• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What beer did you drink today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am a day late, but last night I had a Kona Fire Rock Pale, a Stone IPA, and 2 Stone Levitation's.

It was a good night as all I had them with was an empty stomach. :D

edit: They were all 20oz brews btw.

I don't believe I'd have anything in my house called nugget nectar.
laugh.gif

Doc.

Oh Doc... The Nugget refers to the type of hops used, and it is a fantastic ale.

Just polished off a bomber of Hammerhead Ale. Pretty decent. I could sit down and drink a few of these.

I think I need to be punished ... went through the fridge last night and found a Sculpin in the back, how in the heck did that get back there and unnoticed? *scratching my head* Oh well popped it open and started to drink, it was badly oxidized so flavor was not what expected. Not sure how long it was back there for but I still finished it, followed by a 2007 Partagas 1845 Limited Reserve.

Just took down a Weyerbacher XIII Imperial Stout bomber coming in at 13%! Took me 3 hours to do this...wow what a journey. Sipping on a Green Flash Hop Head Red to finish out the night.

One of my last few HopSlams last night while watching the Royals beat the Red Sox.

Big Sky IPA last night after grilling supper for my mom's birthday. I liked it quite a bit, but it's no Schlitz.

Ballast Point Sea Monster Imperial Stout while watching the Wizards game last night. Thanks MASPuros! Definitely a West Coast IS, pretty hoppy. Way too easy drinking at 10%! Followed with a Bell's Cherry Stout, which was not as good as I remembered.

Copied from another thread regarding the L.A. Beerfest last Saturday:

Went on Saturday and had a great time! Hit up all the usual suspects (Stone, Deschutes, Sapporo) and tried some new stuff. Ladyface which is a new brewery in Agoura Hills, CA. The awesome part is that my office will be moving down the street from Ladyface on the 30th!!! BOOM!!! They also said they had a cigar tasting on their patio not topo long ago. Probably the most impressive beer I tried was Requiem Espresso Stout. I can't remember the name of the brewery but I think they were out of San Diego. While the stout could have used a bit more depth, the espresso taste was bang on! We even got a handful of espresso beans and chewed them right before taking a sip. Awesome stuff! Can't wait until next year!

Captain Lawrence Captain's Reserve Imperial IPA. Ratebeer.com gave it 99/100 and it's only $3.99/bottle.

I'm off to tdrink a few Jefferson Stouts from Lazy Magnolia and maybe a few of Red Brick's Laughing Skull. Gotta love $2 draft night.

G. Schneider & Sohn Aventinus. A wheat doppelbock. Very interesting - sweet fruitiness of a wheat beer in a nice strong dark ale package. Very nice!

FTW!

LOL! Must be one of your fav's, since you chose it for your screenname! I had that beer at a local joint that I recently rediscovered - a little restaurant here in town with awesome lunch sandwiches and 50 different bottled beers...try all 50, and they put your name on a plaque on the wall.

Had a Sierra Nevada Porter last night. Not terrible...but not that great. It's a dark black porter, but the taste is just kinda one-dimensional blah, IMO.

Surly Abrasive Ale. Fresh from the brewery yesterday. Words cannot describe it.

Lagunitas Hairy Eyeball - Tasty yet slightly too sweet for what I wanted.

Dogfish Head 90 Minute IPA - Delicious, but I like Fuller's IPA better.

Status
Not open for further replies.