• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What beer did you drink today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought it was great, but not too sure about the $33.00 price tag great. That's what the Pub I went to was asking for these. No wonder they still have it on hand, and that was the advertised "closeout pricing to make room for new stock".
Sneaky at 12%. I got up from my bar stool to go to the head and felt like I was sinking as I was walking.

Ouch in that its so pricey but at least not that bad of price gouging. The FW 13 ranged from 25 to 27 bucks a bottle here in California so 33 ain't too bad. Definitely agree though, don't think it lived up to the price tag. Hoping it gets better with age. Surprisingly, the FW 14 is actually cheaper with bottles ranging from 18 to 23 here.

Rahr Barrel Aged Winter Warmer - so tasty...glad they bottled it this year.

Dechutes winter brew Jubelale, very tasty. Not quite as good as the usual Celebrator but will be consuming more none the less.

Aside from the beers tasted at Mike's (Bourbon Co. Vanilla Stout, be still my beating heart! :love: ), I had a bottle of Blue Point American Pale Ale. Good stuff! :thumbs: Not the hoppy beer I was expecting (due to multiple hop images on the label), but was nice, smooth, and an excellent session beer.

Palo Santa Marron Dogfish Head with family at my birthday dinner. I enjoyed the sweet yet woody flavor. Complexity of flavor in this hoppy dark beer.

OMG! .. I tried Laughing Dog's DogFather Imperial Stout the other day and it was phenomenal! I was extremely leery before trying it; for some reason beer in a bourbon cask just didn't seem right. But holy crap is that good! And POTENT! Damn. I haven't really tried many Stouts, but this sure made me want to try more. :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

DFH 90 min IPA
Bell's Two Hearted Ale

My wife and Mother in Law have been keeping the wood stove cranked up and around eighty degrees in the house. Too hot to even really crave the stouts I love. :sign:

I drank a couple of Magic Hat's yesterday, a #9 and a Winter '10. First time I've had a Magic Hat. The Winter '10 was really tasty.

DFH 90 min IPA
Bell's Two Hearted Ale

My wife and Mother in Law have been keeping the wood stove cranked up and around eighty degrees in the house. Too hot to even really crave the stouts I love. :sign:

Do you still smoke cigars with the MIL in the house?

I drank a couple of Magic Hat's yesterday, a #9 and a Winter '10. First time I've had a Magic Hat. The Winter '10 was really tasty.

I tasted the Winter last weekend, but it was in the middle of a glass of Terrapin Big Hop Monsters so didn't taste all that great. You need to go grab a growler of either the Terrapin or Expedition Stout at MF's. We were there last weekend and the guy asked what we'd like to see on tap. I told him Sublimely Righteous and Ten Fidy Imperial Stout. :D

DFH 90 min IPA
Bell's Two Hearted Ale

Do you still smoke cigars with the MIL in the house?

Yep! MIL is cool, and not the type to try to come into my house and change our rules. She actually likes the smell of my cigars anyways. Reminds her of her fathers English tradition of lighting up every Christmas. :)

Had a couple pints at Ladyface Alehouse, which is a mircobrew right down the street from my work. The first was Midnight Special, which is their seasonal scotch ale. Hmmm, was a bit lacking to be honest. Too smooth and lacked the balls and punch I'd expect from a scotch ale. Next up was their Picture City Porter which was quite good. I think they put tiny coffee bean pieces on top of the head and that added a nice flavor to it. Nice place, I'll probably be going back again at some point.

Jester King Black Metal Imperial Stout - really good TX made stout with huge flavors but the feel is a bit thin

First beer of the night Santa's Butt winter Porter. It poured dark and not much of a head on the beer but was a pleasure to drink probably one of the darker beers that I have really enjoyed I recommend trying it. The second is Missing Elf Double Bock a very nice beer in my opinion even though B.A. didn't give it much of a review. Of the two I like the Missing Elf Double Bock best at 2.99 here vs the 6.99 for the Santa's Butt winter Porter I'll get two of the Elf's and keep Santa in the shelf. Question have any of you guys tried either of these beers?

Jeff, I tasted the Santa's Butt about a year ago at a beer tasting at my local. Here are my (more than likely buzzed) quick notes:

Santa’s Butt Winter Porter – Dark color with medium creaminess. Tastes like a less creamy Guinness with a little smokiness.

Is this from Ridgeway brewery? If so, try and get your hands on their Lump of Coal. It's very nice!

Tonight:
GD Claymore Scotch Ale (quite nice. Reminded me A LOT of Black Butte, which I adore. But, as a scotch ale it seemed a bit tame)
Caldera Kettle Series Rauch Urbock (nice. Smokey, of course with a pronounced sweetness reminiscent of honey or molasses)

This weekend:
  1. Nogne Saison
  2. Rogue Chocolate Stout
  3. Stone Cali-Belgique IPA
  4. Allagash Tripel Reserve
  5. Sierra Nevada Celebration
  6. Great Divide Smoked Baltic Porter
  7. DuckRabbit Barleywine
  8. Sam Adams Imperial Series Double Bock
  9. DFH 90min.
  10. Rogue Juniper Pale Ale
I think that was it....They were all shared with good friends and family!

Shared a bottle of Dogfish Head Bitches Brew with my buddy Ray yesterday. He's heading back today to pick up some more. :D Thoroughly enjoyed it!

Had a little beer tasting on Christmas night with some friends. By far, my favorite that we shared was a bottle of Older Viscosity. Wondeful, just wonderful. Next favorite was a bottle of Speedway Stout. Also shared some Kilt Lifter, Maudite, Lukcy Bastard, and a couple others.

Status
Not open for further replies.