• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What beer did you drink today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last night had 12oz of North Coast Brewing Co. Pranqster. Wow, I was not expecting that taste. I want to say it was good becasue I gave the wife a taste and she did not make a bitter beer face. I was pretty tired so I will have to get another one and give it more attention.

Deschutes Mirror Pond Pale Ale
Deschutes Black Butte Porter (I was impressed)

Last Saturday I had a 2009 Dark Lord I got from MasPuros a long time ago (thanks Mike!). Interesting beer and now I see why there is such a love/hate thing going on with this beer...the flavors were all over the place from sweet to slightly salty. I need to try one fresh now to see how it is without 3 years of age.

Last Saturday I had a 2009 Dark Lord I got from MasPuros a long time ago (thanks Mike!). Interesting beer and now I see why there is such a love/hate thing going on with this beer...the flavors were all over the place from sweet to slightly salty. I need to try one fresh now to see how it is without 3 years of age.

Its a sweet boozy mess to me...the only thing I could liken it to at our tasting, was a Port wine. That's all its tasted like to me!

Not really a beer drinker. I know. I know. But, at dinner, I had a Tripel Karmeliet. It was great.

Started off with a Port Brewing Older Viscosity....flat. Boo.....oh well.....then moved on to an Avery "the Czar" Imperial Stout. Very tasty, subdued
IS. Loads of coffee and bitter chocolate, smooth carb. Very drinkable for 10.5%.

I recently had Southern Tier's Pale Ale. One of the best Pale's I've had. Fantastic hop balance. I'm gonna brew something similar.

A Weyerbacher Tiny. It's a Belgian Style Imperial Stout. Got it on the recommendation of the manager at Total Wine when they didn't have something else I was looking for.... He was right. This is good. Big on roasted malt flavors.

Had a pretty bad run of beer last night.

Ozark Gubna - I gagged and ended up dumping it
Almond 22 Torbata - tasted like orange peels rubbed on a freshly charred barrel, also dumped
Fortunately some Ten Fidy saved the day.

Geary's Pale ale. There's an abundance of local beers here in Maine's South Coast. I'm stopping at the local beer store before returning home.

gearypaleale.gif

Geary's, BTW, is one of America's first craft breweries.

Doc

Last night I had a Cape Ann Brewing Co. Fisherman's Navigator Doppel Bock and a Victory 2009 Old Horizontal. Both were fantastic.

Drinking a Moloko cream ale, i can't believe this tastes so good. Unexpected and delicious. :love:

Many different styles of beer at a Homebrew festival yesterday. This was the 5th year for the event. The quality of the beers and the number of participants have increased dramatically. My buddy's Belgian Triple won this year. Other than his, my favorite was a bourbon barrel porter that kept finding its way into my glass.

It was good to see that many of the brewers were younger - 20's and 30's. This is a great time to be a beer lover.

Status
Not open for further replies.