• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What beer did you drink today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sierra Nevada Northern Hemisphere Wet Hop Ale. Love this stuff.

I can't wait to try this stuff when it comes out! :cool:
Screenshot2010-12-13at112348PM.png

What did you think of this Jimmy? I am in love with this stuff!!!!!

I loved it tremendously! I wish I could find it more often as only BevMo has it. $5 a bottle ain't bad tho!

You comin' to the beer tasting this week?

Yeah, its pretty damn good. I think I may love the Homegrown Wet Hop ale more though...a little more citrus in the hops than pine.

I will be there for sure!

Sierra Nevada Northern Hemisphere Wet Hop Ale. Love this stuff.

I can't wait to try this stuff when it comes out! :cool:
Screenshot2010-12-13at112348PM.png
I know, me too....Im such a Sierra Nevada whore.

Drinking a Yazoo Hop Project. NIce and hoppy but not in my top 5 for hoppy beers. It also is a bit cheaper and easier to get than some of those.

Growler of Terrapin Big Hoppy Monster and a growler of Bell's Expedition stout. Whew! :whistling: :D

Growler of Terrapin Big Hoppy Monster and a growler of Bell's Expedition stout. Whew! :whistling: :D

What do you think of that Expedition, Greg? I feel like using a knife and fork to drink it because it's so heavy and filling. Very tasty, but I can only do one.

What do you think of that Expedition, Greg? I feel like using a knife and fork to drink it because it's so heavy and filling. Very tasty, but I can only do one.

Between myself and Ray, we've emptied right at eight growlers of it the past three weekends. Definitely thick and rich, really don't have to eat dinner; we just drink it! :D Ray mentioned last night he may pick up a keg of either the expedition, or possibly Founders Breakfast stout if it's in today. We're getting ready to brew up some stout ourselves, looking forward to that!

Hope you and the family are doing well Clint! Merry Christmas my friend!

Merry Christmas to you and yours as well, Greg. What ever you have left in that keg would fit nicely underneath my tree for next Saturday. :whistling: Be well my friend.

How did you like it? Did you have it also fresh? Still sitting on some bottles. It was nice fresh but could use some age and its been about a year so I should crack one open just haven't had time.

Enjoyed last night in order of preference.

Fifty Fifty Eclipse Stout aged in Heaven Hill Rye
Goose Island Vanilla Bourbon County
Bruery Einers Folly
FFF Darklord 2008
Justin's Home Brew Quad
Stone Vertical Epic 2005
Grand Teton Sheep Eater.

I'm not partial to Brett but the other's enjoyed Blvd Saison Brett and Jolly Pumpkin La Roja. Mike can chime in but it might have been the Grand Reserve.

Captain Lawrence Smoke from the Oak was an infected mess. Couldn't even taste the underlying beer but other's thought it was decent still.

I left early but Mike still had Russian River Consecration and Cigar City Big Sound on deck. Oh, can't forget about the extra big bottle of Tecate. :sign: Talk about whales.

How did you like it? Did you have it also fresh? Still sitting on some bottles. It was nice fresh but could use some age and its been about a year so I should crack one open just haven't had time.

Enjoyed last night in order of preference.

Fifty Fifty Eclipse Stout aged in Heaven Hill Rye
Goose Island Vanilla Bourbon County
Bruery Einers Folly
FFF Darklord 2008
Justin's Home Brew Quad
Stone Vertical Epic 2005
Grand Teton Sheep Eater.

I'm not partial to Brett but the other's enjoyed Blvd Saison Brett and Jolly Pumpkin La Roja. Mike can chime in but it might have been the Grand Reserve.

Captain Lawrence Smoke from the Oak was an infected mess. Couldn't even taste the underlying beer but other's thought it was decent still.

I left early but Mike still had Russian River Consecration and Cigar City Big Sound on deck. Oh, can't forget about the extra big bottle of Tecate. :sign: Talk about whales.
Wish it was the Grand Reserve but La Roja is probably one of the only beers I like from Jolly Pumpkin. Had the Consecration but put the Big Sound back in the fridge :whistling:

Tonight I had Unibroue Tres Pistoles with our appetizer, Ommegang Rare Vos with a pot of mussels, and a Troubador Obscura with dessert. The last one went incredibly well with the waffle and gelato.

Very tasty, but I can only do one.

/topic

Thought it was great, but not too sure about the $33.00 price tag great. That's what the Pub I went to was asking for these. No wonder they still have it on hand, and that was the advertised "closeout pricing to make room for new stock".

Sneaky at 12%. I got up from my bar stool to go to the head and felt like I was sinking as I was walking.

I've had a few pints of my Bourbon Vanilla Porter tonight. It has really smoothed out and is really tasty. I think next time I'll go a little lighter on the bourbon, though. It's a little more forward than I would really like. Still a damn fine beer if you ask me. :D

I'll be breaking into the Christmas Spiced Ale this week. Last tasting wasn't really what I expected. I'm hoping tomorrow's sampling is better.

Status
Not open for further replies.