• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What beer did you drink today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just drank the KBS I got from Justin's PIF. Not really what I was expecting and I think I prefer Bourbon County Stout or Black Butte XXI to this. The nose was amazing and I thought I was in for a real treat but the flavor was all coffee/dark chocolate and little to no bourbon/vanilla.

Thanks for the opportunity to try this before I made any major trades for it, Justin!

Hey Greg you can send me all your KBS if you don't like them ... LOL :whistling:

Ate dinner tonight at BJ's Brewhouse just outside of San Diego. Had the variety pack to sample a few of their brews. I thoroughly enjoyed their Pale and their Red. The pizza we had was quite good too!

Last night at the Black Forest Mill Oktoberfest I was enjoying Paulener Wiess Beer while today I'll be sippin' some Yuengling Light Lagers......

Drank a few this weekend. Weyerbacher XIII courtesy of MAS_Puros. Lots of alcohol even after a year. If you've got some in your cellar, I'd sit on it a while. New Belgium Le Fleur Misseur, this one had a nice aroma of citrus and some brett, but there not a lot going on in the flavor. Founder's Breakfast Stout just arrived in KC. I had a couple last night. Really big coffee flavor upfront, which I don't always enjoy, but after a couple I was liking it! Also a couple of Boulevard Pilsners with some pulled pork.

Drank a few this weekend. Weyerbacher XIII courtesy of MAS_Puros. Lots of alcohol even after a year. If you've got some in your cellar, I'd sit on it a while. New Belgium Le Fleur Misseur, this one had a nice aroma of citrus and some brett, but there not a lot going on in the flavor. Founder's Breakfast Stout just arrived in KC. I had a couple last night. Really big coffee flavor upfront, which I don't always enjoy, but after a couple I was liking it! Also a couple of Boulevard Pilsners with some pulled pork.

Glad you liked that Weyerbacher XIII bottle ... you should really thank Philly Mike who got me hooked on them :D

Saturday went to LA County Fair ... they had crap for beer ($8 for 16oz bud and coors/$10 for Stella). Sunday had a BBQ and had a bottle of Justin's "I SEE DUBBEL" homebrew, I have to say I was really impressed (Justin you need to start selling and distributing this stuff :thumbs: ) But yesterday went to the beach and had couple of Founders Red's Rye which was really good and refreshing. Also had a Black Jack Porter and my last 2 cans of Surly Bender :(

Shipyard Pumpkinhead ...

Big fan of the Pumkpkin Ales, this one makes it into my top 3.

Oh goodness. This pumpkin is so vile for me...try out Smuttynose, DFH, Weyerbacher, Southern Tier...

I had Southern Tier's Pumpking Ale on Saturday. I cannot imagine a pumpkin ale being brewed better than that. Followed that with Lagunita's Maximus. That was the first Lagunita I've enjoyed. Little too sweet, but I still enjoyed it. I'm going to be trying more Southern Tier in the weeks to follow.

Any recommendations?

I had Southern Tier's Pumpking Ale on Saturday. I cannot imagine a pumpkin ale being brewed better than that. Followed that with Lagunita's Maximus. That was the first Lagunita I've enjoyed. Little too sweet, but I still enjoyed it. I'm going to be trying more Southern Tier in the weeks to follow.

Any recommendations?

Ah...my second home after The BrewErie. They're into hops big time. Unearthly is my favorite. Their Choklat should be released in the next few months. You have to try that.

Didn't care for their Cherry Saison, though. That's the only beer I haven't liked so far and even it was tolerable.

Had a Bling Pig IPA on tap, it was a very good IPA, hoppy and fruity flavors, simply delicious. With tacos for supper last night I had a couple of LongHammer IPA's. They were pretty good, not nearly as strong a flavor, I think they would make a pretty good session beer since it isn't too overpowering.

Any recommendations?

I like the Pumpking a lot as well. I haven't seen it here as of yet. I'd also recommend the Iniquity - a black IPA, the Creme Brulee - although some find it a little sweet and the Oak Aged Unearthly. The Cuvee beers are nice but pretty understated and a little pricey.

Last night had a Alpine BORIS BA Stout .. pretty good when it comes to a coffee stout.

Tried the Pumpking last night. It can grow on you.

Going to the brewery over the weekend. I'm hoping to pick up more of the Cuvee 2. Also want to see what else is out. They've had both Unearthly and Iniquity on the sale rack most of the summer. :thumbs: Haven't tried the Creme Brulee yet.

Try the Jahva if you can find it, Mick. Coffee based, obviously. I drank my last one a few weeks ago. There wasn't any on the racks the last time I went to Southern Tier.

Last night I went to the Flying Saucer here in Dallas to have a few beers with friends. Ended up trying all sorts of Oktoberfest beers. Had Saint Arnolds, Live Oak, Brooklyn, and New Belgium Hoptober. All were good but the Live Oak "Oaktoberfest" was my favorite. Hoptober was interesting though...pretty much a cross between a Pale Ale and a Marzen.

Going to the brewery over the weekend. I'm hoping to pick up more of the Cuvee 2. Also want to see what else is out. They've had both Unearthly and Iniquity on the sale rack most of the summer. :thumbs: Haven't tried the Creme Brulee yet.

Try the Jahva if you can find it, Mick. Coffee based, obviously. I drank my last one a few weeks ago. There wasn't any on the racks the last time I went to Southern Tier.

Dude, thanks. I know I can get Unearthly and I'm all over that. I'll see about the others.

I did finally get to that growler you sent me. It was way different than I was expecting. Very interesting. Thanks much man.

Dude, thanks. I know I can get Unearthly and I'm all over that. I'll see about the others.

I did finally get to that growler you sent me. It was way different than I was expecting. Very interesting. Thanks much man.

Hope that means you liked it, but I can understand if you didn't. I imagine it was fairly flat when you opened it? Should have warned you, but I thought you had drank it a while ago. The last keg took forever to sell at The BrewErie. The longer it aged, the hotter it got. The brewmaster vowed never to make another batch. Such is life.

Hope that means you liked it, but I can understand if you didn't. I imagine it was fairly flat when you opened it? Should have warned you, but I thought you had drank it a while ago. The last keg took forever to sell at The BrewErie. The longer it aged, the hotter it got. The brewmaster vowed never to make another batch. Such is life.

We might have waited to long. The hotter it got, eh... It still wasn't even close to Route Des Epices. If you haven't tried that beer... I cannot emphasize enough, it is not a 'spice' beer. It's like an IPA with a peppercorn finish that lasts and lasts. Fng amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.