• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What beer did you drink today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saranac Irish Stout, Great Lakes Edmund Fitzgerald Porter

Saranac Irish Stout, Great Lakes Edmund Fitzgerald Porter

What did you think of the Edmund Fitz?

It's actually one of my favorite beers.
thumbs-up.gif

I tried a Unibroue Trios Pistoles tonight. My first of any beers from this brewery. I have to say that I was quite impressed by this brew, and will be trying more from Unibroue.
B

Over the weekend, I had several fine beers:

Boulevard Bourbon Barrel Quad
Goose Island 2008 Bourbon County Stout
Great Divide Chocolate Oak Aged Yeti
Schlafly Reserve Imperial Stout

River Horse Belgian Freeze. I couldn't believe how good this beer was! I'm really feeling all of the recent offerings I've tried from this brewery. I can't wait to try the Tripel Horse......

River Horse Belgian Freeze. I couldn't believe how good this beer was! I'm really feeling all of the recent offerings I've tried from this brewery. I can't wait to try the Tripel Horse......

Ah, almost forgot about River Horse (Lambertvill, right?) Very nice brew. Can't get it up here, I'll have to have my parents bring some up from Jersey when they visit next month.
thumbs-up.gif

Ah, almost forgot about River Horse (Lambertvill, right?) Very nice brew. Can't get it up here, I'll have to have my parents bring some up from Jersey when they visit next month.
thumbs-up.gif

Yep, that's right! Once this cold weather breaks I'd really like to head down to the brewery for a tour and tasting.

Tyranena's Double Chocolate Stout - Very good.
Rogue's Dry-Hopped Red - Very good.

Tonight... wait, tonight is herf night.

Tomorrow night - Sierra Nevada's Harvest Ale (wet hopped) - Very good (I've had this several times). Wet hopping is the way to go for this kid, I love the over the top hoppiness without the dry bitterness.

Here's Todd Haug preparing a batch of Surly Wet: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gI7pAUD2T0

What's interesting about this, is Todd was under a lot of heat from Surly's owner for this project. It was an experiment for them, and one that cost a lot of coin. Turned out great though. I wish Wet was still around.

Damn its been a while since I have posted but here is what I have had in the last couple of weeks.

Russian River Pliny the Younger - It was excellent but the bar here in Denver freakin gouged for it. $7 for an 8 ounce pour.
New Belgium/Redstone Meadery Black Folie - This is a custom blend of La Folie and Black Raspberry Mead. Awesome.
New Belgium Ranger IPA - Not a huge NB fan but this beer was impressive.
Stone Cali-Belgique - This was decent. A bit of an odd funk. I couldn't tell if it was on purpose or if the bottle was bad.
Great Divide Barrel Aged Old Ruffian - This was the new batch, drank it during the Super Bowl. A ton of oak and bourbon flavor. Overall a good beer although I would let it age and mellow a bit.

Here's a photo of the Black Folie. New Belgium has released a few kegs for fests but a local beer bar had both La Folie and the mead on tap and did a custom blend for us. Awesome stuff.
4368276649_67e4fedd8c_o.jpg

Damn its been a while since I have posted but here is what I have had in the last couple of weeks.

Russian River Pliny the Younger - It was excellent but the bar here in Denver freakin gouged for it. $7 for an 8 ounce pour.
New Belgium/Redstone Meadery Black Folie - This is a custom blend of La Folie and Black Raspberry Mead. Awesome.
New Belgium Ranger IPA - Not a huge NB fan but this beer was impressive.
Stone Cali-Belgique - This was decent. A bit of an odd funk. I couldn't tell if it was on purpose or if the bottle was bad.
Great Divide Barrel Aged Old Ruffian - This was the new batch, drank it during the Super Bowl. A ton of oak and bourbon flavor. Overall a good beer although I would let it age and mellow a bit.

Here's a photo of the Black Folie. New Belgium has released a few kegs for fests but a local beer bar had both La Folie and the mead on tap and did a custom blend for us. Awesome stuff.
4368276649_67e4fedd8c_o.jpg
Geeze the time you decide to post and you are making me drool!

Had Sweetwater Festive Ale ... nice flavor but a bit thin.
Then to help me sleep I had 2003 the Czar. Wow this was seriously smooth. Vanilla, licorice and malt was delish! Smooth and silky with a nice warmth as it went down. I'm ready for bed!

Status
Not open for further replies.