• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What beer did you drink today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a couple Lagunitas Sucks.

I really like this beer. I wish it was a regular release.

West 6'th amber ale. It's a little brewery out of Lexington ky, about 40 minutes from where I live. Their ipa is extremely popular around here, I don't care for ipa's so I don't care for it. But the amber ale is fantastic stuff, they're canning amber ale soon. Which will make two beers they have in stores for sell (ipa is the other one). At the bar they have at their brewery they have several other beers on tap that they make. Including a stout that was aged in pappy van winkle 23 barrel! Be on the look out for these two beers if you live around here.

Pre-Trey Anastasio...
On tap Allagash 3 Bean Baltic Porter.
Delicious and 10% ABV!

-Rob

Surge Protector IPA

It started off as the brainchild of a LI beer blogger and photographer, and got fast tracked when Sandy hit. The original plan was to get a bunch of LI breweries to to collab on a beer, take a bunch of pics, write about it, etc. Then Sandy wiped out my favorite brewery (that I've mentioned here a bunch of times), Barrier Brewing. They decided to hurry up and make the beer. Eight LI breweries all brought ingredients to one brewery and they brewed this IPA. Half the proceeds go to Barrier to get back up and running, the other half goes to Long Island Cares, a local food bank.

The IPA is good. A lot of nice caramel balanced nicely with some citrusy hops. I took a late lunch on Wednesday to make sure I got the first growler fill of it at Barrier. Only ~2000 bottles. and a handful of kegs scattered all around the island and the 5 boros. If you see it, drink it. You won't be disappointed. I need to get more.

More info, pics, and a couple videos:
http://sandyreliefbeer.tumblr.com/

Surge Protector IPA

It started off as the brainchild of a LI beer blogger and photographer, and got fast tracked when Sandy hit. The original plan was to get a bunch of LI breweries to to collab on a beer, take a bunch of pics, write about it, etc. Then Sandy wiped out my favorite brewery (that I've mentioned here a bunch of times), Barrier Brewing. They decided to hurry up and make the beer. Eight LI breweries all brought ingredients to one brewery and they brewed this IPA. Half the proceeds go to Barrier to get back up and running, the other half goes to Long Island Cares, a local food bank.

The IPA is good. A lot of nice caramel balanced nicely with some citrusy hops. I took a late lunch on Wednesday to make sure I got the first growler fill of it at Barrier. Only ~2000 bottles. and a handful of kegs scattered all around the island and the 5 boros. If you see it, drink it. You won't be disappointed. I need to get more.

More info, pics, and a couple videos:
http://sandyreliefbeer.tumblr.com/

Very cool!

Locker party at the shop last night so I brought two bombers:

Boulevard Bourbon Barrel Quad
Firestone Walker Parabola

The BBQ has aged nicely!

In Florida for vacation. Had a couple Widmer beers today. Their IPA and the Ale. Both really good.

Drank Six Point tonight one Resin Double IPA and one Righteous Rye Pale Ale. Went to the cigar lounge and got a Bell's Two Hearted and will now finish the nigth with some Terrapin Wake n Bake. I really dig this Coffee Oatmeal Imperial Stout.

Sam Adams Winter Ale. Followed up with Weidner Rotator IPA. The former was ok, the latter is really good.

Working on Sweetwater's Happy Ending. It is a dry hopped Imperial stout. Nice hop aroma and citrus to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.