• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What beer did you drink today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
New Holland Dragon's Milk - Good stuff

Magic Hat Odd Notion Fall 2009 - A Belgian Chocolate Stout that is great.

That Dragon's Milk surprised me, because I haven't been much of a fan of the other New Holland Beers that I have tried. Nice oak and toffee flavors.

Last night I had some Dogfish Head 120 minutue IPA. After hearing so much about it, someone I was hanging out with had some in the fridge so I gave it a try. WTF? It tasted like carbonated cough syrup. Anyone else have this experience? I know it's about 20%, but the taste was not desirable at all. It felt as thick as cough syrup, too.

Haven't had that as IPA's aren't really my thing. Tonight I have a bomber of Stone RIS to pop open during the Kings first game of the season! Go Kings Go!

Picked up a growler of Rohrbach's Vanilla Porter today... soooooo smooth. :D

Last night I had some Dogfish Head 120 minutue IPA. After hearing so much about it, someone I was hanging out with had some in the fridge so I gave it a try. WTF? It tasted like carbonated cough syrup. Anyone else have this experience? I know it's about 20%, but the taste was not desirable at all. It felt as thick as cough syrup, too.

Yeah.. 120 Minute is pure hops! Delicious. If you hate that you would also hate other such beers such as Stone Ruination, so don't bother trying it!

I had some Oberon from a little mini self tapping keg thingy and also had a Roscoe's Pale Ale. Picked up a sixer of the Roscoe's at Meijer. The price wasn't too bad and I hadn't heard of it before. Overall.. it was decent I suppose. Not anything too great and I would have paid a couple more bucks to have something with a little better balance and richer.

I had a Two Hearted Ale, Longshot Traditional Bock...finishing the night with Lips of Faith, wow this is awesome...sour is an understatement!

Picked up a four pack of Allagash White Ale and boy is this one tasty brew, it really has a lot of sweet flavor with hints of citrus. :thumbs:

Last night I had a Southern Tier Jah-va Stout and a Maui Brewing Co Coconut Porter.

:insert Homer Drooling pic here:

Last night I also had a Maui beer but it was the Big Swell IPA. Damn good IPA and I wish I could get it here in TX.

Had a Lips of Faith Sour Brown Ale last night ... Holy puckering buttholes Batman, that was one sour beer! Thanks Greg. :thumbs: :thumbs:

If I could have peeled open the bottle I would have, and licked the inside of it :blush:

well I have to say I love my wife dearly. On our way to Napa, while taking the 101 freeway I saw Firestone Walker Brewery...my wife saw my eyeballs pop out of my head and told me to turn around so we ould have a drink, god I love her!

Well I had a sampler of 4 beers:
Walker Reserve
Union Jack
Honey Blonde
Ocktober

All great tastey brews! Before I left I grabbed a bottle of Black Xantus and asked about their lambic and FW13 release party...bad news is their lambic only lasted 2 days on tap and they won't be bottling it...good news is FW13 will be released on Nov 14th.

Going back a little bit to last Saturday, but at the Oktoberfest at Alpine Village in Torrance, CA I had one, or two, or six steins of Spaten Oktoberfest. Not really sure if it truly was Spaten or AV's brew, but whatever it was it was delicious!!! Going back in a couple weeks.

On saturday night I got together with a few buddies and sampled
FW 10,11,12 (saved a few ounces from each and mixed them together, WOW)
09 cable car
09 sinners blend
09 KTG
06 BA Speedway
06 BA Wee Heavy
Russian River PH-1
Russian River Deviation
Batch 1 golden delicious
CC oscurro batch 2
Castelton batch 3
06 speedway
and a bunch more I can't even remember

I threw up and went to bed before I could sample anymore. We brought WAY to many beers for 6 guys.

09 cable car
09 sinners blend
09 KTG
06 BA Speedway
06 BA Wee Heavy
Russian River PH-1
Russian River Deviation
Batch 1 golden delicious
CC oscurro batch 2
Castelton batch 3
06 speedway

I threw up and went to bed before I could sample anymore. We brought WAY to many beers for 6 guys.

Holy crap David that's one hell of a line up..and for 6 guys.
How were the beers from what you can remember?

LOL that could have been broken up into like 5 different tastings...nice one. My friends did a scotch tasting one time and we had 6 or 7 different bottles...yeah that was bad news.

09 cable car
09 sinners blend
09 KTG
06 BA Speedway
06 BA Wee Heavy
Russian River PH-1
Russian River Deviation
Batch 1 golden delicious
CC oscurro batch 2
Castelton batch 3
06 speedway

Holy crap David that's one hell of a line up..and for 6 guys.
How were the beers from what you can remember?

Mike 5 of us have never had KTG and all of us poured some out of our glasses into the waste jug. The one guy who has had it before said the 08 is far superior. It was a real treat to try PH-1 beatification which Russian river made only 1 barrel of that was also the barrel that New Belgium gave Vinnie years ago that produced their best barrel aged beers. It was so smooth and very complex. Nothing to mind blowing though. Its also is part of the deviation blend which was cool to try side by side. Deviation was great. FW 10 smelled like speariment from the booze still being present, but the flavors faded to the background from the age. FW 11 was fantastic. Loads of raisins. 12 was boozy. Cable car 09 didn't impress me. Just lemony smell and taste. Alesmiths BA beers were fantastic. I've never had a bourbon aged beer where the bourbon notes blend flawlessly with the other flavors and don't dominate them. The wee heavy was like a fine sherry, but I reccomend to drink now bc it's at it's peak. Cigar city oscurro was also great. Best I've had from them so far. Castelon was terrific as always. CL goes way under the radar. I didn't like 09 sinners. 06 speedway was also awesome. Apparently after I fell a sleep the guys forgot they put a DDG in the freezer which ended up turning to slush. You should have seen what was still left in the fridge. I missed Bon Chien 05 and frambozen. I was passed out at thus point. I also missed batch 2 CL wine SMTO. CL batch 1 golden delicious was SO Strong. It could age for years. Next tasting will feature Yellow Bus!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.