• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What beer did you drink today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
FiftyFifty Imperial Eclipse Stout aged in Heaven Hill Rye barrels - This is the 2010 version which is much fresher than the 2009 version I had a few months ago. The rye is much more prevalent in this one...very tasty.

Sipping on a krug of Ladyface Russian Lullaby. Much creamier mouthfeel than I would have assumed off the pour. Good stuff. Not picking up too much chocolate, mainly coffee/espresso and roasted malts on the front with some hoppiness at the finish to balance it out. Doesn't have the depth that some other imperial stouts have, but it's good stuff. Glad I picked up this growler.

Stopped off yesterday to the brewery and tried some of their stuff. Had a pint of their cabernet BA wiezenbock which was pretty tasty (definitely picked up the winey essence). My buddy got a pint of their 1st anni (Quad) which was quite nice. Reminded me of La Fin Du Monde with a darker color and more malt backbone. He also had his fav their which is their tripel, which reminds me even more of LFDM. Had a taster of their skunkwerks Picture City Porter with maple syrup and blueberries on cask. Interesting stuff. I'll try a pint of it next time (if they still have it) but I don't know how much more than a pint I could drink.

I'm going to have to visit Ladyface one of these days.

Had a 2006 Nice Chouffe. Meh, aging didn't improve or make it worse. Still tasted the same.

Let me know, Chico! They are literally 2 miles away from my work. Their food is quite good too. A bit pricey, though.

Finishing up an ounce or two of McClellands Islay Scotch and headed towards a Red Oak bavarian amber lager. :D

Let me know, Chico! They are literally 2 miles away from my work. Their food is quite good too. A bit pricey, though.
Been there a couple times ... not bad at all. Love their porter with coffee grinds on top.

Had a Sierra Nevada Hoptimum last nice ... wow what kick in the nads withhops. Was a decent DIPA. Very oily and slick... flavor starts out sweet and malty but finish is all hops and bitteness. A bit tannic.

Today had a couple Matildas, these aged really well!

I chilled a bottle of Stone Ruination and just popped it open. Yum yum but my poor tum. :laugh:

Made a run to Southern Tier. Backburner Barley Wine and 2XIPA on tap. :thumbs:

Roads were turning nasty, so it was two beers and done. Several bombers and two growlers left with me. No 2XIPA bombers, though. Sorry, Mick. :(

I tried Founders Dry Hopped IPA last night. Way too much carbonation, IMO.

Maui Brewing Company Coconut Porter. Haven't had this since in Maui 3 years ago......good stuff.

Well this past weekend had a few Shock Tops while BBQ'ing and before the SuperBowl.

During the game I had a Black Albert 2008 and Cuvee Delphine 2010 (Thanks Chico).

Black Albert was really good, roasty rich flavors. I enjoyed this a lot. ABV was well hidden (13%) on this one and beer was well balanced and creamy.

Cuvee Delphine was not as good as Black Albert even though it is the same base beer but barrel aged. Very hot, unbalanced. Kind of a mess. Took me a while to finish this one but not something I would seek.

Numerous growlers of Founders Breakfast Stout, went back to re-fill and all gone. :( Few growlers of Bell's Double Cream Stout. Couple growlers of Stone IPA. Finished off the last growler of Terrapin Hop Monster. Shame that. Couple Highland Seven Sisters Abbey style ale, sokay. Looking to try some of the Bell's Hopslam, but no such luck as yet.

Last night had a Alpine Nelson Clone which wasn't bad at all pretty close to the real thing.
Finished off with a Stone/Jolly Pumpkin/Nogne O colab. This aged well...spices have mellowed and went well with my 858 Rosado!

I chilled a can of Modus Hoperandi and a bottle of Left Hand Smoked Baltic Porter. I opened the Modus up first and all I tasted was grape fruit. Dumped it down the sink. The Smoked Baltic Porter was the next victim and it was tossed down the sink.

So I went with one I know I enjoy and its the Lagunitas Little Sumpin' Sumpin' Ale. I love this beer. :thumbs:

I chilled a can of Modus Hoperandi and a bottle of Left Hand Smoked Baltic Porter. I opened the Modus up first and all I tasted was grape fruit. Dumped it down the sink. The Smoked Baltic Porter was the next victim and it was tossed down the sink.

So I went with one I know I enjoy and its the Lagunitas Little Sumpin' Sumpin' Ale. I love this beer. :thumbs:

I don't care for that either.

Status
Not open for further replies.