• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What beer did you drink today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This weekend had a BJ's PM Porter (pretty good) and Mirror Mirror ... this is definately on its way downhill. A little oxidation but not enough to stop me from drinking. Decent overall .. if you got them drink them!

Shite! I still have a few bottles of that. Loved it fresh and thought it would get even better.
I loved it fresh too but it is a different beer now. I could be wrong but pop one open see if you like it

I have one bottle left. Drink now Mike or can it take a turn for the better?

Chocolate Oak Aged Yeti.

Love Chocolate Yeti. Not terribly hard to get and the chile presence perfectly complements the chocolate. IMHO, this is the best iteration of the Yeti series.

This weekend had a BJ's PM Porter (pretty good) and Mirror Mirror ... this is definately on its way downhill. A little oxidation but not enough to stop me from drinking. Decent overall .. if you got them drink them!

Shite! I still have a few bottles of that. Loved it fresh and thought it would get even better.
I loved it fresh too but it is a different beer now. I could be wrong but pop one open see if you like it

I have one bottle left. Drink now Mike or can it take a turn for the better?

Well I had it from tap and 2 other times from a bottle, and I really enjoyed it fresh. But it seemed to lose a little bite and there were some off flavors that I couldn't remember being there. I believe I have 1 or 2 more bottles and if you want we can pop one of my Mirror Mirror's to see if you want to keep yours aging?

Edit:
Just saw this link ==> MIirror Mirror Aging on BA

Looks like its in its sick stage and could get better. So hold off on drinking :blush: :whistling:

Update on Mirror Mirror ...
Deschutes Blog

Looks like the same infection that was in 2009 Abyss can be found in Mirror Mirror. Said to turn the beer into a funky spicey saison if you still want to age. Also looks like Deschutes is doing refunds on any unopened bottles

Edit: Another article:
Beernews.org

Over the last few days.

Several Bells Hopslam :love:

Doi Channg Oatmeal Stout HB.... Was really good a few weeks ago, but seems to be way over carbonated suddenly. Kills a lot of the flavor.

Blind Pig

Pliny the Elder

Firestone DBA

Sierra Nevada Hoptimus ..... Good, but hard to love when you've been drinking Hopslam.

Lagunitas Brown Shugga ..... Little too sickly sweet for me. Might have to give it another go.

Troegg's Nugget Nectar. ...... Love this fresh. :love:

Founders Devil Dancer TRIPLE IPA

Left Hand Milk Stout

both were outstanding. :D

Had a Widmer Brothers Barrel Aged Brrrbon and Rush River Chocolate Oatmeal Stout over the weekend. Absolutely LOVED the stout and the Widmer grew on me but is not one I would have more than once a year.

A=Appearance
S=Smell
T=Taste
M=Mouthfeel
D=Drinkability

Doi Chaang Oatmeal Stout

Grade: B+ (3.9)

A stout homebrewed by our own John Fields. Thanks John for sending this beer!!! :thumbs:

A. Pour a deep black in the glass. Significant 4 finger head which is caramel brown. 4

S. Smoky coffee. Doi Chaang coffee is obtained from the Doi Chang Village, which is located in a mountainous region within the Chiang Rai Province of Northern Thailand. With high altitudes, ideal climate and rich fertile soil, Doi Chang Village is one of the premium coffee growing regions of the world. Beer smells very rich. Some molasses and toffee. 4.2

T. The Doi Chaang coffee is evident at first taste. A slight mealiness is apparent, which I attribute to the oatmeal. But the flavor doesn't come through as the smell would indicate. 3.5

M. More carbonation that I would anticipate. Great viscosity. Creamy and smooth with a good balance of coffee and smokiness to round out the experience. Long finish. 3.8

D. ABV is 5.52%. Very drinkable. Quite sessionable for those who like oatmeal stouts. 4

Summary: This is a very good stout. It would allow pairing with many cigars, but I envision this beer holding well against the toffee and chocolate flavors of a wonderful SLR Serie A that I have in cabinet presentation from 2001.

Presentation: 12oz bottle

IMG_8622.jpg

A=Appearance
S=Smell
T=Taste
M=Mouthfeel
D=Drinkability

Grade: A- (4.2)

A pumpkin ale from Williamsburg AleWerks

A. Appearance is a ruby-orange color in the glass. The beige head is small and quickly withers to nothing. 4.1

S. Smells like pumpkin pie. Nutmeg, ginger...even the evaporated milk. 4.4

T. Pumkpin and nutmeg is instantly recognizable. Brown sugar and ginger. Sweetness is there, but it has an interesting bitterness that really balances the beer well. An array of baking spices. 4.3

M. Fairly carbonated, which is a good thing to balance out the sweetness Great tingle and crispness. 4.2

D. ABV is 8%. Quite drinkable given the sweetness and ABV. Spices/sweetness would limit this beer to one or two per session. 4

Summary: My first pumpkin ale. Interesting to try, but not a beer I would reach for often. A great dessert beer that would pair while with a great dessert cigar...the vanilla milkshake that is a late 80s Cohiba lancero.

Presentation: 12oz bottle

IMG_8623.jpg

Nice review. When I went to the brewery in the summer, they had this and another beer I was hoping for ready, but the labels weren't yet approved. No matter how much I spent, they wouldn't sell me a bottle of each.

Nice review. When I went to the brewery in the summer, they had this and another beer I was hoping for ready, but the labels weren't yet approved. No matter how much I spent, they wouldn't sell me a bottle of each.

I wish some of you guys who like the pumpkin ales could try Minneapolis Townhall's Pumpkin Ale. I had thought the Pumpking was untouchable, but this beer had the absolute perfect balance of pumpkin and spice. Next year I'll try to get a few growlers and put a couple aside for Padron event.

I wish some of you guys who like the pumpkin ales could try Minneapolis Townhall's Pumpkin Ale. I had thought the Pumpking was untouchable, but this beer had the absolute perfect balance of pumpkin and spice. Next year I'll try to get a few growlers and put a couple aside for Padron event.

Do you ship growlers?

Do you ship growlers?

I have before. The Pumpkin Ale just comes out once a year, right around Thanksgiving. They produce very little, but I think I could have scored 3 growlers. I just had no idea it was going to be that good. They also make Masala Mama, which used to be Beer Advocates number one IPA. Think it dropped to number two. They also make a fantastic coconut milk stout. Better than Maui's Coconut Porter, imo. That too though, is only available once (or twice) a year.

Pumpkin beers make me throw up in my mouth a little.

Yes, we know. :) As do wheat beers and ambers.

Tonight:

2009 Bourbon County Stout - Damn this has matured nicely. I have a nice 3 year vertical going and can't wait to compare them all when the 2011 version comes out later this year.
Boulevard Double Wide IPA - Very tasty though not my favorite DIPA
Rahr Iron Thistle Scotch Ale - Decent offering from a local brewery

BTW mckenney....you can ship me a growler of Masala Mama or Czar Jack anytime you want. I've heard great things about both of those...along with Twisted Jim as well. :)

Masala Mama is damn tasty!

Drinking some homebrew Oatmeal Coffee Stout that is damn tasty also.

Status
Not open for further replies.