to brats, because this was awesome.
So what do Wisconsiners? do with their brats? It looks interesting

So what do Wisconsiners? do with their brats? It looks interesting
I can’t speak for Wisconsin, but next door in Minnesota, we like to crock pot brats, you keep your pre-packaged crap, we go to the butcher for real ones. Add jalapeños, onion, bell peppers and whatever else sounds good in a half beef half water mix, use real beer no lights, set on warm setting for 8 hours minimum, then toss on the grill to finish with a char. Put all the add ins in a foil pouch on the grill to use as toppings. Poke brats in maybe 10 spots before crock pot so they better absorb flavor.

But I’m also curious what the true Wisconsin way to do it is.