• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What beer did you drink today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
All you guys who think MN has the best selection of beer need to step into a liquor store in Madison. Holy shit, the angels sing... Three Floyds, Weyerbacher, Founders, Bells, Great Lakes, Oskar Blues, all the great WI breweries, on and on and on. The selections are more expansive as well. No Surly though.

So, my take home was Three Floyds Dreadnaught, Oskar Blues Gordon's Ale, Ale Asylum Hopalicious.

Sipping a Kona Fire Rock Pale and it's sweeter than it is pale, but goes down quickly!

Just finishing up the last hemp ale that I brewed about a year ago... I need to get back to the brew place and make another batch of it, but this time it will be a larger alcohol content...Shooting for about a 10% hemp ale next time.

Had a bottle of Pliny the Elder yesterday, and today I had a bottle of Sierra Nevada Estate Homegrown Wet Hop Ale. Sierra Nevada is what I call "ON POINT." Pliny isn't that terrible either...

Had a bottle of Pliny the Elder yesterday, and today I had a bottle of Sierra Nevada Estate Homegrown Wet Hop Ale. Sierra Nevada is what I call "ON POINT." Pliny isn't that terrible either...

How did you like Pliny compared to Citra? Were you able to get some growlers of Citra?

Today drank ST Pumking. Its definitely sweeter than any other pumpkin ales and has this roasted flavor. I enjoyed it! One of my top pumpkin ales now just wish ST would distribute in California.

Last night I had (512) One Aged in Brandy Barrels, Dogfish Head Theobroma, and Jester King Wytchmaker Rye IPA at a beer bar in Dallas. All were delicious...Jester King is a new brewery in TX and their first offering impressed me. Looking forward to more beers from them.

Started off the afternoon with a Newcastle Brown Ale... now I'm enjoying a Sam Adams Imperial Stout.

How did you like Pliny compared to Citra? Were you able to get some growlers of Citra?

Today drank ST Pumking. Its definitely sweeter than any other pumpkin ales and has this roasted flavor. I enjoyed it! One of my top pumpkin ales now just wish ST would distribute in California.

NO growlers...no one wanted to make the trip with me, so I felt like it was a waste to go alone for two growlers. I may have one coming back to me this weekend from a friend though....

Pliny is great, but I honestly think Citra is better. Theres much much more going on in terms of flavor.

NO growlers...no one wanted to make the trip with me, so I felt like it was a waste to go alone for two growlers. I may have one coming back to me this weekend from a friend though....

Pliny is great, but I honestly think Citra is better. Theres much much more going on in terms of flavor.

Yea..I was scared of that. Now I have to try to get a growler of this. Also need to try Bootlegger's Knuckle Sandwich, thats another hoppy beer I'm hearing good things about.

Hoppin' Frog: Frog's Hollow Double Pumpkin Ale - lotsa spice and pumpkin...a bit too sweet though.

Hoppin' Frog: Frog's Hollow Double Pumpkin Ale - lotsa spice and pumpkin...a bit too sweet though.

Sweeter than ST Pumking? If so, I'll have to try and land one.

GD Smoked Baltic Porter. Lovely. Just lovely! :love:

Agreed. Loved it. Just don't know if its worth the price differential to Alaskan Smoked Porter and Stone Smoked Porter. GD is great, and I can't wait for Chocolate Yeti to be release here. I think that one is totally worth the money but GD smoked porter being almost $3 more than Alaskan or Stone doesn't cut it for me but YMMV.

Sweeter than ST Pumking? If so, I'll have to try and land one.

Yeah Pumking was more roasted pumpkin flavor than sweet when I had it. This was almost cloyingly sweet...I'd put one in your package but this was the only one I got from an online shop in NC.

Russian River Blind Pig. I think I actually like this better than Pliny.

Russian River Blind Pig. I think I actually like this better than Pliny.
When it comes to bottles I totally agree, but on tap Pliny is a different beast that I enjoy more then blind pig

St Bernardus Abt 12
Samuel Smith's Imperial Stout
Victory Storm King Imperial Stout

Status
Not open for further replies.