• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What beer did you drink today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great Divide 15. Oak aged DIPA with some nice vanilla flavors.

I got a bottle of this recently and have been meaning to try it. Sounds good maybe I'll open it up soon.

I was really excited about this beer. I love their regular IPA and Hercules their DIPA so how could oak aging it go wrong? It started off nice, beautiful deep red in color. Aroma and taste were both solid but nothing amazing. It was good but somewhat of a let down based on the high expectations I had set for it.

I'm drinking the bottle I got and it's great stuff. I'm not a big IPA fan but this is good. The Mouthfeel is thick and chewy and the Vanilla flavor shows the effect the wood had on the beer. I'll have to try their regular DIPA and see if it compares to this.

I had a Leinies Summer Shanty. This is starting to grow on my. The first I had did not sit well with me but a friend brought a six pack over and I actually am enjoying it now.

Sierra Nevada Kellerweis. Good stuff, it's got the clove and banana flavors along with the creamy mouthfeel you usually only get from German Hefeweizens.

Sierra Nevada Kellerweis. Good stuff, it's got the clove and banana flavors along with the creamy mouthfeel you usually only get from German Hefeweizens.

You're about the 10th person who's opinion I trust that's said good things about that beer, can't wait for it to get here.

I'm having a couple Rye IPA's while I brew up another batch.

Last night:
Rahr Summertime Wheat
Sam Adams Cream Stout - quickly becoming a favorite

I'm going to drink some of this:

DSCF3117.jpg

Young's Double Chocolate Stout and a Goose Island Bourbon County Stout.

Had a bomber of Ommegang Chocolate Indulgence 10th Anniversary. Good lord that beer was rich! It was like a meal. No way could I drink two of them in one sitting.

Had a couple of Surly Cynic Ales with dinner. Not my usual, but it was very good. Thanks for the inspiration, Justin. :thumbs:

Had a couple of Surly Cynic Ales with dinner. Not my usual, but it was very good. Thanks for the inspiration, Justin. :thumbs:

Not my personal fav amongst the Surly's, but that's relative. Tonight is campfire night with the Mother-In-Law and some other friends. I think I'm gonna get drunk on Founders, maybe throw a Coffee Bender into the mix. Possibly some Great Lakes Burning River... and if I have some Rush River IPA around, I'll go for that as well. :)

Alan, can you get Rush River in Duluth?

Not my personal fav amongst the Surly's, but that's relative. Tonight is campfire night with the Mother-In-Law and some other friends. I think I'm gonna get drunk on Founders, maybe throw a Coffee Bender into the mix. Possibly some Great Lakes Burning River... and if I have some Rush River IPA around, I'll go for that as well. :)

Alan, can you get Rush River in Duluth?

I'll look for it. There's a couple of places up here that have recently expanded their selections and at least one of them tries to get some different stuff. I'll check there first.

The Cynic Ale wasn't something I'd drink all the time, but it went well with the dinner (grilled brats and assorted fixins). I generally like something a little meatier. It was good, though.

Today I had a Ballast Point Big Eye I.P.A. It had a floral aroma with some malt mixed in. Lightly sweet and lots of hops. This is one that Im sure hop heads will enjoy. Im gonna rate this a "mean." :D

5330_1023890853247_1704525750_42374.jpg

Had a bomber of Victory Baltic Thunder last night. I would describe it as malty, not too bad though once I was over the initial maltiness.

Status
Not open for further replies.