• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What beer did you drink today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surly Abrasive. It was good. Similar to Hopslam and Tyranena's HopWhore. Better than both of those I would say, in that the alcohol taste is really not as present. With Hopslam, the alcohol is right there.

When this first came out, everyone was saying they thought they were drinking Furious... I do not think this beer, at least this batch, tasted anything like Furious. Not at all.

It's a nice addition to the Surly Seasonals, but I would not say it is as unique as their other releases.

Or maybe I should have another pint before I come to all these conclusions. :)

SN 30th Fritz and Ken's Ale...Smoke, roast, and chocolate flavors. It's very nice. The local store only got a case. I picked up four bombers. The other three are going to rest a spell.

Had a Class V Stout from Kern River ... really good robust stout!

This week has been full of awesome beers...mostly due to tsmckenney and his Beer PIF!

Surly Furious - Awesome
Founders Porter - Not bad
Founders Pale Ale - Good
Founders Red's Rye PA - Awesome
Furthermore Three Feet Deep - Good
Furthermore Knot Stock - Eh..

Brooklyn Black Chocolate Stout
Shiner Black
Thomas Hooker Liberator Doppelbock

Colorado Kolsh and SA Noble Pils last night. Depending on how things go this week-end, might need to have some Yeti later on.

[quote name='Smokin'Sims' date='16 April 2010 - 02:17 PM' timestamp='1271445468' post='962713']
Colorado Kolsh and SA Noble Pils last night. Depending on how things go this week-end, might need to have some Yeti later on.
[/quote]

how did you like the SA Noble Pils? I haven't tried it.

This week has been full of awesome beers...mostly due to tsmckenney and his Beer PIF!

Surly Furious - Awesome
Founders Pale Ale - Good

Shiner Black

I'm with you on those. The Founders Porter is supposed to be so good... After having a few, I agree with you. The Knot Stock is the only surprise to me. I love that beer.

Surly Furious - Awesome
Founders Pale Ale - Good

Shiner Black

I'm with you on those. The Founders Porter is supposed to be so good... After having a few, I agree with you. The Knot Stock is the only surprise to me. I love that beer.

I don't know if the Knot Stock was an old bottle or maybe it was because I drank it right after having the Red's Rye but it really didn't have much in the nose at all and the taste was a bit bland. That Red's Rye was awesome though...I'd drink that all the time if I could get it here.

Drinking a Rochefort 10 right now. I love this stuff!

I can't seem to find this in my area. Hoping to work a trade here soon for a few bottles of this and some Chocolate Oak Aged Yeti.

Drinking a Fifty Fifty Imperial Eclipse Stout - Elijah Craig. Damn good! It's a lot like GI BCS which doesn't surprise me since they're aged in pretty much the same barrels.

Last night I had a few Goldings dry-hopped IPA on cask then went home and had a few SN Bigfoots.

Then the jager came out the rest of the night is a blur.:p Doesn't make being at work this morning fun at all.

I had a couple St. Arnold's Lawnmower. I just started drinking the St. Arnold's beers, all are good so far...
I once forgot I tried that beer and bought another sixer of it. My wife looked at me crazy and asked what the hell I was doing. I said I never had it and wanted to try it. She told me I had and that I didn't like it. I told her to shut it and paid for it anyway. After taking a sip of it I cursed myself for her being right. It tasted like someone had pissed in the bottle. Same as the first sixer I bought, that I suddenly remembered. They may have a good beer in their lineup, but I have yet to have it and they lost me forever with that piss-tasting lawnmower. It was a good couple years between my samplings so it wasn't the same batch. I get a little queasy every time someone says that they have good beer or I see it on the shelves. Fortunately I don't have to see it over here.

To stay on topic I had a Frankenheim Alt last night. Just sitting here waiting on my Dark Lord to arrive.

Drinking a Fifty Fifty Imperial Eclipse Stout - Elijah Craig. Damn good! It's a lot like GI BCS which doesn't surprise me since they're aged in pretty much the same barrels.

Elijah Craig is pretty good by itself!

I had a couple St. Arnold's Lawnmower. I just started drinking the St. Arnold's beers, all are good so far...
I once forgot I tried that beer and bought another sixer of it. My wife looked at me crazy and asked what the hell I was doing. I said I never had it and wanted to try it. She told me I had and that I didn't like it. I told her to shut it and paid for it anyway. After taking a sip of it I cursed myself for her being right. It tasted like someone had pissed in the bottle. Same as the first sixer I bought, that I suddenly remembered. They may have a good beer in their lineup, but I have yet to have it and they lost me forever with that piss-tasting lawnmower. It was a good couple years between my samplings so it wasn't the same batch. I get a little queasy every time someone says that they have good beer or I see it on the shelves. Fortunately I don't have to see it over here.

To stay on topic I had a Frankenheim Alt last night. Just sitting here waiting on my Dark Lord to arrive.

If you like IPAs try their Elissa IPA...it's pretty good. Their Winter Stout is a really nice stout. The Divine Reserve series is usually top notch but those sell out within a few days when they're released in most areas.

Last night I had a few Ska Pin Stripe Red Ales at a bar with my fiance and friends. Not bad...nice balance of hoppy and malty.

Status
Not open for further replies.