• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What’s on the grill/smoker today? 2021

I swear the connective tissue just keeps breaking down even more while it sits in there too.
It does, and with a pulled pork, that’s a god thing for the tenderness. For something like ribs it can lead to them falling off the bone, and your rib smoking purists would say that’s not necessarily what you want. I don’t mind though.

I haven’t tried that with brisket, but brisket continues to be my nemesis.

I think I've probably said it on here before, but I've taken stuff out of the cooler 6 hours later and it's still so hot it burns my hands.
I think it's the best way I've done it. It's also a great way to make corn on the cob for a big party. Dump some boiling water in the cooler over top of the corn and come back a couple hours later and it's perfect.

I don't have pictures but this is an awesome way to do breakfast for a large outdoor group.
  1. Cut up everything you would want for omelettes.
  2. Whip a few dozen eggs.
  3. Turkey fryer filled 2/3 with water, bring to a boil.
  4. Quart sized ziploc bags, a permanent marker, a ladle, and a pair of long tongs.
  5. Ladle some eggs into the bag, drop a little of your favorite omelette filling in the bag, squeeze out the air and seal the bag. Write your name on the bag, drop it in the water.
  6. In about 2 minutes, take it out, give it a squeeze to make sure the middle is done, dump it on a paper plate and you will have the most fluffy omelette you ever ate!

It turned out okay. I think I’ll do a few things differently next time. View attachment 53039
Jon, here is a recipe that is amazing and foolproof. Aside from the fact that there is no bark or charring, this is the most flavorful and moist pork I've ever had. Here are the chefs guidelines:
  1. Season the bone in pork butt well
  2. Place in foil pan and seal the pan with plastic wrap and then foil, important that no moisture can escape.
  3. Bake at 450 for 20 minutes then reduce to 215.
  4. Depending on the size of your meat, cook for 8 to 16 hours, 10 pound butt for about 10-12 hours
The other chef at the restaurant said he even just wraps the butt in plastic wrap and then heavy foil. I did not get the particulars from him though.

Jon, here is a recipe that is amazing and foolproof. Aside from the fact that there is no bark or charring, this is the most flavorful and moist pork I've ever had. Here are the chefs guidelines:
  1. Season the bone in pork butt well
  2. Place in foil pan and seal the pan with plastic wrap and then foil, important that no moisture can escape.
  3. Bake at 450 for 20 minutes then reduce to 215.
  4. Depending on the size of your meat, cook for 8 to 16 hours, 10 pound butt for about 10-12 hours
The other chef at the restaurant said he even just wraps the butt in plastic wrap and then heavy foil. I did not get the particulars from him though.
Wouldn’t the plastic wrap melt at such a high temp?

Wouldn’t the plastic wrap melt at such a high temp?
I asked, he said that it wont by the time you drop it to 215.

I did it where I wrapped the butt in plastic wrap and foil and cooked it at 185 for 14 hours, awesome!

I just texted him, he said as long as its sealed, the steam will prevent the plastic from ever getting above 212.

Last edited:
I asked, he said that it wont by the time you drop it to 215.

I did it where I wrapped the butt in plastic wrap and foil and cooked it at 185 for 14 hours, awesome!

I just texted him, he said as long as its sealed, the steam will prevent the plastic from ever getting above 212.
Wow, awesome to know, I’ll have to try it sometime!

I don't have pictures but this is an awesome way to do breakfast for a large outdoor group.
  1. Cut up everything you would want for omelettes.
  2. Whip a few dozen eggs.
  3. Turkey fryer filled 2/3 with water, bring to a boil.
  4. Quart sized ziploc bags, a permanent marker, a ladle, and a pair of long tongs.
  5. Ladle some eggs into the bag, drop a little of your favorite omelette filling in the bag, squeeze out the air and seal the bag. Write your name on the bag, drop it in the water.
  6. In about 2 minutes, take it out, give it a squeeze to make sure the middle is done, dump it on a paper plate and you will have the most fluffy omelette you ever ate!
Didn't happen

Because I love Ribeye’s on the BGE! (@TexasTraveler - you get it) 😍 🥩 🤤
fd8454be-15c3-4c0b-9b5d-c9c611f7c76e-jpeg.54298

ADDF0217-CE5D-4B90-9FA3-F35620A35735.jpeg

Attachments

• FD8454BE-15C3-4C0B-9B5D-C9C611F7C76E.jpeg
    FD8454BE-15C3-4C0B-9B5D-C9C611F7C76E.jpeg
    142.1 KB · Views: 41