• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What beer did you drink today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got a growler of Rogue Double Dead Guy. It was delicious and pretty strong.

I also had a sample of Oscar Blues Ten Fidy and liked it enough to grab a 4 pack for the game today.

Pelican Kiwanda Cream Ale, Sam Adams Holiday Porter, Cherry Wheat and Winter Lager.

We had a tasting yesterday with myself, MAS_Puros, The Black Cloud, and Puros Locos...Good times ensued.

Eclipse 50/50 Grand Cru 2011
Canaster Winterscotch Ale 2009
Great Divide Wolfgang Doppelbock
New Belgium La Folie C&C 2008
Iron Fist Dubbel Fisted
Enegren Imperial IPA
Firestone Walker 14th Anniversary

Oskar Blues Ten Fidy

Did you find this around here somewhere? One of my favorite beers, but I can't ever seem to get my hands on it.

Since we can't get it in Missouri, I picked up a case on a trip to Chicago a couple of weeks ago. I'll be going up there again in a few weeks, let me know if you want me to get some for you. They come in four packs.

Last night:

Stone Mint Chocolate Stout
Central Waters Peruvian Morning
Leinenkugel's Big Eddy Russian Imperial Stout (surprisingly tasty)

I'll be going up there again in a few weeks, let me know if you want me to get some for you. They come in four packs.

Are you going to hand deliver them so we can finally share some beers and cigars?

Last night was the start of stout week at Flying Saucer so I had:

Bell's Kalamazoo Stout
Left Hand Nitro Milk Stout
Stone IRS 2011
Stone IRS 2012
Stone Belgo Anise IRS 2011

I'll be going up there again in a few weeks, let me know if you want me to get some for you. They come in four packs.

Are you going to hand deliver them so we can finally share some beers and cigars?

That would be cool! Although I can't promise it. LOL Four kids makes it hard to get to KC anymore. My parents always come down here to visit. But, I'll try!

Are you getting any Founds Backwoods Bastard in KC? It just dropped here in Springfield last Friday and it is fantastic (if you like a good bourbon barrel brew). Let me know if you find it anywhere because I could only get a four pack here, it sold out fast.

Last night was the start of stout week at Flying Saucer so I had:

Bell's Kalamazoo Stout
Left Hand Nitro Milk Stout
Stone IRS 2011
Stone IRS 2012
Stone Belgo Anise IRS 2011

I forgot to add, great lineup!!! I bought a case of the Stone IRS 2012 this year but haven't tried the 2011 or the Belgo Anise 2012. How were they?

And what did you think of the Kalamazoo?

I forgot to add, great lineup!!! I bought a case of the Stone IRS 2012 this year but haven't tried the 2011 or the Belgo Anise 2012. How were they?

And what did you think of the Kalamazoo?

Haven't seen Backwoods Bastard yet, but if I do I'll try to grab you some.

The Kalamazoo actually might have been my favorite of the group. It had a nice smoky, coffee flavor with what tasted like to me a small hint of peat in the background. And it had a better finish than the Stone, because it had very little hoppy bitterness on the end.

I thought the 2011 wasn't quite as good as the 2012 Stone, but the Belgo Anise was not good for me. I can't say the licorice anise flavor did anything positive for the beer.

Shock Top Pumpkin, they had it on tap at dinner and I haven't had a pumpkin brew this year. Not great, but it filled the gap in my beer tastes.

Saaz Squash and Evil Giant IPA on tap- Yum!
And the old stand-by Brooklyn Lager in a can, I like it in the can. :0

-Rob

Saaz Squash and Evil Giant IPA on tap- Yum!
And the old stand-by Brooklyn Lager in a can, I like it in the can. :0

-Rob

Lucky bastard. Not going to able to find either of those for a while, it looks like.

Had some Founder's Backwoods Bastard last night. Wow! Good stuff that I wish I could get some more of.

Status
Not open for further replies.